Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 86

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The Banner Saga Localization Beta Test

  1. #61
    A few more bugs to report, the Varl in Rook's caravan are still present before any Varl have joined, (I noticed a recent patch when I opened my game, so I updated to see if this would fix the issue), and he ha a rather large amount of fighters in his caravan considering how many clansmen he has (the ratio of fighters to clansmen is far greater than before beta), lastly upon arriving in Frostvellr with Rook's caravan the "marching" music doesn't stop, and it overlaps with the soundtrack that starts at the arrival. Lastly, I have noticed several rank 3-5 items showing up in shops early in the game, this has never happened to me before in my previous play throughs, (I've counted 3 rank 5 items already) these items have been showing up in Chapter 2 quite frequently. Of particular notation is the Valka thread, it has shown up in almost every single town since Skogr, as well as the Statue of a Faceless Man.

  2. #62
    Skald Aleonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,444
    Quote Originally Posted by Fazolt View Post
    I have noticed several rank 3-5 items showing up in shops early in the game, this has never happened to me before in my previous play throughs, (I've counted 3 rank 5 items already) these items have been showing up in Chapter 2 quite frequently. Of particular notation is the Valka thread, it has shown up in almost every single town since Skogr, as well as the Statue of a Faceless Man.
    I think that this is completely random, i.e. "it might just happen", meaning that it's not technically a bug... I've always had rank-4/5 items appearing in Skogr market, which was always frustrating! I think the markets should have items (a) that can be afforded by the caravan's current Renown and (b) whose rank is equal to --or, up to one point higher than-- the caravan's max-ranked hero. For example, if the caravan has 21Renown and the maximum hero-rank is 3, then the market should only have up to rank-4 items. Buying an item for later use is something not really encouraged, is it?
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    I think that this is completely random, i.e. "it might just happen", meaning that it's not technically a bug... I've always had rank-4/5 items appearing in Skogr market, which was always frustrating! I think the markets should have items (a) that can be afforded by the caravan's current Renown and (b) whose rank is equal to --or, up to one point higher than-- the caravan's max-ranked hero. For example, if the caravan has 21Renown and the maximum hero-rank is 3, then the market should only have up to rank-4 items. Buying an item for later use is something not really encouraged, is it?
    Yeah, it's just never happened to me before, so I wanted to make sure it wasn't a bug, I wanted to make the devs "aware" just in case it was.

  4. #64
    I've seen the same untidy shop problem since the release.

    I thought it wasn't a bug but a nonsense.


  5. #65
    Good to know! I just was lucky enough not to encounter this issue before in my previous play-throughs I suppose.

  6. #66
    I don't know if it's just me, but lately my to-hit ratio has been 100% regardless of armor or strength, after the most recent patch. Enemies with 1 health have been hitting Mogr whilst he still has 16 armor. Also, arrow traps from the sky striker have been lasting the whole match after the sky strikers death, the same with Yrsa's coals.
    Last edited by Fazolt; 06-15-2014 at 01:06 PM.

  7. #67
    Skald Aleonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,444
    Quote Originally Posted by Fazolt View Post
    I don't know if it's just me, but lately my to-hit ratio has been 100% regardless of armor or strength, after the most recent patch. Enemies with 1 health have been hitting Mogr whilst he still has 16 armor. Also, arrow traps from the sky striker have been lasting the whole match after the sky strikers death, the same with Yrsa's coals.
    I noticed this "never-deflect/100%-hit" issue in the first build of the beta-localization (even mentioned it here, somewhere), but it was fixed in the following builds. I am not sure about the latest build =/

    Burning coals remaining after Yrsa's knock out is a known issue (perhaps intentional), from the release build. I am not sure about Oddleif's Rain-of-Arrows, as it was very rare for her to die on me, with a trap still up in the sky
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

  8. #68
    Junior Member Stobinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10
    I've noticed the "never deflect" bug in the latest loc build as well. Additionally I've won the second battle stages of quite a few wars and have not received a single item. Not sure if this could be an issue as well.

  9. #69
    Skald Aleonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,444
    Quote Originally Posted by Stobinator View Post
    Additionally I've won the second battle stages of quite a few wars and have not received a single item. Not sure if this could be an issue as well.
    On this track, I remember once getting an item for fighting/winning only the first stage of a war-battle, i.e. not taking up the second wave. Not sure which beta-build it was, though...

    [Suggestion] It would be nice if enemy-units could as well "wear" those items during the battles (receiving their benefits), so that you know what you'll get if you beat them. Also, markets are very scarce in Chapter 3, so it would be nice if the chance-to-find-items (as war loot) was increased, for that Chapter.
    Last edited by Aleonymous; 06-16-2014 at 05:50 AM.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    I noticed this "never-deflect/100%-hit" issue in the first build of the beta-localization (even mentioned it here, somewhere), but it was fixed in the following builds. I am not sure about the latest build =/

    Burning coals remaining after Yrsa's knock out is a known issue (perhaps intentional), from the release build. I am not sure about Oddleif's Rain-of-Arrows, as it was very rare for her to die on me, with a trap still up in the sky
    I don't know if it's a bug or not, it's just not present in TBS: Factions, so I assumed it was.

  11.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #71
    Technical Director John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    413
    Are you sure that difficulty is not saving in your save files? The difficulty is on a per-save file basis... Once you load the save file you should see the same difficulty at which you had previously played. It is expected that before you load a game, at the start screen, your Difficulty will be Normal after a restart of the game client application.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fazolt View Post
    For some reason the difficulty seems to reset whenever I close and open the application now (I play on hard, so this is especially noticeable).

