Thread: NHL 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs

NHL 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Hockey thread! LET'S GO:

The Washington Capitals with the game 2 win against the New York Rangers!! Wooooo! Let's go Caps!

Also, the weird Western Conference... man, those final 4 teams... young blood! But pretty cool to see though.
    "I do not think I know what I do not know." - Socrates

Let's go Sharks!

Darn it.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottMBruner View Post
    Let's go Sharks!

Darn it.
    Haha, I'm sorry.

I honestly root for the Sharks in the West every year. I feel like they've shared similar paths with the Caps the past few years or so. Awesome regular season... not so much in the playoffs... Actually, the first hockey game I ever went to was the Capitals vs. the Sharks in like 1999 - 2000.
    "I do not think I know what I do not know." - Socrates

I was rooting for the Sharks as well. Oof!

Lets go Jets!

Oh wait...

I really don't have anybody I truly like/hate (MAYbe Phoenix) so its a bit easier to just sit back and watch.
    Thanks Ian for the avatar! From:
    http://gaelvin.tumblr.com/

The playoffs ended with a whimper for me with the Canucks and the Penguins

Vancouver is my team with Ottawa coming in a close second, since both are out I probably won't be paying a lot of attention. Even more so with St. Louis taking a beating as my favorite American team. *sigh*

The woes of a Canadian Hockey fan.

I know that this is going off topic a bit but I use to follow the Dallas Star, Mike Modano was great .... but my god what happened to them? Shocking Bankruptcy

Stelly

My team (Colorado) didn't even make the playoffs which is good in one way. I don't have to spend my nights trying to stay up and watch it, now I just follow the results and perhaps I'll catch some weekend game which isn't that late.

-Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by TheMidgardKnight View Post
    Hockey thread! LET'S GO:

The Washington Capitals with the game 2 win against the New York Rangers!! Wooooo! Let's go Caps!

Also, the weird Western Conference... man, those final 4 teams... young blood! But pretty cool to see though.
    I was really hoping Rangers would win... It's not that I’m the hugest rangers fan, but Henrik Lundqvist used to play for my home team (Frölunda Indians) so i just want him to succeed

Both of the teams I like best went out in the first round (Red Wings and Black Hawks), so I had a bit of a sad about it, then decided to watch baseball instead. Of course all the Tigers then promptly decided to quit winning for a while. So I'm just not having luck with sports in general right now.

hey opifex, at least you're not a Mariners fan You know you're a terrible team when the DH is batting .150
    "Not all those who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

YES, Hockeeey!

I will fully admit to being a new hockey fan. I've always liked violent sports despite being of the fairer sex but I always stuck to football (American) because I'd learned the rules as a kid so I understood the game. Then last year my brother was up in Rhode Island on business during the Stanley Cup games. He took a few trips into Boston for game-night parties and I actually paid attention. The rules are SO easy to pick up just by being observant! Also feels like NBC has increased the network coverage of hockey lately so I can see more games (never had cable or satellite).

Anyway, I was an automatic Bruins fan but I also picked up a liking for the Caps and Flyers this season. Alas, only one can make it to the championship series, but I'm fine with that.