Thread: [Spoilers] Can Egil and Ekkil Coexist?

[Spoilers] Can Egil and Ekkil Coexist?

Is there any way to end the game with both Egil and Ekkil on one's roster? Or can Ekkil only be on the team at the cost of Egil's death? Ekkil is one of my favorite characters, *by far*, but the cost of having him (the mutiny) is far too high.

I was wondering the same thing. In my first run I never used Onef or Ekkill and then when I lost Egil it cost me my entire strategy. When I recouped I didn't have space for Ekkill and I really wanted to test out his ability with max strength and the +3 Str gloves. The issue is that on my second play (now on hard) I wanted to keep Egil to help out with the CC of having 12+ enemies to handle at a time.

If I could have recruited Ekkill without Onef it wouldn't be a problem to get him the kills and rank him up along side Egil and his invincible shield.

From what I have seen if you knock out Onef then Ekkill has no reason to chase you on the road. When recruited he states that he only followed your caravan because he didn't know what to do when Onef left him.

I think You kill Onef the moment You decide to ambush the supply cart (wait and help the wounded instead of breaking the door with Iver or following Egil's suggestion and using water passage), it might be possible to sweet-talk Ekkill into liking You afterwards.

It's really a shame; I had a dream of building a caravan featuring all the ('good') characters, yet Fasolt must be sacrificed to destroy the bridge (with or without approval) and Egil must be sacrificed to get Ekkill. It's too bad.

No, you can keep Fasolt

Not sure how many ways there are, but I keept him doing the Following:

- In Einartoft, Figth 2 times on the bridge (you can help heal and remove the bodies as well, I presume)
    - on the third day, select destroy the bridge
    - Kill the Dredge
    - Surrender to the Varl
    - Get Kicked out (this is obligatory after trying to destroy the bridge :P )
    - Ubin comes with other Varl dissidents, including Fasolt

Although, I have to mention, I lost Fasolt later in Boersgård, not sure if to a bug or to my army being so small that the Dredge broke into the city (and Killed Krumr)

But that doesn't allow you to destroy the bridge- a choice I'm certain will have consequences in the next game. Although if it doesn't, then that sounds like a good way to keep him. It just always felt weird and cheap to me (that you can just... leave... without any immediate repercussions; the game's most dramatic choice really has no impact on anyone).

Yeah, I'm almost sure there shold be a way to keep Ekkill until the end (Backbiter was my favourite unit in Factions!... although now Grudgewielder took its place :P)

Ekkill speaks of the people that joined and such, perhaps if you are an ass and never accept anyone into your caravan? or just accept a few?

Quote Originally Posted by angelcatano View Post
    Yeah, I'm almost sure there shold be a way to keep Ekkill until the end (Backbiter was my favourite unit in Factions!... although now Grudgewielder took its place :P)

Ekkill speaks of the people that joined and such, perhaps if you are an ass and never accept anyone into your caravan? or just accept a few?
    Onef complained about the strangers, not Ekkil. Seems like easiest way would be to kill right away and somehow get Ekkil to join anyway. Barring that if there was some event that could get Onef killed (go into battle with just him and required characters, then lose?)

Quote Originally Posted by Kletian999 View Post
    Onef complained about the strangers, not Ekkil. Seems like easiest way would be to kill right away and somehow get Ekkil to join anyway. Barring that if there was some event that could get Onef killed (go into battle with just him and required characters, then lose?)
    Ah, yes! my bad, got the name wrong there

In my current run, I ambushed the party of Onef (with the suply cart), now finishing chapter 3, will post when I discover if Ekkill joins me and cna confirm Onef is not in my party

Quote Originally Posted by angelcatano View Post
    Ah, yes! my bad, got the name wrong there

In my current run, I ambushed the party of Onef (with the suply cart), now finishing chapter 3, will post when I discover if Ekkill joins me and cna confirm Onef is not in my party
    Really wish Ekkill would join you after you accidentally kill his mastermind evil brother in law. Personally, I think it fits the story. He could stop you and tell you that you killed his brother. When you answer correctly with "What of it?" He tells you its the happiest day of his life.

I also would like to see actual groups inside the fortress that are fighting one another. It would be far more interesting if Ekkill's words had a grain of truth.