Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Unlock Tryggvi

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    Wow, thanks a lot for the help YaK! I will edit the original post to include this information, with proper reference, of course In any case, Method#3 is the most robust one, so it's not bad if it sticks out as the "main" one.
    Indeed!

It was just to let people know how to use the console commands in dev mode again, since it's useful for plenty of things.

And save-scumming, of course
    My mods: YaK's SSLTBS1 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga/mods/1 ) and Drake's & YaK's BS2 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga2/mods/2 )

I think, therefore I am... I think.

In order to set developer mode, simply put "developer" in the launch settings section of properties accessed by right-clicking on the TBS link in steam. No dashes necessary.

Correct! They must have changed the way launch options are handled...
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Yes, it works!

Of course, unlocking develper mode form the inside of the game, it's still an option.
    My mods: YaK's SSLTBS1 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga/mods/1 ) and Drake's & YaK's BS2 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga2/mods/2 )

The starting dialog for Tryggvi on TBS2 seems to not work as intended if one imported a save with him unlocked via the methods used on this thread. The resent patch was supposed to fix that, but apparently it did not, at least not on the GoG.com version.
    Last edited by Yellow; 05-03-2016 at 03:42 AM.
    "Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow View Post
    The starting dialog for Tryggvi seems to not work as intended if one imported a save with him unlocked via the methods used on this thread. The resent patch was supposed to fix that, but apparently it did not, at least not on the GoG.com version.
    You sure the GOG version is patched? It was shipped same day with Steam versions patch#1, so chances are it is one version behind. I will try to check this on Steam and get back to you.

You sure the GOG version is patched? It was shipped same day with Steam versions patch#1, so chances are it is one version behind. I will try to check this on Steam and get back to you.
    I am not 100% sure, but my Galaxy client updated something related to TBS2 recently, like 60mbs +/- i think. I tried the game before and after that little update, but both times got the same conversation.

I am not 100% sure, but my Galaxy client updated something related to TBS2 recently, like 60mbs +/- i think. I tried the game before and after that little update, but both times got the same conversation.
    You need to import the savegame again, i don't think it will affect older ones.

However, load your save in BS2 (before talking Tryggvi), open the console and type:

Code:
    saga vars global tryggvi
    If the game is patched and all is working porperly, you sould get two results:

Code:
    tryggvi_import 1
    tryggvi_state 1
    If not, you could easily fix that setting tryggvi_import to 1, and all shall be well.

Quote Originally Posted by YaK View Post
    You need to import the savegame again, i don't think it will affect older ones.

However, load your save in BS2 (before talking Tryggvi), open the console and type:

Code:
    saga vars global tryggvi
    If the game is patched and all is working porperly, you sould get two results:

Code:
    tryggvi_import 1
    tryggvi_state 1
    If not, you could easily fix that setting tryggvi_import to 1, and all shall be well.
    How do i "open the console"?

Also i want to point out that i did imported the save(started a new game) after said "update" and still got the same conversation.

How do i "open the console"?
    To open console, hold CTRL + SHIFT + ~ (three keys).

It is working now, i did nothing regarding console commands or such, it just seemed like the GoG version was not updated yet, a new patch was released there today apparently and it fixed that.

Slight Windows 10 issue

I'm trying to use the 3rd method on Windows 10 with a GOG version of Banner Saga.

The Decompiler.air app doesn't open for me and Windows keeps telling me I need to use another App to view the "file." The two that come up in the App store are: File View and Edit - Platinum Edition CS2 and Hashy. Both cost money and I'm not really sure if I even had them that it would solve the problem. I noticed another poster - DisappointedLemon - had a similar problem on Win 8, but I clicked on the links on Aleonymous reply (Whew! tough one to spell there) but still Win 10 demanded that I use another app to open the current "file."

I downloaded the modded file made by Aleonymous but then a bug seems to occur where all I see is the banner while my caravan is on the move. No people, carts, or Yox (sp?) are visible as my caraven traverses the landscape. I've uninsalled and reinstalled the game, and have redownloaded the file to see if that would fix the bug, no dice. I noticed Camarade_Princeps had a similar problem for their Mac, but since I can't access the file since the Decompiler.air app won't open, I have no idea if the downloaded file has the comma. It could be that I'm using a GOG version of the game with a Steam moddified file, but again no idea.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, Kenji321.

I think you first need to install Adobe AIR ( https://get.adobe.com/air/ ) and then download and install the TBS_Decompiler app. I'm using the app on Win10 without problems. I don't think another commercial software will be able to open the JSON.Z files used in TBS, as I think they employ some sort of custom compression scheme.

The modded file I made is probably outdated, but I can see there being issues with Steam-vs-GOG version.

Hi, Kenji321.

I think you first need to install Adobe AIR ( https://get.adobe.com/air/ ) and then download and install the TBS_Decompiler app.

The modded file I made is probably outdated, but I can see there being issues with Steam-vs-GOG version.
    So yeah, all I needed to do was download Adobe Air, and the Decompiler App worked like a charm. I tried it out on a new playthrough/profile and there he was in Skogr. Thanks for the thread and the timely response Aleonymous. It is much appreciated.

I used method #3 and the file you modified and linked in this thread.

It works fine, but now I can't see the caravan's picture anymore. Any idea why is this happening?

Quote Originally Posted by FreyaMaluk View Post
    I used method #3 and the file you modified and linked in this thread.

It works fine, but now I can't see the caravan's picture anymore. Any idea why is this happening?
    That file should be causing the problem. If you used method #3, you don't actually need the file. Speaking of which, I am gonna remove the link...

Syntax Error #1132

That file should be causing the problem. If you used method #3, you don't actually need the file. Speaking of which, I am gonna remove the link...
    Hello there, i just bought the game on steam and tryed to use Method #3, but when i Write the following in TBS decompiler:

"name": "tryggviunlocked"
    "start": 1

I keep getting the error Messages:

"Syntax Error #1132"

I tried change the number 1 to "true" or "1," or even "true,". Any ideas how to fix this (i don't have experience in codes)??

Quote Originally Posted by Natrezim View Post
    Hello there, i just bought the game on steam and tryed to use Method #3, but when i Write the following in TBS decompiler:

"name": "tryggviunlocked"

I keep getting the error Messages:

"Syntax Error #1132"

I tried change the number 1 to "true" or "1," or even "true,". Any ideas how to fix this (i don't have experience in codes)??
    I am 99% sure that the problem is a missing comma (,) after the tryggviunlocked, like this:
    Code:
    "name": "tryggviunlocked",

Aleo, is this still compatible with the latest patches for TBS1? Also could the thread be made "sticky" ?

Yes, the method works perfectly with th elatest patches.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast