Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 86

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The Banner Saga Localization Beta Test

  1. #41
    Skald Aleonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,444
    Just finished my French-localized play-through. As great as ever

    I want to bring up only a minor balancing-issue: The set of three vs-Dredge battles at the start of Chapter 4 (if you choose to stay outside Frostvellr) are quite difficult, especially the last/third one where: (1) Iver can't help, (2) you might have some heroes injured. I played on Normal, and while I beat the first two battles (hard ones, but I made them with no KOs) I actually lost the third one using [Gil, Rook, Alette, Odd]; I didn't take H&M and had no Tryggvi. My four heroes were at rank-3, nicely statted, but it didn't help against the swarm of Slingers and the pair of Grunts/Stoneguards that also spawn in that fight. You might wanna pitch down that difficulty. Calabilla, the item you find by winning all three fights, should be more accessible!

    John -- Is the Zeno tool bundled with this beta-localization build functional? I think I provide the correct paths, but it doesn't seem able to "load" the game's content, in order for its other modules to process the data. Also, could you elaborate a bit on what the "Manifests" are, where can they be found, how can they be created etc? I guess it's something like builds (or components of builds), so that if we create a mod it will be "wrapped/packaged" in one of those manifests (to share with other users)?
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

  2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #42
    Technical Director John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    413
    The Zeno tool in the build is missing a few key pieces of data to make it usable. I am currently working on the 'Decompiler' aspect of it to make it functional for everyone.

    JW

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    Just finished my French-localized play-through. As great as ever

    I want to bring up only a minor balancing-issue: The set of three vs-Dredge battles at the start of Chapter 4 (if you choose to stay outside Frostvellr) are quite difficult, especially the last/third one where: (1) Iver can't help, (2) you might have some heroes injured. I played on Normal, and while I beat the first two battles (hard ones, but I made them with no KOs) I actually lost the third one using [Gil, Rook, Alette, Odd]; I didn't take H&M and had no Tryggvi. My four heroes were at rank-3, nicely statted, but it didn't help against the swarm of Slingers and the pair of Grunts/Stoneguards that also spawn in that fight. You might wanna pitch down that difficulty. Calabilla, the item you find by winning all three fights, should be more accessible!

    John -- Is the Zeno tool bundled with this beta-localization build functional? I think I provide the correct paths, but it doesn't seem able to "load" the game's content, in order for its other modules to process the data. Also, could you elaborate a bit on what the "Manifests" are, where can they be found, how can they be created etc? I guess it's something like builds (or components of builds), so that if we create a mod it will be "wrapped/packaged" in one of those manifests (to share with other users)?

  3. #43
    Superbacker gripho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    62
    One example of mistranslation at the beginning of chapter 4.

    In English, Onef says "If the dredge found live bodies he thought they'd live the city alone", which has been translated in French by "Si le dredge trouve des survivants, il pensera que la ville n'a pas été touchée" (that doesn't make sense...). The translator wrongly assumed that "he" was referring to a single dredge, instead of Ekkill...

    A proper translation should have been (talking about Ekkill) "Il pensait que si les dredge trouvaient des survivants ils laisseraient la ville tranquille".

  4. #44
    Superbacker gripho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by gripho View Post
    One example of mistranslation at the beginning of chapter 4.

    In English, Onef says "If the dredge found live bodies he thought they'd live the city alone", which has been translated in French by "Si le dredge trouve des survivants, il pensera que la ville n'a pas été touchée" (that doesn't make sense...). The translator wrongly assumed that "he" was referring to a single dredge, instead of Ekkill...

    A proper translation should have been (talking about Ekkill) "Il pensait que si les dredge trouvaient des survivants ils laisseraient la ville tranquille".
    Following setence "That's the worst thing" should either have also been translated litterally "C'est... la pire chose..." instead of "C'est... le pire...", or else "C'est... horrible..." (that's... terrible...)

  5. #45
    Well. Enough said. Pretty sure this is a glitch XD.

    I'm using a late 2013 Mac Book Pro.

    NOTE: For some reason the image is showing up as a question mark, right click on it and open it in a new tab to view it.

  6. #46
    I found another bug, involving Rook's caravan. His caravan at the beginning (Just after leaving Skogr) is full of Varl! This makes no sense as he has not yet had any Varl join him (except Iver of course), this "bug" wasn't present before updating to the beta.

