Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Proving Grounds

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Proving Grounds

Click to Zoom In

Will we be able to name our characters?

Good question. I'm also curious what the stats listed are.

I'm pretty sure I've figured out all but the orange and purple stats:
    Red: Strength
    Blue: Armor
    Yellow: Willpower
    Orange: Weaving related?
    Purple: ???
    Green: Movement

Also I assume that each character can only have one item equipped, which is nice.

Two things to note -- we'll be updating this picture today (it's from an older version) and as with anything you see between yesterday (or any day) and release: ANY AND ALL THINGS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
    Sean "Ashen Temper" Dahlberg
    http://www.seandahlberg.com/

Oh neat, new stat icons. Now the only one that looks obvious is the broken shield > armor breaking?

There's a thing that lets people attack armour, to make subsequent hits be better, so an armour-breaking stat makes sense. You could build a "can opener" whose only job is to crack open heavily armoured opponents for your glass cannons to pick apart.

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7
    @Flickerdart: Yes, you will be able to (in fact you have to) name the characters. Once you Promote a character to an advanced tier you then name them and we will track different stats on them for you. I.e. Kills and whatever else would be cool.
    You are correct about the Armor Breaking stat. Some units are better natural "can openers" than others, meaning they have the capacity to carry more Armor Break if you want to use points in that stat. Each character has a "max stat" though so be careful how you build them. They cannot max out each individual stat because they would hit their 'max stat cap' before they can. In this way you could have 4 Thrashers in a fight, all with different builds depending on how the player wants to use them.
    In the above example (numbers are still in flux) you can see from the box under their stats that the Thrasher has 23 points currently allocated. They can have a max of 33 points, but the stat caps (the yellow numbers on the right of their stat numbers) equal 44. You cannot max all stats...choose wisely, but you can always make another character or reset the current characters points to rebuild them and not lose their current tier.
    @Lolisauce: Top to bottom - Strength / Armor / Willpower / Exertion / Armor Break / Ability
    These are the base stats every class will have. All are important to each class, but in different ways.
    Last edited by Arnie; 10-20-2012 at 04:34 PM.