Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spanish translation when?

Spanish translation when?

Hello friends. Some minutes ago I've started playing TBS but I can't understand all the dialogues because my english level is not high, and I want to understand all the plot. I think I'll wait until the subtitles are translated to spanish.

I would like to ask you if you know when you are going to release the spanish subtitles.

Thanks in advance and congrats with the success

John has been working on translation toolkit recently, that will allow other people (outsourced language-native of course) to translate the texts to any language they want. The earliest languages promised to be translated into are german and russian, but I'm sure other ones are coming too
    If you don't know where to put it - put it in the pillage

Steelhammer Tribune issues collected here
    Some of my Factions games can be observed here
    Also possible streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/netnazgul

I have no clue about "when will translations come"... Perhaps some official feedback here, even a rough ETA would help.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

I hope they translate subtitles at least before starting TBS 2. The most important feature of TBS are the plot and the dialogues, and I can't enjoy this in english language.

It would be appreciated that developers could say an estimate date for translations.

Quote Originally Posted by netnazgul View Post
    John has been working on translation toolkit recently, that will allow other people (outsourced language-native of course) to translate the texts to any language they want.
    or, rewrite texts as they see fit. i wonder how far will the modding kit go. it'd be cool to be able to create and play user made campaigns.

also for the OP, in a kickstarter message sent yesterday among other things Stoic says :
    What's next for us? After a short break to recharge we'll be getting back to work. Our first goal is to port the game to platforms promised during the Kickstarter campaign and get translations done for different languages.

now what languages are those, they don't mention.

in the 4 hour twitch interview a couple of weeks ago, John mentioned three languages: German, Russian, and I am so sorry cannot remember the third . . .

www.twitch.tv/arvaneleron/b/499505947 is the interview and about 1:07 - 1:10 john types

I've been working on localization all week . . .
    ferreting out any remaining hard coded English strings

He may have said the languages aloud instead of typing, but I will keep searching
    Last edited by stoicmom; 02-13-2014 at 11:01 AM.

Thanks for the info. That's good to hear. Well. I'll wait to play TBS until spanish translation.

en su momento le hice unos subtítulos a la intro de Factions ( que es prácticamente la misma que en la campaña de un jugador de TBS ) tanto en inglés como en castellano. si te interesa verlo está aquí : https://youtu.be/9dJT8Dkj5Nw

me podría plantear hacer la traducción completa, pero necesitaría todos los archivos de texto y no sé si los desarrolladores lo tienen apalabrado con alguien ya, como están de vacas ..

Esta tarde he propuesto lo mismo en la comunidad de Steam dedicada a The Banner Saga...

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvar's Steam Message

Stoic,

I'm willing to translate your lovely game into spanish.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Yngvar.
    ...sigo esperando respuesta.

Hello again. I bought the game after its release but I'm still waiting to play it because I can't enjoy it in english language.

After 3 months of the release, could you, developers, give us a rough date of when TBS will be translated to spanish and other languages??

Thanks in advance.

According to this dev-post, we should be expecting the patch with translations to show up by mid-May (a month from now).
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Administrator Unconfirmed Account Myll_Erik's Avatar
    We're getting close folks - just takes time since we are a text heavy game.
    Trample the weak - Hurdle the dead

Any news about the translation toolkit?

Any news for us?

15.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #15
    The Localization Beta Test is active now! For Deutsch, Français, ру́сский, Português, and Polski: https://steamcommunity.com/app/237990...2667756899958/
    Spanish is running a few weeks behind and will be in a patch soon after.