Thread: Random Events | Saga Part 1

Random Events | Saga Part 1

Hello all

I filled in the wiki page with the random events, here: https://bannersaga.gamepedia.com/Events.

It seems that there are 20 such random events, all of them related to Rook's caravan (Chapter 2, 4 and 6), that trigger at some specific locations of the story. Of course, you cannot come upon the same event twice and the events do not always trigger at the same locations. Some of them play out in multiple parts, while others require special conditions to trigger. After 3+ playthroughs, I think I've encountered most of these events, but I hadn't played out all the possible options

Aleo

PS -- I searched through the game-files to collect all this information. Fishing it out by actually playing the game would have taken ages
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

That's awesome, thanks man. Is there any such wiki for scripted events/choices?

Good job. Is there any Information if certain events will be carried over to the second part? Especially wondering because of Aukfrosta. Had the impression, she could Play a bigger role later on.

I don't see any problem with certain ones of the these events transferring onto the second part. Aukfrosta, the "quirky old man" or the wounded Varl make good ingredients for "sequels" Let's wait and see if any devs post their thoughts in this thread.

What bothered me a little with random events (and many scripted/fixed ones) is that, in their majority, there exists a clearly "better" overall answer/choice to make... Also, quite often, this best choice is not really obvious. Perhaps its me not paying too much attention on the clues given on the side? I believe that all the choices should carry positive and negative consequences which are, moreover, conveyed to the player as clearly as possible at the time of the decision. In this way, the player can choose depending on his overall "leadership" style. Exceptions could of course apply, but even in those case, I'd like some interaction from your heroes/companions; for instance, you could consult with Iver about a Varl-related problem or with Oddleif about a woman-related problem.

What I mean to say is that (1) many times the choosing seems like a "guess-fest with huge consequences"*** and (2) there's no point in trying alternate solutions on following play-throughs, once you've found the "best" answer...

*** Borrowing a friend's blunt wording

Quote Originally Posted by bob the builder View Post
    That's awesome, thanks man. Is there any such wiki for scripted events/choices?
    Sorry for the late response. Your post(s) just got authorized, it seems.

About the scripted events/choices:
    (1) There's some threads in this forum that might help. However, the information is probably too dispersed and hard to amass...
    (2) Small bits of info, particularly related to hero joining/dying, can be found in the wiki
    (3) I am sure there's numerous walkthroughs and guides around the net, e.g. this or that

Hopefully, in the near future, we can collect all that info in the wiki too...