Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New/Upcoming games you're interested in!

New/Upcoming games you're interested in!

I absolutely loved the demos for Asura's Wrath and Dragon's Dogma. I'm going to pick them up in the future for sure. The trailer for Lost Planet 3 also looked really good. (LP2 was one of my favorite co-op experiences of all time.)

Capcom is on top of things right now! Besides all the crap with their infinite stream of DLC... jerks!
    "I do not think I know what I do not know." - Socrates

I backed the Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter. I don't actually have experience with Shadowrun, but hearing about a cyberpunkish 2D turn-based RPG piqued my interest. Learning that the team making it is led by the original designer of Shadowrun earned the project some pedigree.
    Last edited by Aaron; 04-30-2012 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Said I was "currently backing" a Kickstarter. Since it got successfully funded, my statement should be in past tense.

Right now I'm all caught up in Risen 2, hard to think about games yet to come out. Besides there really isn't anything I'm excited about until Q4, all my big releases before then have hit already.

I need to get my hands on the Walking Dead, I've heard some great things about it

I'm also disproportionately interested in Guild Wars 2 (relative to how little entertainment value 1 had)

Other than that, I'm excited for this year's xmas sale on Steam, when I'll get all the big hits from last year

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I backed the Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter. I don't actually have experience with Shadowrun, but hearing about a cyberpunkish 2D turn-based RPG piqued my interest. Learning that the team making it is led by the original designer of Shadowrun earned the project some pedigree.
    Also, that's pretty awesome! I wish I'd seen that 2 days ago, I love Shadowrun!

I also went for Shadowrun (huge fan of the pen and paper). On the block buster side need I really say Diablo III?

Diablo 3 is probably going to be holding all my attention for the near future, I have at least three groups of people to play with. 1. My brothers, 2. My buddies from uni and 3. My best friend who I just played through D2 with in anticipation, it will probably be her that I play with at 12:01am on the 15th.

Outside of that I'm really excited for E3 and the blow out on the Wii U, I do love my Nintendo franchises.

I'm looking forward to Guild Wars 2 (not sure about Secret War...not sure I'd like to be supporting/buying any EA game anytime soon, esp. after ME3), Max Payne 3 (maybe), DUST 514 (wheee...free-to-play), and Mechwarrior Online (maybe Hawken, too).

Some stuff from Paradox Interactive (I love their grand strategy stuff like HoI, EU and CK) also look interesting (Showdown Effect, A Game of Dwarves, and War of the Roses)

As for Kickstarter: other than The Banner Saga, I also backed Wasteland 2 and Shadowrun Returns (SR:R is the most I've ever spent on a single game...not sure if I can fund some other projects lol).
    There are a few more Kickstarter projects I find interesting (just not sure I have cash for 'em) : Republique, Yogventures! (lol), and Ravaged
    Shadowrun Online is, I think, an upcoming kickstarter project (I just hope that they don't start it too soon...need to get more cash first )

For me its Diablo III, FTL game (another kickstarter project),Borderlands 2, Mechwarrior online, Darksiders 2, Metro Last Light, Torchlight 2.... think I will leave it there for now... I have a few more that I definately want, just cant remember them

Stelly

The new Walking Dead game is good so far so im looking forward to the rest of the episodes. Also FTL and im interested to see how Notch's new game turns out like

Now : Warlock, Master of the Arcane...too bad it's steamified. A few roguelikes.

A glimpse from the future : Wasteland 2, The Banner Saga, Shadowrun, The Age of Decadence, Sword and Sorcery : Underworld/Underworld gold , Legend of Eisenwald, Xenonauts...

A bright future indeed, thanks to Kickstarter and indies !

BioShock Infinite, Torchlight 2, Guild Wars 2

Then in the long term I'm really looking forward to the new Thief game.

Here is my list:

The Banner Saga
    Mechwarrior: Online
    Wasteland 2
    FTL
    Ravaged
    Shadowrun Returns
    Torchlight 2
    The Walking Dead (the rest of the episodes)
    The Dead Linger
    X-Com: Enemy Unknown
    Borderlands 2

And that's what I can think of off the top of my head, needless to say, many many great games that I am looking forward too.
    Greg Jennings - "It's a great day to be great!"

I played GW1 from release, so I am fanboysihly excited for GW2, even more so after playing the beta weekend. Beyond that? Looking forward to the next Skyrim DLC I'd wager.

Er... As for new games, I just finished Analogue: A Love Story by Christina Love. If you're a fan of visual novel/adventure game crossovers and like anime, I can heartily recommend it (admittedly, I suspect that will be a very small group of people).

Future games wise, Notch's new game looks interesting (and this is coming from someone who hated the very idea of Minecraft) and Dragon's Dogma looks like a less sadomasochistic version of Dark Souls, so I'm pretty excited about that too. EDIT: How the hell did I forget Bioshock Infinite? Everything I've heard about the 1999 mode in that game makes me feel all tingly.
    Last edited by CottonWolf; 05-01-2012 at 07:57 AM.

Oh man, too many to count. I backed both Wasteland 2 and Shadowrun Returns in addition to The Banner Saga, so i'm pretty psyched about that. Immediate future? Diablo 3, which will keep me occupied for most of the summer, hopefully.

Beyond that? Ever shifting, like the snows and sands. But off the top of my head, Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, XCom: Enemy Unknown, Guild Wars 2, Darksiders 2, maybe the Game of Thrones title, as a huge fan of the series...

Many to count, here is a small list :
    The Banner Saga obviously), Starfarer, Xenonauts, Grim Dawn, Broderlands 2, Torchlight 2, X Rebirth, Dishonored... Not many new RPGs this year.

@Neveryield :
    You might be disappointed for hte Game of Thrones RPG game, it is made by Cyanide, the one studio I hate because of their many failures on very promising titles. Loki was a great example, each patch added more problems than it removed.

Skitnik mentioned this above, but I'm also looking forward to Age of Decadence for the NWN-vibe it seems to be channeling as well as the quasi-Roman/Mediterranean inspired world. I've been wanting to try out the public beta, but it hasn't been playing nicely with CrossOver on my laptop and my PC is still in a box to be shipped.

@Troll
    Oh, believe me, i don't hold much hope for it being particularly stupendous. But i'm a huge aSoIaF fan, and if i got a Stark tattoo straight out of high school all those years ago, i figure i could drop a couple bucks on the game. If anything, it'll help draw out Diablo 3's lifespan!

Also, someone namedropped Dark Souls above, and i can't believe i forgot the PC version. Will definitely be double dipping for that.

The games I'm looking forward to most at the moment are the Banner Saga (obviously), PlanetSide 2 (big fan of the original, and it's looking like a great sequel), Wasteland 2, FTL, and the 6th edition of Warhammer 40k (if we're not restricting ourselves to video games).

In the meantime, I'm dumping time into Crusader Kings 2 and Deus Ex: Human Revolution, along with various board games.

I'm also miserable as I wait for Shadowrun Returns to come out, although, oddly enough, that's primarily because I want Jordan Weisman to hurry up and do something with the Crimson Skies license again. Preferably something turn-based with hexes.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast