Thread: Fanpage for Germany

Lightbulb Fanpage for Germany

Hey Guys!

My name is Dirk, i am from Germany and a huge fan of the game. I just completed the Banner Saga and started with factions.

I'd like to start a fanpage for the german fans of your game:

https://bannersaga.internetstratege.de/

Username: kunde
    Password: test

It's very much work in progress as you can see. But before i am putting more work into it, i wanted to get permission to use all the images and stuff from you. I've had a little talk with stoicmom in factions and she suggested that i bring up this topic in the forum. So here i am.

I'm doing this out of two reasons:

- first: i love the game!
    - second: i was furious, after i've read the article on gamasutra. I felt, that i wanted to support you guys in any way i can!

maybe you're interessted with best regards from frankfurt, germany

Dirk

Hello Dirk!

Your page looks amazing! In fact I feel a bit sorry that you havent got any response yet - and apparently literally nobody has noticed. If you are still looking for permissions, go ahead in the chat and ask them directly, or point them to this thread. Besides from that, we should discuss if localized fan pages like yours will actually fulfill their purpose.

Regards
    grumpy

Hmmm, 3.5 months old post, uncovered by grumpy. This fansite got smacked by the same ol' problem with first-posters: By the time it was approved, this post was buried under tons of other posts and nobody noticed it.

Very stylish-looking fansite, keep going! (although I can't understand much ) I don't think Stoic would mind at all. In the bottom line, you're doing them publicity for free! To get a more speedy response, you can email them at community@stoicstudio.com . But, one question: Why do you keep it username/password protected?
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

I guess it is still password-protected since it is only a mock-ip site so far. I feel like there are some real gems hidden within this website, such as the "team builder". Looks great.

Generally speaking, there have been so many cool things made by fans which mostly got unnoticed. I am thinking of Rensei's (I think) random team selection tool, the growing number of amazing fanart as well as the reconstruction of the title screen on the web (whatever it might be good for, it certainly looks amazing ). Most things get posted in the forums only and I guess that quite a large number of the people who like the game but never visit the forums simply never hear of them. A pity really - it might be worth thinking about a place where all the threats consolidate.

Argail, I try to send players in Factions to the website and identify such wonderful tools as Rensei's randomizer. Most of the players who follow through are blown away at what is available to them here. If you have any other suggestions on how i can personally handle where to send the players when they ask questions, please let me know. I still spend a considerable amount of time in game there. Thanks!

That's very nice of you, pointing people in the right direction.

I like the forum and it is a great gathering point for all the folks who love TBS. However, if we would have a fully fleshed-out fan website, we could present certain fan products in a different way. They would just be hidding behind a link in some threat but could be a major point of the website, such as the team builder in the mock-up site. I've got no idea though whether it would be worth the effort for creating such a fan page. The mock-up by mandragor certainly looks absolutely amazing.

I wonder if that website ever fell to the attention of the devs. It looks very beautiful, indeed. I daresay it's even better that Stoic/TBS official website!

I agree with Argail that the forums feel too much for a new player to jump in. Useful information (links, apps, art) is usually "buried" deep into irrelevantly-named threads etc. However, it takes some effort to set up and maintain a proper fan-site. And, I am not sure if the playerbase of the game (Saga and/or Factions) can "support" that.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.