Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Promising Kickstarters

It's scheduled for Sept 2014 tho.

I could suppose you like art and maybe adventures.
    A Vampyre Story Year One kickstarter from ex-Lucas artist Bill Tiller
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...story-year-one

(can't I delete my own accidental double post?)
    Last edited by Puddingpie; 07-17-2013 at 05:18 AM. Reason: Double posted by accident

Liege, a tactical RPG in the classic JRPG high medieval tradition.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/codagames/liege

Even though it's not Viking-like at all, it promises a lot of what attracts me to the Banner Saga: compelling mature story and psychological depth within a stunning medieval fantasy backdrop, military command of people with diverse motives and shifting perspectives, challenging tactical combat, and lush hand-drawn art. It's really shaping up to feel like Game of Thrones meets Final Fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Puddingpie View Post
    Liege, a tactical RPG in the classic JRPG high medieval tradition.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/codagames/liege

Even though it's not Viking-like at all, it promises a lot of what attracts me to the Banner Saga: compelling mature story and psychological depth within a stunning medieval fantasy backdrop, military command of people with diverse motives and shifting perspectives, challenging tactical combat, and lush hand-drawn art. It's really shaping up to feel like Game of Thrones meets Final Fantasy.
    I like it, but will look into it more closely later. Thanks Puddingpie!

Quote Originally Posted by trisenk View Post
    Double Fine's second Kickstarter project, MASSIVE CHALICE, and not an adventure game:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...assive-chalice
    Do you think they'll do multiplayer for this game, they said its focused on singleplayer but they said they'll try it if they go much over their goal (which I think they have).

Quote Originally Posted by rodereve View Post
    Do you think they'll do multiplayer for this game, they said its focused on singleplayer but they said they'll try it if they go much over their goal (which I think they have).
    AFAIK multiplayer is not planned, definitely not in the first release funded with Kickstarter money.

Check out this KS with 22 days to go... StarCraft Universe! (more developed "World of StarCraft" mod)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...craft-universe

If you ever heard about the "World of StarCraft" mod some dude made with the StarCraft II editor you will already be somewhat familiar with this. Basically, some dude took the SCII editor and created a small scoped WoW clone in the SC universe, but single player. Now he's using kickstarter to raise funds to adapt the mod into the original large scoped vision of the game. Pretty cool stuff.

Also, there is a Blizzard hosted mini series of sorts called "StarCraft II Arcade Highlights" that just had some coverage on the existing mod that you can go and play right now. If you are not familiar with StarCraft II Arcade, basically it is a place for any old guy to host their creations they have made with the StarCraft editor (basically it's a Blizzard sponsored area where anyone who has built a game can get some visibility to the SCII public and play it). You can check the video of that coverage out below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AiXB...ature=youtu.be

I'm not huge into MMOs, but I'd be lying if I said I haven't played everything they produced post Sega Genesis years. It's not 100% up my alley but it's neat none the less.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Slimsy Platypus; 08-18-2013 at 09:41 PM.

Well, I'm really Looking forward to this URL: https://youtu.be/KNXh3CU4sX4
    You can also download a Demo for it too.

Another interesting one: Citizens of Earth

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...g?ref=category

It's a classic RPG that reminds me of Suikoden due to its apparent huge allotment of characters you can put on your team. It already has a working demo available, and has a pretty unique look. It definitely looks indie, but has deterred from the standard indie pixelated look (which is beginning to feel overdone in modern indie and mobile releases). The look is unique, and being a RPG junkie growing up (and loving loving loving Suikoden I and II), the prospects of Citizens of Earth are pretty appealing.

Here's a great boardgame that's just started; The 8th Day.

Help Save Humanity! It's a great semi-cooperative miniature combat game. The premise is that in the near future, aliens have invaded Earth for conquest and The military of Earth is fighting back in the cities.

It's fast-paced, turn-based combat, with a modular tileset for replay value and number of preset missions. One player runs the aliens and the others run the soldiers. You can run the same soldier over multiple missions, gaining rank and abilities, which in turn increases the difficulty of the missions. I've actually playetested it myself and I'd describe it as sort of Space Hulk meets Battle of Los Angeles. Easy to learn, quick action and a ton of fun! Check it out!
    Last edited by Javaman; 10-05-2013 at 09:48 PM.

Considering the art style, a lot of Banner Saga groupies may like this Kickstarter, although the gameplay is completely different. Nevertheless it looks absolutely awesome.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...saster-surviva

RK/Magnus on Twitch
    @thewritemagnus on Twitter

Although not kickstarted yet... The Darkest Dungeon. In its FAQ section it mentions about starting a KS later on.

Darkest Dungeon is a hard-core RPG about the stresses of dungeon crawling. You will lead a band of four heroes on a perilous side-scrolling descent, dealing with a prodigious number of threats to their bodily health, and worse, a relentless assault on their mental fortitude! Five hundred feet below the earth you will not only fight unimaginable foes, but famine, disease, and the stress of the ever-encroaching dark. Darkest Dungeon focuses on the humanity and psychological vulnerability of the heroes and asks: What emotional toll does a life of adventure take?

Darkest Dungeon is not a game where every hero wins the day with shiny armor and a smile. It is a game about hard trade-offs, nearly certain demise, and heroic acts. Prepare to experience an RPG like nothing you have played before.
    I find the idea of keeping track of your characters' mental health interesting, especially in such highly demanding environments like dungeons filled with dead unfriendly... things

Yes I saw this on RPS, it certainly looks promising. I am all into the comic-book looking stuff now (thanks Stoic!). Playing The Wolf Among Us currently, which I can also recommend!
    RK/Magnus on Twitch
    @thewritemagnus on Twitter

Here's something for oldschool RPG lovers : Deathfire

If you don't know who Guido Henkel is, just check the Realms of Arkania trilogy (available at GOG.com).
    And Planescape : Torment. The person posing as the nameless one on the box cover is, well, Guido.
    Last edited by Skitnik; 11-07-2013 at 06:17 AM. Reason: link

Thanks Skitnik. Looks interesting, for old-school RPGamers. Reals of Arkania were good games too and, no need to talk about Torment

EDIT: Corrected // btw -- Your link to KS behaves kinda weird, perhaps there's a ":" missing? Better loose the http// completely (or an admin can do it for you...)
    Last edited by Aleonymous; 11-07-2013 at 06:20 AM.

Thanks, Aleonymous, link corrected.

Graywalkers: Purgatory is the first in a series of Emergent Strategic and Tactical Turn-based 3D Role-Playing Game set in a stylish supernatural post-apocalyptic world, where parts of Heaven, Hell and Earth have merged together in an event called "The Rupture".

In this game, you play the prophesied leader of the Graywalkers, 36 Hidden Ones who walk the line between the darkness and the light. It is your task to gather them all, unite the the chaotic lands of Purgatory under one banner, and lead the war to reclaim the world for humanity.

It's a good game for grinders and has a wide variety of quests.

For old-school fans of Myst and Riven, Cyan is kickstarting a brand new game. It's only got a few days left, and still needs some help to get up to their funding goal.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cyaninc/obduction

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    Although not kickstarted yet... The Darkest Dungeon. In its FAQ section it mentions about starting a KS later on.

I find the idea of keeping track of your characters' mental health interesting, especially in such highly demanding environments like dungeons filled with dead unfriendly... things
    Kickstarter champaign is up for this one (thanks raven2134 for the heads up ). They already got their $75K goal with 29 days to go...
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast