View Poll Results: I like the change of the BBs ability...

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes...

3 33.33%
  • No...

6 66.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Suggestion Change Backbiters Ability

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    TH, RM and BM are the units that I usually keep to rank-1 when I bring them in p12 builds. That is unless I have a non-standard plan in mind! For RM and BM, I rarely use more than rank-1 ability, and the +stats don't make a big difference, in my opinion. As for the TH, he's the only unit on which you can max-out ARM & STR at rank-1, without sacrificing functionality! All Varl units, I try to have them at rank-3. Not really for the high-rank abilities, but for the +stats.

I was curious, back in the 12STR BB days, what stats did people typically use on the BB? Now, rank-1 BB is like 10ARM/10STR/4WP/2EX/3AB... So to get to 12STR, I'd lower AB and EX to 2 and 1, respectively. He doesn't seem all that bad!
    In this days i was a noob, but i Stat him so: 10ARM 12 STR 4WP 2 EXT 1 AB. But ist true, to less AB. But at R2 its good with 2AB. I miss the STR 12 BB.^^

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    I was curious, back in the 12STR BB days, what stats did people typically use on the BB? Now, rank-1 BB is like 10ARM/10STR/4WP/2EX/3AB... So to get to 12STR, I'd lower AB and EX to 2 and 1, respectively. He doesn't seem all that bad!
    Back in the day, I believe I ran them with 11ARM/12STR/4WP/1EX/1AB or maybe sometimes with 10 ARM and 2 EX. That said, I currently run mine as 12ARM/10STR/4WP/2EX/1AB, so I'm probably not representative of the whole in how I build BBs.

I played BB before the Str nerf, it was needed and I firmly oppose any measure that would raise BB Str again. Tirean is right, they are still great at current state.

BBs with 12 str is broken, he essentially hits with 14 str you RT which is pretty insane. I like the BBs as they are now, they are my "jacks of all trades" unit. Threats to archer, Great armor breakers, and can be devastating when left unchecked on later turns and BBs are also the most mobile unit in game (a trait which is often underrated).
    Prior to class restrictions and BB nerf, 4 BBs and 2 Varl builds are pretty common, It has the potential to one shot archers or or left with 1/2 health which effectively removes them as a threat. Even at Rank 1 12str BB is OP, all he needs to do is make the first strike, he can easily deal 4-6 effective damage in one RT. IIRC my r1 Bbs are stated with 12Str/10Arm/4WP/2Ex/1Br i prefer extra mobility over 1 armor.
    If I were to rank all raiders Id put BB closely behind RMs, TH as last and a bit farther from the two. RMs are solid and they are great at what they do, BBs because of versatility and mobility, And lastly TH, never got the hang of THs maybe because of the RNG and supbar armor break. I find him too WP dependent. Maybe I just unable to use him correctly.
    Last edited by Tatski; 03-08-2014 at 01:55 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2