Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Ridiculous voices and incredible fun!

Ridiculous voices and incredible fun!

Hey there, I come here from the land of YouTube to introduce you to my Banner Saga series!
    I run about 4 (currently 3 due to a starbound hiatus) series simultaneously uploading 2 High Quality videos daily. I put in considerable hours as my channel is something I'm incredibly passionate about. I edit these videos meticulously and make sure to remove as much as I can, leaving the best, funniest, epicest (that's not a word is it?) most engaging parts of the videos for you!
    In my Banner Saga series, due to the large amount of reading, which would of course deter most from doing a youtube series on it, but out of stupidity and a pure love for the amazing style and gameplay in banner saga, I've tried (and in most cases, failed hilariously) to put on voices for each of the characters. I have a ridiculous amount of fun doing it and I hope you have as much fun watching!

First Episode for those who are new:

THE LAST EPISODE:

I will update the above link with the latest video everytime there is a new one, and post below both to bump the thread and to let you guys know there is a new one, Thank you so much to all those who watch, it's a massive help, and an even bigger thank you to all of those who share and subscribe, I can't thank you enough!

This series has ended and I will miss it a lot. I've had such great fan feedback and a brilliant response from everyone, I can't wait to see you all again once part 2 comes around, until then, thank you! Don't forget to subscribe, share and support my channel so I can continue to work hard bringing you this content daily!
    Last edited by TheDoubleTap; 04-01-2014 at 10:25 AM.

Hey DoubleTap. Thanks for sharing. I am at work now, so I can't enjoy your voice-overs

I am not sure if anyone can embed videos in this forum; I think this is reserved for admins & mods only.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

I've decided since I can't embed the videos I may as well keep the whole series up there as links, so everytime there is a new episode I will add a new clearly labelled link to that episode. Episode 2 is up now, I hope you all enjoy, share and subscribe!

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Check your post now

ooooo prettyyyy, thank you very much!

The most recent episode, episode 3, has been put into the top post, I hope you all enjoy!

where do i find episode 2?

Quote Originally Posted by stoicmom View Post
    where do i find episode 2?
    Here is DoubleTap's video-series for TBS -- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...0x3Tmz4ndMA3xC

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    Here is DoubleTap's video-series for TBS -- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...0x3Tmz4ndMA3xC
    Thanks
    Yeah, all of my series are set up in playlists on my channel just like the one above. I like to make this as organised as possible for easy viewing, after all there is almost 600 videos on my channel.

Episode 4 is up! I hope you all enjoy

Thanks TheDoubleTap for sharing The Banner Saga from your entertaining perspective

Nonono, Thank YOU for watching my videos, and all your kind words (makes a nice change from the abuse I get from the starbound forums ahaha)

Episode 5 is up now! Please enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoubleTap View Post
    Episode 5 is up now! Please enjoy
    Thanks. Good to see you're improving your battle skills, attacking first Armor and then Strength. You should consider using Egil's and Oddleig's special abilities too. Both are conveniently "ignored" by the AI, so you cook up interesting things

Thanks for the tips! I did another recording session last night and finally figured out that Player_Str - Enemy_Arm = Dmg so that was very useful lol

Anyway, episode 6 is up up and away, please enjoy!

Painfully ridiculous voice, eh? Thanks, again!

One tip -- When you see that Egil (the Raidmaster boy) is about to die and his attack can't do anything serious (e.g. just 1ARM damage), then it's much better to Stone-Wall him (use his ability) to absorb up to 3STR or 3ARM damage. Example: if he's got 2STR/8ARM left, then the AI will believe that 2STR damage (from a 10STR enemy) is enough to kill him, whereas they'd actually need 5STR to do so! Consequently, the AI-enemies will just waste turns attacking to kill him, but he wont fall! That works best against human (who have generally low STR, i.e. 7-12 max) but your Egil must have some ARM left on him!

I see, that does make a lot of sense, complicated as it seems :P Thanks for the tips!

Episode 7, as you may have guessed, is now available!

EDIT: I apologise, it seems I missed putting 7 on here, been very busy lately, but yeah, 8 is up at the top now :P

Hey, episode 9 is now up! This is the episode I mentioned where I finally get the hang of ARM vs STR :P

So, it's about time that you're also introduced to the "maiming technique".

As you noticed, a low-STR character can only scratch a unit with high-ARM, and that with a high Deflection-chance! So, maiming, i.e. reducing enemy STR to low values (at least 2-3 points below the minimum-ARM of your units), but not killing them can make you own the field. How? The real reason in the turn-queuing used in the game, that allows smaller groups (i.e. 5-6 allies) to take more turns on average than larger groups (i.e. 9-10 enemies). Having this so-called turn-advantage with a few strong units against enemy units that are weakened ("maimed") is a 100% win strategy.

In the same vein, investing on high ARM and high-AB (Armor-Break) will always pay off because AB is an "attack" that is not dependent on your characters stats. A unit with a high AB is practically "unmaimable", cuz even if its STR is low (e.g. 5-6), it can quickly reduce enemy ARM below that value and start inflicting STR damage...

It is entertaining
    Money canít buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

Wow, sounds confusing, but I've been struggling with those bigger battles, so I'll give it a shot!
    Episode 10 is up now, also

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast