Thread: The Backbiter ability should break through the stone wall of the Raid Master

The Backbiter ability should break through the stone wall of the Raid Master

Since the Backbiter runs through his opponents would it be logical if the Backbiter breaks through the stone wall of the Raid Masters. I have no idea how the game balance would be influenced by it, but the game needs in my opinion more counter units.

You are obsessed with buffing the Backbiter man!

Why would he break through the Stonewall? That ability is set to absorb/resist up to 3 points of damage (at rank-1). The Run-through break is 2 points, so it is logically absorbed/resisted.

I'd prioritize nerfing the Thrasher before I considered buffing the Backbiter. The RM is pretty well balanced, imo...
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    You are obsessed with buffing the Backbiter man!

Why would he break through the Stonewall? That ability is set to absorb/resist up to 3 points of damage (at rank-1). The Run-through break is 2 points, so it is logically absorbed/resisted.

I'd prioritize nerfing the Thrasher before I considered buffing the Backbiter. The RM is pretty well balanced, imo...
    Yeah the Backbiter is my favorite from the Raiders like the Provoker and Warleader from the Varls. BB is not well balanced atm... so i search ideas how to puch them a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by EinarNordwin View Post
    the Backbiter is my favorite from the Raiders like the Provoker and Warleader from the Varls
    You seem to have an affection for all the non-standard units of each base-class! I can safely assume that your favorite archer is not the Bowmaster

PK & WL both need buffs imo. For the PK, I'd give Malice extra range (i.e. 2/3/4 tiles instead of 1/2/3) and/or extra Break from RtF, only for the Maliced unit (hit-or-miss). About the WL, I am not so sure how we could tweak his active... Longer range (especially at rank-1) is the easiest way. I'd also give him 13ARM max along with 1AB min & 3WP min like all other Varl.

You seem to have an affection for all the non-standard units of each base-class! I can safely assume that your favorite archer is not the Bowmaster

PK & WL both need buffs imo. For the PK, I'd give Malice extra range (i.e. 2/3/4 tiles instead of 1/2/3) and/or extra Break from RtF, only for the Maliced unit (hit-or-miss). About the WL, I am not so sure how we could tweak his active... Longer range (especially at rank-1) is the easiest way. I'd also give him 13ARM max along with 1AB min & 3WP min like all other Varl.

True the Airstride. Sometimes i can SEE the BIG ??? over the Heads from my Opponents.^^
    A good boost for the warleader would be 15 arm max so you can use him as "high" Armor Turn rate changer or high armor, Armor breaker. But give a Varl less then 25 Heal (Armor+HP) was for me to often a epic fail.

I love your Idea with the Provoker 2/3/4 would make them better to use and harder to evade.

A good Idea boost the WL was that he not CHANGE the Turn order. He should GIVE his Turn instantly to the choosen Viking. Like an Order YOU lazy Man/Woman move NOW.^^ The WL Is a drill Sergeant.^^
    Last edited by EinarNordwin; 05-20-2014 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EinarNordwin View Post
    A good Idea boost the WL was that he not CHANGE the Turn order. He should GIVE his Turn instantly to the choosen Viking.
    That might be a little too much, especially if it was long-range. Also, I think that this is hard to implement in the current combat-system, i.e. it would require substantial changes to core-code (actions that take place during the acting-unit's turn).

That might be a little too much, especially if it was long-range. Also, I think that this is hard to implement in the current combat-system, i.e. it would require substantial changes to core-code (actions that take place during the acting-unit's turn).
    Maybe, the WL would be OP so yes.^^
    I forgot you can break the max 3 Raiders/Archers rule with such a skill. So maybe a bad idea.
    Last edited by EinarNordwin; 05-21-2014 at 02:04 PM.

Mh...maybe i'm not skilled enough, but in my oppinion the backbiter is fine as he is. maye a little bit underastimated, but dear lord...how often did they terrorized my poor long ranged units?
    It certainly would be. that would give you...some kind of half an extra turn, since you can manage to put the WL in a right place and attack with long rage unit at the same time. i think aleonymous is right, that would be too much.

Quote Originally Posted by JackJammer View Post
    that would give you...some kind of half an extra turn, since you can manage to put the WL in a right place and attack with long rage unit at the same time. i think aleonymous is right, that would be too much.
    (About tweaking WL ability)

Perhaps imposing some limitations to such a "instant FA" could make it more balanced. For example:
    • The Forged-Ahead ally can not use his/her active ability (since the WL used an active ability, FA, in that turn)
    • Use of Exertion (for movement and/or extra-damage) is restricted, for the FA'd ally.
    • If the WL move before doing the FA, then the FA'd ally can not move.
    • So, practically, that ally can only attack or break. But, well, that is all you need if you use it on a big-Warrior that is in-range of enemies... Still ImBa

Instant FA is a bit OP IMO, It instantly fixes any turn disadvantage you have. I think the best buff the WL can get is to improve his minimum wp to 3 and add 1 extra max armor or str. As for PK +1 range on his Provoke will defenitely improve him a lot getting into a good position and use provoke at the same time it might be too convinient though. I'm fine the way PK is, but a good buff without affecting him too much is to make his retalliate trigger vs missed attacks (I think all SBs will benefit from this).

On topic,
    I think the BB is the most balanced Raider IMO, good mobility, good break, decent hp striker (on certain situations). BB are fine the way they are and is perfect for their role, they're not supposed to be the Ultimate raider like they used to be. Run through is one of the best skill out there. RMs for me are the strongest, always consistent and they can cause serious problems vs certain builds. TH's is a bit of a wildcard, I also hate the fact that TH's has only 2 break they are too wp intensive for my play style, and I dont like relying on RNG crucial moments.
    Last edited by Tatski; 05-31-2014 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatski View Post
    Instant FA is a bit OP IMO, It instantly fixes any turn disadvantage you have. I think the best buff the WL can get is to improve his minimum wp to 3 and add 1 extra max armor or str.

On topic,
    I think the BB is the most balanced Raider IMO [...] RMs for me are the strongest [...] TH's is a bit of a wildcard
    Exactly my suggestions (about stat-tweaking the WL)! Keeping the 28HP-max for Warriors, and the global 3WP-min for all units, its only reasonable that:
    • Warmaster: 11ARM / 17STR
    • Warhawk: 12ARM / 16STR
    • Warleader: 13ARM / 15STR

Also, as I've said before: There's no point in maintaining an equal sum of max-stats, across the units of the same class; only an equal sum of min/base-stats. That is a prologue to say that min/max Break (and Willpower, and Exertion) on Warriors also need tweaking. And, starting with the WL, it's ridiculous to allow him a 0AB when he's carrying that huge Hammer!

Now, back on topic, there's a lot of people who share your opinion about the Raider-trio: That it's RM & TH that should be nerfed, and not the BB buffed I surely agree about nerfing TH, while RM is probably my second priority...
    Last edited by Aleonymous; 05-31-2014 at 04:14 AM.