  7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #47
    Technical Director John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    413
    Odd, this was supposed to be fixed over a week ago. I will investigate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fazolt View Post
    I found another bug, involving Rook's caravan. His caravan at the beginning (Just after leaving Skogr) is full of Varl! This makes no sense as he has not yet had any Varl join him (except Iver of course), this "bug" wasn't present before updating to the beta.

  8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #48
    Technical Director John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    413
    Build 2.6.23

    NOTE: UPDATED LINGUISTIC REVISIONS/EDITS TO Español, Français, Deutsch, Polski, and Português. Русский revisions are coming soon.
    NOTE: Fix overlapping/cutoff title text in Heroes/Assemble Heroes screens
    NOTE: Fix corrupted text in french VO subtitles
    NOTE: Localize 'Skipping Turn' and Bellowers 'Stunned - Skipping Turn' flytext
    NOTE: Heraldry: Fix label layout for long text on KS thanks and search fields
    NOTE: convert both intro videos to 720p 24fps FLV
    NOTE: Fix german battle tooltip layout
    NOTE: prevent AIs from mistakenly attempting to use willpower on actions/attacks that they already spent on movement
    NOTE: Fix Heroes injury tooltip incorrect wrapping
    NOTE: Fix Heroes details Items label getting cut off
    NOTE: Fix handling of cutoff long names in the battle initiative active unit name flag
    NOTE: localize flytext for CRIT/DODGE/RESIST/DEFLECT/PROTECTED into English
    NOTE: localize skip video confirmation dialog
    NOTE: add Google Analytics for bellower fight start/arrow/victory/defeat
    NOTE: add Google Analytics for language selection
    NOTE: Make sure Video subtitles pause along with the video during tutorial intros
    NOTE: Zeno now has modding capabilities
    NOTE: Bug-eyed characters in conversations are fixed.
    Last edited by John; 06-11-2014 at 02:29 PM.

  9. #49
    Skald Aleonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,444
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Build 2.6.23

    1. NOTE: UPDATED LINGUISTIC REVISIONS/EDITS TO Español, Français, Deutsch, Polski, and Português. Русский revisions are coming soon.
    2. NOTE: add Google Analytics for bellower fight start/arrow/victory/defeat
    3. NOTE: Zeno now has modding capabilities
    1. I am curious to see the range/depth that revisions have undergone.
    2. What's that? Some way to tell how many people have reached those stages of the game? Can we (players) access that, or is it just for you guys?
    3. Yay!
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

  10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #50
    Technical Director John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    413
    #2 is just for us to make sure the final battle is balanced correctly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    1. I am curious to see the range/depth that revisions have undergone.
    2. What's that? Some way to tell how many people have reached those stages of the game? Can we (players) access that, or is it just for you guys?
    3. Yay!

  11. #51
    Junior Member Stobinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10
    Hi John, just had a first glance at the new update and noticed two issues:
    1. The flytext in German was showing the string ID. Is that to be expected as long as there are no translations present, or should the English be displayed in that case?
    2. I am now unable to change the language in-game. When selecting a language from the menu the UI does reflect the change but upon leaving the menu the language remains the same.

  12.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #52
    Technical Director John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    413
    The flytext is a known issue and should be fixed tomorrow.

    I will fix the language changing issue ASAP!


    Quote Originally Posted by Stobinator View Post
    Hi John, just had a first glance at the new update and noticed two issues:
    1. The flytext in German was showing the string ID. Is that to be expected as long as there are no translations present, or should the English be displayed in that case?
    2. I am now unable to change the language in-game. When selecting a language from the menu the UI does reflect the change but upon leaving the menu the language remains the same.

