Thread: Can't fire the silver arrow?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Can't fire the silver arrow?

So, I elected to give Allete the silver arrow. When she's selected, you can see "Silver Arrow" listed in her abilities in the status box, but she doesn't get an icon to use the arrow. It's not greyed out, it just doesn't exist. Of course, Rook doesn't have the icon either.

I crunched Bellower down to 3 armor, Allete has +3 strength gloves and 10 base strength for 13 strength. She can kill him outright with a normal attack (but of course he's "Protected"), but cannot choose to use the arrow. What can I do?

Unfortunately you have no choice but to reload the game. I had the same bug, and loading my last save fixed it. I'm not sure what causes this glitch to happen, but I just wanted to let you know you are not the only one experiencing it.

Best of luck.

It's a bug. It's usually fixed by reloading a save.

I had the same bug today but the silver arrow option has a cross through it.

Hopefully reloading the save fixes it...

Someone (Rensei, I think) hinted that this might actually be a UI bug. So, using the keyboard shortcut for the ability (1-2-3-4, can't recall which) might work, i.e. activate the ability.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

It is a UI bug, where Alette's or Rook's "native" active ability icon overrides the one for silver arrow. The ability can be summoned from keyboard (was [2] for both in my case, make sure to read the description of the ability You have blindly chosen, before picking target).
    Seeing how fast they are implementing patches it is likely to be squashed with next pack.

Thanks, folks. I haven't had a chance to try again yet, but its good to know the fix is simple enough.

This problem seems worse post-patch. First load: arrow wasn't an option at all. Second, third, and fourth loads: arrow is an option now (replaces Alette's special), still requires 1 Willpower to fire, and appears to have range of ~4, but cannot target Bellower, even at point-blank range, zero armor, and with Alette at 10 strength.

Anyone else notice worse issues with (maybe specific to Alette) and not being able to fire the Silver Arrow?

Perhaps Alette (like most archers) can't use her silver arrow abilities on Bellower at point blank range? Archers usually can't attack at point blank range.

Quote Originally Posted by quartex View Post
    Perhaps Alette (like most archers) can't use her silver arrow abilities on Bellower at point blank range? Archers usually can't attack at point blank range.
    I was turn by turn moving closer, with no luck at any range. Load #5 did the trick, and suddenly I could target Bellower again. :P

I got stuck like others in this thread, but I was able to push the "2" key (I think) and then target Bellower, even though the icon didn't show up.

Well, I had a similar problem (hard mode, pre-patch) where you could click the ability but could not click Bellower. However, i found that if i did not move (as in, getting the bonus archer attack for standing still), it allowed me to use it, so it made hard-mode harder, but I got it.

A have double trouble =)
    There is no Silver arrow, Neo.

Quote Originally Posted by oiisac View Post
    A have double trouble =)
    There is no Silver arrow, Neo.
    It seems that your are out of Willpower (stars), and that's why you can't fire the arrow. Even though the patch notes say you don't require WP to fire it, you still do... That's a "known bug". Make sure you save 1WP on the silver-arrow bearer! (don't forget the keyboard shortcut, key "2", that can help activate the ability sometimes).
    Together we stand, divided we fall.