  12. #72
    Pretty sure, but I think it was just endemic to my computer, some of my Steam files became corrupted and I had to reinstall everything, now the issue doesn't seem to be present after testing this morning after a new installation.

  13.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #73
    Technical Director John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    413
    Build 2.6.34

    NOTE: TBS-993 Chance to hit percentages are not being shown in battle
    NOTE: TBS-979 [Localization][RU] Profile text in the save profile menu is not present.
    NOTE: Updated flytext wording in all non-English languages
    NOTE: Updated Video skip confirmation dialog in all non-English languages

    Remember, you might need to restart Steam to see the new build.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    I noticed this "never-deflect/100%-hit" issue in the first build of the beta-localization (even mentioned it here, somewhere), but it was fixed in the following builds.
    Not in the spanish build.

  15. #75
    Ok, normally when Yrsa or Oddleif plant a "trap" it lasts for one round, when they die though, it lasts for the entire game. I'm pretty sure this is a glitch. I'm now seeing clansmen in Hakon's caravan, when there are no clansmen in his caravan. And lastly, I'm not sure if this is a glitch, but when a shield master deflects a melee blow, they don't use their return the favor passive ability.

  16. #76
    Skald Aleonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,444
    Quote Originally Posted by Fazolt View Post
    1. When Yrsa or Oddleif plant a "trap" it lasts for one round, when they die though, it lasts for the entire game. I'm pretty sure this is a glitch.
    2. I'm now seeing clansmen in Hakon's caravan, when there are no clansmen in his caravan.
    3. I'm not sure if this is a glitch, but when a shield master deflects a melee blow, they don't use their return the favor passive ability.
    1. Hmm. It might be a glitch, but not an overly annoying, or game-breaking, one. Yrsa's coals could be left after her death, as a reminder... But, Odd's trap seems wrong to "stay up in the sky" even after her death, though...
    2. That sounds weird, indeed. Hakon's caravan does have fighters (human ones), but certainly not clansmen. Do you also "see them" in the caravan, e.g. when in close-up caravan view (e.g. when entering villages, or approaching godstones)?
    3. This is normal. RtF is triggered only when the SM receives damage. So, if an attack was deflected, the attacker shouldn't receive armor-damage.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

  17. #77
    The following notes were taken through my first attempt to play the Spanish translation included in the beta localization...

    • In their wake translated as En un principio (In the beginning) instead of En su duelo/velo (Mourn or vigil), much more accurate to the context: The Gods are dead.
    • Brigands translated as Brigadas (Brigades) instead of Forajidos (Outlaws).
    • Governor translated as Gobernador instead of Jarl (Chieftain, Earl, Nobleman in Old Norse).
    • Steward translated as Criado (Servant) instead of Alguacil (Sheriff) or even Mayordomo (Butler).
    • Tiles translated as Fichas (Tokens) instead of Casillas.
    • Fill translated as Rellenan instead of Ocupan (Occupy).
    • Varls translated as Varles instead of keeping the original form.
    • Solo (Alone) insted of Sólo (Only) again and again.
    • Producirás (Manufacture context) instead Causarás (you'll inflict, of course).
    • Renown translated as Reputación (Reputation) instead of Renombre.
    • Proving Grounds translate as Campo de la verdad (field of the truth) instead of Campo de prácticas or Campo de armas (field where the medieval tournaments took place).
    • Some answers doesn't match with the questions due to grammar agreement problems.

      Example #1.
      Eirik interrogates the old skald at the market.
      Eirik: Hoy no estoy de humor.
      Merchant: ¿De qué?
      Eirik: Para hablar contigo.

      Example #2. This one is particulary terrible in each and every sense.
      Ubin meets Vognir and Hakon at the docks.
      Ubin: Si está Vognir debe estar Hakon.
      Hakon: ¿Debe haber?




    ...I'm sure I've missed some others mistakes through that first moments. Probably, I've forgotten a few more. After a while I've just stopped to write down every single thing because of the unbelievable amount of them. And everything is getting worse and worse after that.

    Anyway, right now I'm facing the Hogun & Mogun situation but I'll go back to Strand ready to take more notes.

    Do you want to hear some last funny thing?

    Well, surprise, surprise, in my campaign Oddleifs's husband and Skorg's chieftain is still alive because of, you know, the translation.

  18. #78
    More things that bump in the night during my insomniac journey from Strand to Einartoft.





    Problem with names and labels.



    The war text dialogue doesn't show the number of enemies and allies properly.


    I forgot to take some screenshot but the randomsetofcharactersatthebeginningandendofasubtit lestring issue has been becoming a constant through the Frostvellr's event.
    Last edited by Yngvar; 06-23-2014 at 12:10 PM.

  19.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #79
    Technical Director John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    413
    @Yngvar

    Would the correct translation for the war screen be:

    Cuentas rápidamente con la cabeza. Tiene que haber al menos 999 de ellos. Tienes a 888 de guerreros y 777 Varl a tu lado.

  20. #80
    Backer balnoisi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    @Yngvar

    Would the correct translation for the war screen be:

    Cuentas rápidamente con la cabeza. Tiene que haber al menos 999 de ellos. Tienes a 888 de guerreros y 777 Varl a tu lado.
    Not Yngwar but still :

    The use of de in "Tiene que haber al menos 999 de ellos" is correct.
    But in "Tienes a 888 de guerreros" it is not. It should say "Tienes 888 guerreros y 777 Varl a tu lado".
    Last edited by balnoisi; 06-24-2014 at 12:08 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •