Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Promising Kickstarters

Auro, another turn based RPG with some interesting mechanics, game is only $7 and $15 to get it on every available platform.

Two new projects have popped up, both extremely promising; Quest for Infamy and Jack Houston and the Necronauts.

Both are point-and-click 2D adventure games, both have a twist (more than one, actually!). So, here's the pitch...

Quest for Infamy

Remember playing and enjoying Sierra's Quest for Glory series? Or, if not, are you a fan of point-and-click adventure games, but felt a bit restricted and wished they would include a touch of an RPG twist? This game delivers that in spades, as a loving tribute to the QFG series, along with three character-class based "braided" storylines (that is, the puzzles branch based on class, but probably merge based on the overarching plot). There is a light combat system, and all of the classic adventure gaming elements. In addition to the RPG twist, and this is my favorite part, they've turned the QFG morality play on it's head, and turned the player character into a villain! Yeah, you play the badass on a quest for power and money, something I've always wanted to do in QFG

Jack Houston and the Necronauts

This "fantastic adventures/amazing stories" homage to the style of Edgar Rice Burroughs' Venus series is a pulp sci-fi inspired adventure game where you portray Captain Jack Houston Jack’s journey on our neighboring planet of Venus. But this isn’t the lifeless planet we know today, this Venus is a sweltering vine jungle teaming with strange beasts of horn, tooth and claws, as imagined by science fiction authors and artists in the first half of the century (the legacies of whom include John Carter of Mars, Carson of Venus, Buck Rogers, Flash Gordon, etc). The backgrounds & animated sprites are going to be based on real stop-motion animation footage. This technique is pretty expensive, though, and so the project needs at least $56K, which I'm a bit worried about him raising. However, he's put together a hell of a pitch video, which is definitely worth a peek, and the reward tiers look fantastic.

FTL does look awesome! Beta is looking ace too!!

Starlight Inception I'm gutted that I didnt back but I didnt think that the art work or anything that they posted before it met its target was of a good quality and in my opinion that was reflected within the amount that it took, I think with the right art work and material they could have gotten alot more.

Stelly

Ground Branch is looking pretty awesome, I hope it can reach it's goal

Jack Houston and the Necronauts seemed interesting, might be backing it. Thanks for the info.

Dead State, a Zombie RPG is close to be finished (kickstarter ends in 12 hours). Looks very promising to be and is about leading a group (group management, group interaction, no tactical shooter) of people after a breakout and surviving with them (if possible).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/70755535/dead-state-the-zombie-survival-rpg?ref=category"

Ouya is looking pretty awesome, a game console based on android where every game is required to have a free portion of the game available - they have raised over 1.746 million in under a day and may well even reach 2 million before 24 is over.

Already backed Ouya

I'm also an ouya backer and I have to say I would love to see The Banner Saga on the system when it releases. Stoic, I hope you are listening!!

Overclocked Remix are fundraising for a four-disc Final Fantasy VI tribute album.

There's a lot of interest in video game music expressed in these forums, and OC Remix have long been very generous with a huge catalogue of free remixes of popular game music.

Quote Originally Posted by lamaz View Post
    Jack Houston and the Necronauts seemed interesting, might be backing it. Thanks for the info.
    Hey, you're welcome! The project dude said he's going to post a concept art update pretty soon (tomorrow morning U.S. time I think he said... which would be today since it's technically Thursday in most of the U.S. now).

I'm also backing Ouya... would love to see the Banner Saga on it. Anyone else here interested in actually developing for it? I'm pretty excited... I, and a couple of friends, were going to put together a game project (we've a few pretty neat ideas) and were considering development in the mobile space because that's really the only place you can break in anymore (XBL Indie Games, PSN, even Steam can be difficult to publish without already being published). But... now I'm considering shifting to Android as the primary platform (and porting for touch and console controller) and iOS as a secondary platform.

Any other prospective Ouya developers here?

I might play around with Ouya SDK, but I have no real interest spending my free time developing anything big. I'm more interested in the device as a multimedia box/hacking experiment anyway, that's why I'm not as concerned about the things people have raised about the project, plus there's still a lot of time to decide if the project is actually viable

I made a whole thread for it since I had a lot to say and it takes off from what I said in the Tabletop Gaming thread, but I'll repost it here: Shadows of Esteren. Stunning and beautiful and well-worth the click and read,

Hey, the Jack Houston and the Necronauts project finally got some nice press!!

'Jack Houston and the Necronauts' offers a hopeful sci-fi future envisioned by the 1950s

Unfortunately, in the comments of the article, people are disappointed that there is not a demo... but the whole point is that Warbird Games (the tiny Texas studio responsible for the project) can't afford to produce the maquettes, sets, and do the pre-production (much less full-production) video footage required to stop-motion animate a demo. They need the Kickstarter funds to even begin (though there is some really short pre-alpha test footage in the pitch video, if you look closely). Anyway, the project is at $43K of $56K and pledges have kind of ground to a halt. It's frustrating, really...

Castle Story is a new RTS/Minecraft Kickstarter project that reached its funding goal of 80,000$ in just 5 hours. The game has a brilliant idea, the tech looks promising, and there is already a playable prototype. Check it out

i backed castle story, had an eye on it since RPS first did a piece on them
    "...And upon that banner you write down your deeds so that you cannot forget."

Remember Master of Magic ? Here's a project that claims to be it's spiritual successor :https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...res-of-sorcery.
    MoM is a favorite of mine, one of the best games ever created.

If you were anything like me as a child, you spent countless hours on the Flash game, Motherload. Well, now there's Super Motherload! Basically, it's Motherload designed as a full desktop game, with more upgrades, more plot, more art, more polish, etc. as well as a new multiplayer mode. I highly recommend just watching the video to give you an idea of what it'll be like.

Even if you didn't play Motherload, you might've played some of XGen Studios' other work, such as Stick RPG, Defend Your Castle, and Stick Arena.

Bump! Planetary Annihilation an RTS billing itself as a spiritual successor to Total Annihilation, I can't stop watching the part of the trailer where the asteroid is used to destroy the planet...

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast