Thread: Can you stop Onef from killing your party members? Please Patch this Stoic.

Can you stop Onef from killing your party members? Please Patch this Stoic.

So I just ran out on this very disgusting surprise... Onef killing one or two of my party members in his mutiny just because you recruited him at a very early stage in the game.

I dont care if this is spoiler or not, no one should go onto the same crap that I ran into.

What repulses me is that you are getting extremely punished from a decision that happens very early in game. When you where naive and had no idea that after hours of the game this decisions - strategic pains against a fatalistic AI - would screw your game run for good.

Now a lot of people have works and studies so play time its a luxury, and this happening it's just a poop cake at the face.

It would had made sense and would had been more interesting if Ekill could stop the mutiny from Onef - by killing him and saving you - if you had allowed him to join you as a party member instead of a prisioner. As a matter of fact, PLEASE stoic PLEASE, add that option in a patch or something.

Because being over 30 hours in the game and having this happening it's just not funny nor fun nor interesting. It's like playing pokemon and loosing your strongest and most favorite party members almost at the pokemon league, all because you accepted a magic karp in the very first town. Without any foreshadowing and stuff.

And you cant do anythign about it, nothing... I know the creative director went on tackling a whole entire game but forcing this kind of punishment without any foreshadowing or say to stop it, it's just unforgivable.

So please patch it, or tell me if I can modify the save files on mac.
    It's nothing hard, you dont have to put any animations and barely any effort into it. Please have mercy, be cool guys.

You cannot keep Onef from betraying you UNLESS when he offers to help you take Ekkil's supplies you tell Iver to "shut him up". Lastly, there is a rather amusing bit of foreshadowing for this given by the pre-order/kickstarter character Tryggvi, who can also be modded into the game thanks to Stoic's openness (and Ale's tutorial) (instructions about how to mod him in available here: https://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthr...Unlock-Tryggvi). Tryggvi muses that men who stare at you through helmets should not be trusted (Onef stares at you through a helmet, Ekkil looks at you from under his helmet), now this is of course no reasonable means of foreshadowing, but rather an amusing thing. Now though I do believe the mutiny scene could've been done "better" I was quite happy with the event, though it lead to the death of one of my characters, I personally am somewhat divided as to rewriting it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Horus View Post
    So I just ran out on this very disgusting surprise... Onef killing one or two of my party members in his mutiny just because you recruited him at a very early stage in the game.
    [...]
    Please have mercy, be cool guys.
    Haha! Welcome to the forums, Little Horus That was the typical reaction of most of us, when first encountering Onef's mutiny. I was "lucky" to have lost Egil way before that event, so nobody really died in that unsavory event. My biggest regret is that Onef doesn't take part in the ensuing battle (he's busy trying to get his way on Alette, that foul wretch ), because I'd have loved to crush him with Iver or some other big Varl...

I surely would have done this Ekkill-Onef event differently, but I don't think its bad as it is. Actually, its perhaps the only true instance of the "choices matter" motto that Stoic have advertised so much. It might be a bit too brutally delivered, especially if you had invested on promoting Egil and/or Onef, but, what can you say? The gods are dead, after all

We can use this thread to discuss on how to change this event via modding (which is coming, SoonTM). So, how would you have done it?
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

I'd really love the chance to kill Onef in an event after being able to recruit Ekkill. Ekkill did "try to warn you" so it'd be nice to take him up on his warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kletian999 View Post
    I'd really love the chance to kill Onef in an event after being able to recruit Ekkill.
    Hmm, yeah. Maybe something like the escalating "friction" between Ludin & Hakon in Chapter 3? You know, where Ludin gives, little-by-little, reasons to have his face pummeled in by short-tempered Hakon Maybe, Alette could give Rook some warning of the spreading of Onef's invisible net of treachery. That could happen after her speaking with Ekkill, and you confronting him about it... I agree that Ekkill should play a more drastic part in the demise of his malicious brother-in-law.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.