Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The Banner Saga Patch 2 - Release Notes - 2.6.45

That's the actual look of the caravan after Skogr and there are more varls coming.
    Last edited by Yngvar; 06-21-2014 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    @Fazolt would you please mail the save files that display the caravan population issues? I'm not seeing it at first glance in several different scenes.

If you want to make it really easy for me, use the quicksave feature available in developer mode:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Okay, how should I send you the files (I'll take a screen shot of the console in the scene where this occurs, to be safe) and how do I do access the q save? Is it in the logs folder of application support/tbs/logs (or something similar)? And should I do the quick save at the location where the error occurs (it occurs any time there is a "zoom in" on the caravan, and a walking scene)?

EDIT: Yngvar added a picture demonstrating the issue with the caravan's showing fighters/clansmen/varl where there shouldn't be, or disproportionate amounts. Sometimes it varies.
    Last edited by Fazolt; 06-21-2014 at 07:02 PM.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #23
    Thanks guys, I've found the issue and will be hotfixing it tomorrow evening. (It was a typo in the caravan graphics setup code)

Okay. Glad I could help.

Thanks guys, I've found the issue and will be hotfixing it tomorrow evening. (It was a typo in the caravan graphics setup code)
    Assuming that this bug didn't exist before, and if I might be allowed the curiosity (): Why did you tweak the caravan-population code for? Those population-subgroup numbers shouldn't have been related to localization... So, where you experimenting with the effect of population-change on gameplay?
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

How i can donload this patch????

Quote Originally Posted by andro1965 View Post
    How i can donload this patch????
    If you have the Steam version of the game, it should update automatically. Not sure how it is done with the DRM-free (e.g. GoG.com) version; maybe re-install?

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    If you have the Steam version of the game, it should update automatically. Not sure how it is done with the DRM-free (e.g. GoG.com) version; maybe re-install?
    At GoG you have to re-download and re-install.
    "Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #29
    Ahh, I've been changing everything

In particular the caravan was pretty strongly hard-coded, and I had to refactor it to allow it to be data-driven (for the next game, and other games/mods). It's still a bit hard-coded but the guts of it are cleaned up and refactored.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    Assuming that this bug didn't exist before, and if I might be allowed the curiosity (): Why did you tweak the caravan-population code for? Those population-subgroup numbers shouldn't have been related to localization... So, where you experimenting with the effect of population-change on gameplay?

Ahh, I've been changing everything

In particular the caravan was pretty strongly hard-coded, and I had to refactor it to allow it to be data-driven (for the next game, and other games/mods). It's still a bit hard-coded but the guts of it are cleaned up and refactored.
    Curiosity sated, for a little while.

My next question: Should we expect "big" gameplay changes for Saga2? If so, will those be "backwards compatible" to Saga1? Maybe via modding or you could deploy an official "TBS1: Enhanced Edition" DLC or something. From my experience, it is a pain trying to keep an "engine" continuously-updated with new features compatible with all past "data", but it seems that you're trying to do just that...

11.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #31
    Updated to build 2.6.51

NOTE: Fix issue with too many Varl and Fighters showing up in close travel caravan
    NOTE: Add 60 more Kickstarter backer crests
    NOTE: Fix syntax errors in some conversations where square brackets around names were showing up, e.g. "Rook] ..."
    NOTE: fix typo in war for spanish where dredge/fighter/varl counts were not showing up
    NOTE: Updated Steam Achievements in Spanish and Polish (They were still in English on Steam)
    Last edited by John; 06-24-2014 at 08:16 PM.

Updated to build 2.6.51

NOTE: Fix issue with too many Varl and Fighters showing up in close travel caravan
    NOTE: Add 60 more Kickstarter backer crests
    NOTE: Fix syntax errors in some conversations where square brackets around names were showing up, e.g. "Rook] ..."
    NOTE: fix typo in war for spanish where dredge/fighter/varl counts were not showing up
    NOTE: Updated Steam Achievements in Spanish and Polish (They were still in English on Steam)
    John, people over at steam-boards saying this hotfix made them unable to access the Market place. I didn't cross-check it myself, but there's at least 4-5 of them reporting this.

13.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #33
    @Aleonymous yep I found it and am making another build now.

@Aleonymous yep I found it and am making another build now.
    Ah, glad I found this page. I'm at Boersgard and haven't been able to access the market for the last few towns I visited. Clansmen are dropping like flies as I've not been able to buy supplies.

Once fixed does it generally take long to get published to Steam?

Absolutely loving the game so far, great work guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishcake View Post
    Once fixed does it generally take long to get published to Steam?
    I'll take a chance and bet the hotfix that fixes this will be on Steam in a few hours... Your steam-game should update automatically. Exiting and re-starting the steam-client is maybe the safest way for the patch/hotfix to apply itself "smoothly".

16.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #36
    It's usually quite quick. However during the Summer Sale, every Steam service is totally bogged down, so what is normally a 30-minute build turnaround turns into a 12-hour turnaround. Bad timing

17.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #37
    Updated to 2.6.56

NOTE: Fixed Market click not working
    NOTE: Updated Spanish translation with revisions

Something weird is happening with the Skystriker steam-achievement . It shows that 0% of the players have ever gotten that. I hope that its a problem of the "aggregation" and not preventing players from actually getting that achievement... Speaking of that, any chance of fixing Factions "broken" Elo-achievements?

Here is another suspicious bug report (malfunction of "Mark Prey" ability). I hope it's a false one!

19.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #39
    Skystriker achievement fixed (it just wasn't showing up right). I'm looking into Mark Prey now.

Hi, good news. Thanks for patching and adding more languages!

But, why I see only the old version (Mac OS X installer, English 1.0.0) on GOG.com? What is going on?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast