Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Suggestion: Endless Mode with Randomly Generated Battles

Suggestion: Endless Mode with Randomly Generated Battles

After finishing The Banner Saga and a fair share of battles on Factions, I'm eagerly awaiting anything else from Stoic. It's truly a shame I didn't back it on Kickstarter when I had the chance. One idea that did come to mind while playing was how well the caravan and battle system would lend itself to a sort of endless mode. I'm not sure what the technical requirements of such a mode would be, but it certainly would increase replay value and could possibly provide an alternate system of monetization to what we currently have in Factions.

Players could start with a few either preset or customizable units and a caravan with X number of clansmen, fighters and varl. The caravan would then journey on dealing with whatever events cross their path (battles, new units, refugees, etc). These could be drawn from a pool and randomized so no two playthroughs are the same and the battles could progressively increase in difficultly. The incorporation of renown sinks and possibly leaderboards to showcase those who travel farthest, have the largest caravan, highest morale and the like could really help the profitability of Factions.

Knowing there is already talk of a single player option for Factions and not knowing what the demands of implementing a mode like this would be, what does everyone else think?

Cheers!

I think this sort of thing would be more fitting to be added to Factions. I'd definitely enjoy it. And I'd pay for it, if necessary.

I also think this would fit more in Factions, and this is where Stoic is going.
    You'll be able to have your very own caravan, with your very own warriors, and at some point you might even be able to build up your own city

city building was a response that i received from the devs months ago when i asked what to do with all the renown i've earned from battles in Factions

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    There's a lot on the drawing board and quite a backlog of stuff on the list .

This isn't the first this has been suggested (I said similar as well about a year ago). When Stoic gets back from their break in Feb, priority will be revamping Factions (stuff like AI, city building, see what else can be managed).

This idea is something Stoic has more in mind probably after the 3 parts of the saga have been completed.

Hello Manicero. Check out this thread with a similar topic -- https://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?2026
    Together we stand, divided we fall.