Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 238

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Promising Kickstarters

  1. #121
    Senior Member sweetjer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Pacific NW, United States
    Posts
    154
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...t-kickstarter/

    this might be part of why it's not really picking up steam @ sharksummoner

  2. #122
    Unwritten: That which happened looks somewhat interesting. Like the Banner Saga SP it's about traveling, but in a completely different setting and overall more abstract.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetjer View Post
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...t-kickstarter/

    this might be part of why it's not really picking up steam @ sharksummoner
    yeah i heard about that,that really sucks its always said when a talented development studio suffers problems like that.

  4. #124
    Moderator stelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    98

  5. #125
    @ Stelly Aw man I was gonna post that

    Any way here is one real cool one I've seen recently

    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...oject-awakened

  6. #126
    Junior Member jorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkSummoner View Post
    @ Stelly Aw man I was gonna post that

    Any way here is one real cool one I've seen recently

    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...oject-awakened
    That one is amazing, but it also has an amazing funding goal, and an amazingly short time limit to reach it, I still hope the best for it.
    Last edited by jorian; 02-07-2013 at 12:36 PM.

  7. #127
    Junior Member jorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3

    Exclamation

    This is something I awaited since ages, but the game got postponed due to that stupid MMO. A sequel to the adventure games The Longest Journey and Dreamfall!

    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...y?ref=category

    I wasn't this excited for a kickstarter project since a very long time, and I love how adventure games have their Renaissance thanks to crowdsourcing.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by jorian View Post
    This is something I awaited since ages, but the game got postponed due to that stupid MMO. A sequel to the adventure games The Longest Journey and Dreamfall!

    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...y?ref=category


    I wasn't this excited for a kickstarter project since a very long time, and I love how adventure games have their Renaissance thanks to crowdsourcing.
    Such a fun and inventive game, hope they don't mess up on the 3rd installment.

  9. #129
    Be sure to check out the upcoming horror adventure title, Asylum.

    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...art-the-horror

    It's promising to be one of the scariest games ever. They're close to the goal but need your help!

    There are videos, images, and even a playable demo. Also it should be noted the developers are making their in-house engine for the game, Dagon, open source for anyone to use.

    If you're a fan of Lovecraftian horror, adventures, or just plain good storytelling, give them you consideration!

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacklin View Post
    Be sure to check out the upcoming horror adventure title, Asylum.

    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...art-the-horror

    It's promising to be one of the scariest games ever. They're close to the goal but need your help!

    There are videos, images, and even a playable demo. Also it should be noted the developers are making their in-house engine for the game, Dagon, open source for anyone to use.

    If you're a fan of Lovecraftian horror, adventures, or just plain good storytelling, give them you consideration!
    Correction... they have open-sourced their adventure game engine, already! They just put it upon github last week, and people are already checking it out. Asylum is also already Linux & Mac, as well as Windows, so it would be good for Mac & Linux gamers to go show their support there. Their up to $93K/$100K with a week to go, so it's a good time to jump on board

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggers View Post
    Correction... they have open-sourced their adventure game engine, already! They just put it upon github last week, and people are already checking it out. Asylum is also already Linux & Mac, as well as Windows, so it would be good for Mac & Linux gamers to go show their support there. Their up to $93K/$100K with a week to go, so it's a good time to jump on board
    And now funded! Four days left to stretch it out and help them make what's going to be a great adventure horror.

  12. #132
    Superbacker anevilyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Greenville, SC USA
    Posts
    22
    For those who are interested and/or were fans of Planescape: Torment back in the day, this just went live this morning: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...es-of-numenera
    . Have to say, this has me pretty excited.

  13. #133
    Updated my journal.

  14. #134
    Backer Midnitte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by anevilyak View Post
    For those who are interested and/or were fans of Planescape: Torment back in the day, this just went live this morning: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...es-of-numenera
    . Have to say, this has me pretty excited.
    Backed this, cant wait. I love the way he remarks on publishers in his videos. hehe.

  15. #135
    This is some remarkable skyrocketing performance Torment is pulling off. $1.6M in about 20 hours. Kudos to Mr. Fargo and friends. With all the gem's from KS it seems there's a promising future ahead.

  16. #136
    Backer Midnitte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    28
    To back away from gamecentric kickstarters, anyone interested in a thermometer for their phone? =p

  17. #137
    If someone is interested in a spiritual successor to Battle Isle style games (TBS), here you go:
    Battle Worlds: Kronos

  18. #138
    Backer Puddingpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    12
    I'm pretty psyched for Planet Explorers, a sci-fi sandbox game with settlement building, custom weapon and vehicle creation, negotiating diplomacy with sentient aliens, and fending off weird xeno-creatures.

    There's an open alpha. You can also vote for it on Steam Greenlight.

  19. #139
    Superbacker trisenk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    54
    Double Fine's second Kickstarter project, MASSIVE CHALICE, and not an adventure game:

    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...assive-chalice

    If turn-based tactics and feudal fantasy had a lovechild, and that offspring founded a mighty century-spanning dynasty, it would be MASSIVE CHALICE.

    We're inspired by classic tactical strategy games like X-COM, Final Fantasy Tactics, and Fire Emblem, as well as Game of Thrones’ array of noble families. With these influences in mind we’re creating an epic, replayable turn-based tactics game where you train generations of heroes to repel a demonic invasion.
    Shut up and take my money

  20. #140
    Senior Member Rensei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Wrocław
    Posts
    237
    We're inspired by classic tactical strategy games like X-COM, Final Fantasy Tactics, and Fire Emblem, as well as Game of Thrones’ array of noble families. With these influences in mind we’re creating an epic, replayable turn-based tactics game where you train generations of heroes to repel a demonic invasion.
    Oh shiiiiiii Stoic needs to hurry :/
    Last edited by Rensei; 06-01-2013 at 12:48 PM.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •