Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: So, what's everybody reading these days?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile So, what's everybody reading these days?

What caught my eye about the Banner Saga was as much the unique premise and emphasis on the RPG aspect as the animation; I love to read and I'm a huge fan of the fantasy genre. I expect a lot of other backers are of the same mind: so I thought I'd pick your brains for good books and series!

Lately I've been reading mostly Urban fantasy and Sci-fi;I got into Kevin Hearne's Iron Druid series and Larry Correia's Grim Noir last year and I heartily reccomend both! The Iron Druid's a "straight" urban fantasy, with mages and vampires and whatnot set in contemporary Tempe, and I can attest to the veracity of the setting. The main character's bookstore is actually placed the storefront of my local comic shop!

Grim Noir's more Steampunky, set just after the first world war, in a universe with open superpowers, and changes to the history due to such. Very pulpy, if you're into that style.

As for science Fiction, I just recenly finished Leviathan Wakes by James S. Corey, a space opera set within our solar system, after we've expanded to utilize it but before any expolsion out into the larger universe. Somewhat similar to C.J Cherryh's Alliance-Union Universe; it's good Stuff.

Anyway, I could go on an on about what I've been reading, but the point of this thread is to have everybody share what they've been getting into so that we (read: me) will have good suggestions for new books ad series to pick up.
    Last edited by Javaman; 05-01-2012 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Trying to get smiley out of thread title. Bah, forget it.