Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: So, what's everybody reading these days?

Quote Originally Posted by JackJammer View Post
    so i finished book one some days ago and i'm at chapter 2 of the second book...yeah, it's pretty amazing, especially the ending chapters of book one were breathtaking really a good suggestion to read these
    That one is in my wishtlist too, after I finish with the others I'm currently reading... So, another point for Stormlight Archives!
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #122
    Currently reading:
    https://www.amazon.com/The-Whale-Road.../dp/0312361947

Just finished this series which is highly recommended:
    https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...Asaxon%20tales

Shamelessly plugging myself, but I've got a free book promotion going for my most recent book up on Amazon from September 10th to the 14th if you want to pick it up while it doesn't cost anything. Withered Sea, Book 2 of The Protectorate series, sequel to Corsairs. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NFFP3G8
    Last edited by natej11; 09-09-2014 at 03:43 PM.

Thanks natej and great to see you here - always

Quote Originally Posted by natej11 View Post
    Shamelessly plugging myself, but I've got a free book promotion going for my most recent book up on Amazon from September 10th to the 14th if you want to pick it up while it doesn't cost anything. Withered Sea, Book 2 of The Protectorate series, sequel to Corsairs. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NFFP3G8
    Hehe Is it Kindle-only?

Thanks for the words of encouragement stoicmom .

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    Hehe Is it Kindle-only?
    For the moment. Amazon has a pretty good program for print books through CreateSpace that's fairly friendly for authors, and they integrate it well with the Kindle version in the store, but right now I'm sticking to epub format. If my books take off I might brave CreateSpace and figure out all the formatting and other changes I'd need to make, but the funny thing is that with print copies buyers pay much more and authors make much less in royalties. It's a steep tradeoff to have a physical copy of the book.

Although I will admit it's hard to beat reading from a book you're holding in your hands. For all its perks digital format just can't match that.
    Last edited by natej11; 09-09-2014 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by natej11 View Post
    For the moment. Amazon has a pretty good program for print books through CreateSpace that's fairly friendly for authors, and they integrate it well with the Kindle version in the store, but right now I'm sticking to epub format. If my books take off I might brave CreateSpace and figure out all the formatting and other changes I'd need to make, but the funny thing is that with print copies buyers pay much more and authors make much less in royalties. It's a steep tradeoff to have a physical copy of the book.

Although I will admit it's hard to beat reading from a book you're holding in your hands. For all its perks digital format just can't match that.
    Yes, perfectly understandable... And, to joke a bit, here's a funny little video in case you missed it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhcPX1wVp38 (it's about a new gadget called BOOK )

Haha that's awesome.

I discovered BOOK when I was just a small child and it changed my life! I highly recommend it to all my friends.

The city and the city by China Miéville.

Spaniards...

Bernard Cornwell's Sharpe series.

I'm still reading LoTR <3

12.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #132
    I just finished the Mists of Avalon, great read! Very engaging and atmospheric and puts the Arthurian legend in a very human perspective while at the same time highlighting the supernatural and divine.

I still love Lord of the rings <3

I don't think a good Steven King book would ever get boring. Gotta love The Shining man.

Well if you're going into fantasy, I guess my favorite would be most of the stuff by Stephen King, especially The Shining. At the moment though, I'm reading The Dark Tower.

Quote Originally Posted by studmanic View Post
    I don't think a good Steven King book would ever get boring. Gotta love The Shining man.
    Quote Originally Posted by studmanic View Post
    Well if you're going into fantasy, I guess my favorite would be most of the stuff by Stephen King, especially The Shining. At the moment though, I'm reading The Dark Tower.
    Either too obsessed with The Shining, or some bot that tripped on its own feet

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7