Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: update!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

update!

Any word on the big update for factions? im excited for something new!

Deceptive title. Nevertheless I too am interested in an update.

According to the "What we've been up to post", pressure from Kickstarter backers, the lack of revenue coming from factions, and technical/staff considerations will delay any update to Factions for years until the main chapters of Single player are in place.

It's a pity, but seeing how small the team of stoic is, I think it's a wiser decission to conenctrate about the single player, even though an update would be nice. Although i enjoy playing fractions, I think there are more players (including myself) who want the story to continue

Yes. Sadly, no new content-updates are to be expected for Factions, anytime in the near future I believe Stoic should at least stir the waters a bit, by doing some small balance tweaks (e.g. stat-nerfs/buffs, or modify an existing ability), nothing too serious...
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Yes, it's good and bad news. But I do think if they fixed the multiple crashing issue, that they would have retained much more population from the Chapter 1 boom. After saga1 release, there were hundreds of people playing again, at times I saw 500-700 people. so there is interest, but that bug and server crashes probably dissuaded many of them from continuing to play. I personally had to uninstall after crashing 4 times in a row, Factions just became unplayable for me after awhile, but it was a great game while I played it (400+ hours played!)

I am just looking forward to sinking my teeth into Chapter 2 & 3 now

I just want to put it out there that people exist who play factions but not the single player campaign. I bought the Factions add-on packs and the single player campaign to support development, but I'm only interested in the multiplayer. It disappoints me that there have been no updates.

Quote Originally Posted by mouthbreether View Post
    I just want to put it out there that people exist who play factions but not the single player campaign. I bought the Factions add-on packs and the single player campaign to support development, but I'm only interested in the multiplayer. It disappoints me that there have been no updates.
    agreed, bought the eternal renown boost and SP, but was always primarily a multiplayer player. waiting for an update for Factions after Saga 2 and saga 3, is like waiting at the city on the lake...no one knows what will happen in the future :P maybe they'll hire someone to maintain Factions while they develop Saga2&3, maybe they will move onto a new project afterwards, maybe they'll consider Saga 4 & 5 instead of Factions. a lot of other possibilities in the world of Banner Saga

We try stop tears in the eyes, believing Factions soon will rise!
    Today, tomorrow, in few years the man don't show his quiet tears.
    No matter that not many us, we know that their will be balance.
    So all we can and gonna do, just live and wait, it's only true.)
    Last edited by Zogg; 04-28-2014 at 05:28 AM.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #10
    Hey everybody. We haven't forgotten Factions! We love it and enjoy it and want to see it grow. The problem is, Stoic is only 3 people! We are reaching out to developers to see if we can hire some help updating Factions and taking it where we want it to go. It's a long, slow process because we have to be really sure that we find the right people that share our vision for the game and have the skills to work on it. So I apologize for the long delays, but please don't think that we have forgotten it!

11.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #11
    Well, you know who to email (*wink wink*) if you need people to play-test their work