View Poll Results: Backbiter Back to Strenght 12?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I liked the Backbiter as they were

4 40.00%
  • No, I pee my pants if I even see a Backbiter

6 60.00%

Thread: Suggestion -- Backbiter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Suggestion -- Backbiter

Hello,

im a Fan of the Backbiter and we all know all that a Patch castrated this nice Viking, still usefull but weaker then the other Vikings.

The problem is that the ability of the Viking (not exclusively ! Before a debate flares up ) him to a more aggressive fighter makes . The Backbiter was also gladly sacrificed to a certain tactically important unit to kill or severely wounding .

This has led to the players had to pay a little more for their formation and their moves , what the game has enriched tactically . He was the typical Vikings came into play when someone has a powerful build had it depended on one or two key unit . BUILD THE CRUSHER . ^ ^

I 've often found that a strength of 10 is too little to employ it in this way makes sense . Him to sacrifice worth not often. In my opinion robs the game to an essentially tactical factor. Unless of course you want to safely continue to click through the usual builds. ^ ^

I liked this guy was such a nasty bastard . Especially if you had shot up successful someone his build. It did not always work against cunning opponents, but was a pagan joy when it worked .

Now one uses the 2 points that originally invested in the strength simply elsewhere. In most cases, Armor Break. So this nasty bastard is reduced to an ordinary Armor Breaker . No scary eyes more the yes make sure he does not gets too close to the wrong units , real shame .

My POLL therefore, give him strength 12 back. I think the original reason was indeed the 6 Back Bitter builds which are now no longer possible after the restriction to 3 Raiders (which I welcomed. ^ ^).

Now your opinion counts. ^ ^

Backbiting lets the unit perform an attack with an effect +2 str, break, and range for just 1 will, 6 times better than using exertion. Archers have at best 8 armor so this is nothing to sneeze at even at 10 str, menders will likewise be highly threatened. When I stopped playing, the three raiders were about par with perhaps the Raidmaster being favored, setting it back to 12 will return the Backbiter dominance. Maybe you'd get some agreement from 11.

I haven't really understood most of the thread, but backbiter's strength nerf had its reasons, and those reasons still stay put not to return his strength back

Right now backbiter does well at where he is. He excels at breaking the armor just like any other raider (thrasher is a bit of exclusion here, but every class has its exclusion if you notice), benefits from correct tactical play (don't forget his shieldwall bonus) and has a deadly ability on low-armored units when left at full strength for too long. Also his ability can be used as a pure positional move too, swooping through own units for example and positioning in a tight spot hard to reach for archer protectors.

TL;DR in right hands Backbiter is deadly. Sometimes (and with certain playstyles) he is preferrable to Raidmaster whom he not only substitues but excels due to his ability.
    If you don't know where to put it - put it in the pillage

Steelhammer Tribune issues collected here
    Some of my Factions games can be observed here
    Also possible streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/netnazgul

Quote Originally Posted by netnazgul View Post
    I haven't really understood most of the thread, but backbiter's strength nerf had its reasons, and those reasons still stay put not to return his strength back

Right now backbiter does well at where he is. He excels at breaking the armor just like any other raider (thrasher is a bit of exclusion here, but every class has its exclusion if you notice), benefits from correct tactical play (don't forget his shieldwall bonus) and has a deadly ability on low-armored units when left at full strength for too long. Also his ability can be used as a pure positional move too, swooping through own units for example and positioning in a tight spot hard to reach for archer protectors.

TL;DR in right hands Backbiter is deadly. Sometimes (and with certain playstyles) he is preferrable to Raidmaster whom he not only substitues but excels due to his ability.
    Sorry i use Google translator im a German member.

Yes it is usefull, i have most 2 in my build. But i think the Backbiter was a bit to weak now.
    Archers have most 8 Armor and if the backbiter have 12 Str it reduce with his skill the Armor to 6 and deal 6 damage so the archer was still alive with 2 str. In the most Situations the Backbiter was dead after that, weak enough for my opinion. But let the Archer back with 4 health...
    Maybe im wrong. Im not a developer and work not hours over hours to Balance this Game, but eventually i was not alone and someone agree.^^

You referring to Factions or Saga (i.e. just Onef)?

For Factions, I agree that 12STR (and no other change) wouldn't work. As Kletian said, 11STR is maybe viable. Personally, I'd tweak his ability (I've argued about that in the past, so ain't gonna repeat it here.) if I really wanted him to go up to 12STR, like the other two raiders. For the Saga... heck yeah, even 13STR would do!
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    You referring to Factions or Saga (i.e. just Onef)?
    For the Saga... heck yeah, even 13STR would do!
    13 Str was to much, its a Men not a Varl and yes i mean Factions.
    Eventually 11 Str was ok but i found 10 not enough.
    But i was not a Developer and maybe ist inbalanced with Str 11 or 12 ist only my sight of the things.

I like putting it to 11 str. But you know that one unite nerfed leads to another unit getting stronger. The backbiter primarily takes out weaker armored targets. The fact that it was nerfed, and 3 archer builds are prevalent in Factions, is no coincidence

Quote Originally Posted by roder View Post
    I like putting it to 11 str. But you know that one unite nerfed leads to another unit getting stronger. The backbiter primarily takes out weaker armored targets. The fact that it was nerfed, and 3 archer builds are prevalent in Factions, is no coincidence

True this Night i have a "match" against a 3 Master Archer Build Opponent he flee in the 10 seconds Countdown Menu lol. But i wonder why! Im sure this fight would be hard and im not sure about the ending of the match. Curios. 3 Bowmaster with 2 Backbiter was a dead run!

lol

gn8

3 bm and 2 backbiters, no room for 2 varls? lol

here's showing my love for backbiter.

Man - i don't know about balancing strength, but I piss my pants the moment i see a backbiter - that guy is ruining my positionfocused approach to battle.
    I hate him - remove him from game.
    *joke*