  13.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #53
    Technical Director John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    413
    Updated to 2.6.25

    NOTE: Fix bug-eyes on Alette, Hooded Alette, and Egil
    NOTE: Fix issue with language not changing properly from menu
    NOTE: Fix issue with Portuguese language not activating

  14. #54
    Skald Aleonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,444
    Some quick notes on French translation:

    1. French translation for knockback items is still wrong. It translates to "Strength attacks knock-back X tiles" instead of "Strength damage of X knocks-back". The knock-back distance is fixed to (up to) 4 tiles, and its the STR damage that changes.
    2. French translation for Sundering Impact is wrong. It translates to "Fragmented Impact"... Maybe "Impact Destructive" would sound better?
    3. French translation for items with a "per kill" bonus sounds weird. I'd go for "+X Volonte par meurtre" instead of "+X Volonte de tuer".
    4. I noted very few linguistic changes in the French version, for terms & other GUI elements that we proposed. Actually, only Fatigue->Efforts (for Exertion) fell to my attention so far...

    Some other generic notes:

    a. Eyvind still has bug-eyes
    b. Slag and Burn description (in Heroes menu) is wrong. It doesn't mention the 2ARM damage on tile-AoE (splash-damage) and it says +0Break on target-unit for all ranks which is wrong (its +0/1/2 Break). Description is wrong on English too
    c. Portraits in Heroes menu load much more slowly; it sometimes takes up to a whole second for them to load.
    d. There is no "Mod Content" DLC to download/install, so are we to skip that step in setting up Zeno? (I haven't tried it yet, so disregard this, for now)
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

  15.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #55
    Technical Director John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    413
    Updated to 2.6.30:

    NOTE: Updated Russian translation with edits
    NOTE: add placeholder text for flytext translations
    NOTE: TBS-996 Village elder in Vedrfell has bug-eyes
    NOTE: TBS-996 [Localization] - Deflect flytext in Vedrfell tutorial appears as {flytext_deflect} in all languages
    NOTE: TBS-987 Difficulty description box may appear empty when first visiting the difficulty menu
    NOTE: TBS-990 [Localization][FR] varl is not capitalized in the UI element
    NOTE: TBS-995 Character images in the Heroes page are loading slowly, with memory spikes. All party portraits are now cached. non-party roster members still have to load from disk when you access them.
    NOTE: Fix eyvind bug-eyes
    NOTE: TBS-998 [Console Error] Snake and Juno sprites are missing at the beginning of Chapter 5 cutscene.

  16. #56
    Skald Aleonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,444
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Updated to 2.6.30:

    NOTE: TBS-996 Village elder in Vedrfell has bug-eyes
    NOTE: TBS-996 [Localization] - Deflect flytext in Vedrfell tutorial appears as {flytext_deflect} in all languages
    NOTE: TBS-987 Difficulty description box may appear empty when first visiting the difficulty menu
    NOTE: TBS-990 [Localization][FR] varl is not capitalized in the UI element
    NOTE: TBS-995 Character images in the Heroes page are loading slowly, with memory spikes. All party portraits are now cached. non-party roster members still have to load from disk when you access them.
    NOTE: TBS-998 [Console Error] Snake and Juno sprites are missing at the beginning of Chapter 5 cutscene.
    So, I take it that all those NOTE: TBS-9xx entries stand for known issues, to do corrected in due time.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

  17. #57
    Junior Member Stobinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10
    These entries probably just stem from their bug tracking database and were used to annotate the submitted changes in the version control system. I guess, they should all be fixed in the current version.

  18. #58
    Skald Aleonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,444
    Quote Originally Posted by Stobinator View Post
    These entries probably just stem from their bug tracking database and were used to annotate the submitted changes in the version control system. I guess, they should all be fixed in the current version.
    You are probably right about the bug-tracking numbers. One thousand bugs is not so little! I wonder where/when/what-build# did the bug-number serial-counter start... But, the problems reported in entries TBS-990 (non-capitalized varl in [FR]) & TBS-995 (portraits loading slowly) are still "wrong" for build 2.6.30. So, I believe they are changes to come...

    EDIT -- OK, sorry. My steam-client didn't do both back-to-back updates (from 2.6.25 & 2.6.30), meaning that TBS-990 & TBS-995 are corrected in 2.6.30.
    Last edited by Aleonymous; 06-13-2014 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Sorry!
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

  19. #59
    For some reason the difficulty seems to reset whenever I close and open the application now (I play on hard, so this is especially noticeable).

  20. #60
    Junior Member Teomus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    4
    Dear John,

    there is one sentence yet what not translatable yet, and it hasn't been translated
    in the other languages either.
    "The Last One Standing"
    (Or is it not possible at all?)

    Best regards,
    Teomus

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •