Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Unlock Tryggvi

Quote Originally Posted by Ludin's front teeth View Post
    even if entering that code gets a response of
    Code:
    No such subcommand for saga: set
    ?
    That's strange... It works fine for me I am on a Win7 PC, with the Steam version of the game; you? Did you try any of the other methods? I think #3 is the best, if you're up to it...
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Thanks, Aleonymous!

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #23
    This response means you are not in developer mode, which is enabled with the command line option:

-developer

Sometimes Mac OSX on Steam has issues processing the command lines. There is an alternate way to specify them with ini files:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.n3zo1fj9qa8v

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    That's strange... It works fine for me I am on a Win7 PC, with the Steam version of the game; you? Did you try any of the other methods? I think #3 is the best, if you're up to it...

Aleo, the download link is outdated, says page not found :/

Would you mind re-uploading it? Thanks in advance.
    "Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow View Post
    Aleo, the download link is outdated, says page not found :/

Would you mind re-uploading it? Thanks in advance.
    I updated the file (and URL), tested it with latest patch/build (v2.6.45) and found it works well at my system. I am 90% sure that there's not any more (irrelevant) edits in that JSON.Z file, but please try it and please provide feedback. Thanks!

I updated the file (and URL), tested it with latest patch/build (v2.6.45) and found it works well at my system. I am 90% sure that there's not any more (irrelevant) edits in that JSON.Z file, but please try it and please provide feedback. Thanks!
    Tested it today with the GoG version, and it works. Cheers

Btw, regarding my previous comment: did you do anything with the link or was it a connection problem on my side the first time?
    "Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow View Post
    Tested it today with the GoG version, and it works. Cheers

Btw, regarding my previous comment: did you do anything with the link or was it a connection problem on my side the first time?
    Alright, thanks for double-checking. The file was probably removed (or renamed?) from my side, so I re-uploaded it on dropbox-public and provided a fresh link; it was not your problem but mine

I've tried method 3 but Windows 8 wants me to have an app to open the saga1.json.z file and I've already tried a few but they don't work :/

Quote Originally Posted by DisappointedLemon View Post
    I've tried method 3 but Windows 8 wants me to have an app to open the saga1.json.z file and I've already tried a few but they don't work :/
    Hello there, Lemon. Don't get disappointed The link to the tool/app/program to open the JSON.Z files be found in this post https://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthr...ll=1#post28431 (I had linked to that in Method#3, from what I see). This is the direct link to that AIR app: https://github.com/jwatson000/tbsdec...Decompiler.air

Hi all,
    I may post something very late - nothing posted here for more than a year - but I encounter problems when I try to unlock Tryggvi.
    I use the GOG version and I have got a mac. I tried every method and the only which worked approximately is the third. Tryggvi does appear with the downloaded file, but the caravan is not figured any more - a bit confusing to see a banner exploring the nordic world with nobody to hold it...and - need I to precise ? - very bad for immersion...
    The file "resume.save.json" doesn't exist in the mentioned folder of the first method. And for the 2nd, if the console appears into the game when I execute the keys combination, "set" is said to be an uncorrect path. I tried to find any .ini file but there is no one.

Thanks for any tip, and happy holidays for all of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Camarade_Princeps View Post
    Hi all,
    I may post something very late - nothing posted here for more than a year - but I encounter problems when I try to unlock Tryggvi.
    I use the GOG version and I have got a mac. I tried every method and the only which worked approximately is the third. Tryggvi does appear with the downloaded file, but the caravan is not figured any more - a bit confusing to see a banner exploring the nordic world with nobody to hold it...and - need I to precise ? - very bad for immersion...
    The file "resume.save.json" doesn't exist in the mentioned folder of the first method. And for the 2nd, if the console appears into the game when I execute the keys combination, "set" is said to be an uncorrect path. I tried to find any .ini file but there is no one.

Thanks for any tip, and happy holidays for all of you!
    Hello and happy new year! (your post showed up today)

I only have the Steam version of the game on Windows, so I can't check what's going on with GoG+Mac... I can only provide some tips that might help you solve the problem yourself:

Method#1 -- That folder-pathname was for the release STEAM version. You gotta find where GoG stores the saves from your games and edit them. My guess is that it is somewhere in the user-documents, wherever they might be in a Mac!

Method#2 -- Maybe the console works differently on Mac/GoG? In Win/Steam version of the game, the .ini file can be found in something like E:\myGames\Steam\steamapps\common\tbs\win32

Method#3 -- Hmm, yes. Apparently something "broke" the caravan when you edited the saga1 file... Maybe you forgot the comma I mentioned?

Small update: I added an attention/note in the original post, saying that only Method#3 now works to unlock Tryggvi, checked on the latest TBS1 Steam Build (v2.18.08).

Do you know of any way of unlocking Tryggvi on the Android version?

Quote Originally Posted by Searz View Post
    Do you know of any way of unlocking Tryggvi on the Android version?
    I don't own a TBS1 copy for an Android device, so I can't help with that I suppose the process would be similar to PC: If you could find a way to access the file-system where the game-files are stored, and edit them, similarly to method#3...? We can assume that the console and the save-editing methods would be defunct on Android as they are on PC/Steam.

I suppose the process would be similar to PC: If you could find a way to access the file-system where the game-files are stored, and edit them, similarly to method#3...? We can assume that the console and the save-editing methods would be defunct on Android as they are on PC/Steam.
    Yeah, I made the changes, but can't quite seem to get it to boot.
    The game files are contained in an .obb package on Android. This is just a simple uncompressed renamed .zip archive. Just name it back to .zip and you can unpack the game files. Then I followed method #3, pretty sure I did it correctly, but after repacking (7zip .zip format, uncompressed) and renaming to .obb the game refuses to boot. It even goes nuclear and just deletes the entire game package (like 90% of the game ~1.8GB is in the .obb package), then pops up a screen saying "Please wait while The Banner Saga downloads all required game data. Progress: 0% ETA: ??:?? minutes" and nothing happens.
    Any ideas? Could we possibly bug the devs for a response?

So, if I'm getting this right, this obb contains all the game files, without needing to download them, live? How does one acquire such a file on Android? Is it legit? Have you confirmed that your process-flow *excluding the edit* works as intended? I mean, just: rename the obb, un-zip, re-zip (with 7z) and install. If that works fine, then it's surely the edit that screws it over. In which case... Maybe there's some checksum somewhere in the installer that is blown? Because Method #3 actually includes extra characters/entries in those JSON files...

You could send an email to John and see if he can provide some help. However, I am curious if Tryggvi actually is in the game files on Android... Am saying this cuz he was a pre-order exclusive for Steam only (and KS backers).

So, if I'm getting this right, this obb contains all the game files, without needing to download them, live? How does one acquire such a file on Android? Is it legit?
    Of course it's legit. All android apps above a certain size (50MB, excluding cache, I think) have to use an OBB archive to contain the remaining files. Hearthstone uses one, for example, as does pretty much any large game.
    These OBB files are downloaded automatically when downloading the apps from the app store. They contain everything except for up to 50MB(or so) of the game files.
    Have you confirmed that your process-flow *excluding the edit* works as intended? I mean, just: rename the obb, un-zip, re-zip (with 7z) and install.
    Good idea.
    Just tried it. Didn't work. Damn.. I really hope that I don't have to use some roundabout method of archiving through the Android SDK. Back to googling I guess :/
    I am curious if Tryggvi actually is in the game files on Android.
    He seems to be. I found a couple of files and strings relating to him (including the one listed in method #3 ofc).

OK, so properly re-packing the OBB is your #1 goal. I think it will be an easy ride from there! Keep us posted

As for Tryggvi in Android, I am mostly worried if they removed the related artwork (sprite, portraits) as it could amount to 5-10MB all-in-all. That's because I recall that Stoic were struggling to cut-down on game-size any way they could, on mobile.

Wink

Hi there!

I'd let you know that method 1 work indeed, you just need to turn off Steam Cloud for banner saga and edit the file in proper location

• Windows: %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\TheBannerSaga\Local Store\save\saga1\0

Where "0" is the number of the saved profile ("0" is the first, "1" the second and so on...)

Method 2 is also fully functional, it's just the way to access developer mode that changed (and it's not so intuitive)!

Here the how-to:

1) Run the game (no need to specify "--developer" in the game launch settings)
    2) In the main menu, open the console with CTRL SHIFT ~ and type "developer". You'll get the "developer=true".
    3) Load your save.
    4) Open the console and THIS TIME you'll get the full power one, with all the commands. At this point you just need to type "saga set tryggviunlocked 1" and hit return, as usual.
    My mods: YaK's SSLTBS1 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga/mods/1 ) and Drake's & YaK's BS2 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga2/mods/2 )

I think, therefore I am... I think.

Wow, thanks a lot for the help YaK! I will edit the original post to include this information, with proper reference, of course In any case, Method#3 is the most robust one, so it's not bad if it sticks out as the "main" one.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast