Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 114

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The Banner Saga Patch 2 - Release Notes - 2.6.45

  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #41
    Technical Director John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    413
    We're making a few more little hotfixes during the course of the week. Once everything is all tidy, we will upload a new build to GOG.

    JW

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmoniker View Post
    Hi, good news. Thanks for patching and adding more languages!

    But, why I see only the old version (Mac OS X installer, English 1.0.0) on GOG.com? What is going on?

  2. #42
    The subtitles text doesn't show properly in the Spanish version.



    From the Steam Community.

  3. #43
    There's the same problem through the whole game.


  4. #44
    Skald Aleonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,444
    John, this Mark-Prey bug may have "infected" the Silver-Arrow battle, again, in case Rook bears the arrow... Here is a report from the Steam-boards.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

  5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #45
    Technical Director John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    413
    I wasn't able to reproduce any issues with the silver arrow and Rook.

  6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #46
    Technical Director John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    413
    Updated to Build 2.6.61

    NOTE: Fix issue with Mark Prey not functioning
    NOTE: Fix issue with Spanish VO subtitles not displaying

  7. #47
    Might I suggest you add a link to the patch in the release notes posts? I'm still mystified as to where I am actually supposed to download the patch, or even an updated version. There doesn't seem to be a patcher program in the game folder, and the "Download Game" link on StoicStudio.com only provides version 2.1.65. This seems like very poor customer support for people not using third-party patchers like Steam.

  8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #48
    Technical Director John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    413
    The Patch 2 build and following hotfixes are only on Steam, which automatically updates the patch hotfix builds. I'll put up a DRM free zip in the downloads section as soon as the hotfixes are finalized. We've made a few minor changes each day since the initial Patch 2 release: Some of them bug fixes, some of them pieces of missing polish that needed adding. At this point we've fixed everything that has come up. If nothing else comes up over the weekend you can expect a non-Steam download of the updated game to be available later next week. I'm not going to build and distribute a multi-gigabyte DRM-free version every time we do a hotfix, but instead roll up all the changes into a single download. This is the same approach we took with initial launch and Patch 1.

    GOG players: The GOG build will be updated at the same time as the KS DRM-free build.
    Last edited by John; 06-27-2014 at 06:32 PM.

  9. #49
    It sounds fair enough to me.

  10. #50
    Junior Member DDickens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2

    Mark Prey not working at all

    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Updated to Build 2.6.61

    NOTE: Fix issue with Mark Prey not functioning
    NOTE: Fix issue with Spanish VO subtitles not displaying
    I bought The Banner Saga on steam and the window of the game tells me that it is up to date, but Mark Prey is not working for me. How can I fix this? Or when can I expect a fix?

  11.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #51
    Technical Director John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by DDickens View Post
    I bought The Banner Saga on steam and the window of the game tells me that it is up to date, but Mark Prey is not working for me. How can I fix this? Or when can I expect a fix?
    Can you please send me your log files and save files?


    Log Files
    The log file locations are:

    Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/TheBannerSaga/Local Store/logs/
    Open Finder
    Hit Command-Shift-G to open the “Go to the folder:” popup dialog
    Paste the path into the textbox and hit Enter
    Windows: %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\TheBannerSaga\Local Store\logs\
    Open Windows Explorer
    Paste the path into the location bar textbox and hit Enter


    Save Games

    Games are saved in a similar location to the logfiles, in this case:
    Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/TheBannerSaga/Local Store/save/saga1/
    Open Finder
    Hit Command-Shift-G to open the “Go to the folder:” popup dialog
    Paste the path into the textbox and hit Enter
    Windows: %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\TheBannerSaga\Local Store\save\saga1\
    Open Windows Explorer
    Paste the path into the location bar textbox and hit Enter
    Each save file is a single .json file paired with a .png screenshot. You may share save files with others or transfer them to different machines. They may also be used to contain the state necessary to reproduce bugs.

  12. #52
    Skald Aleonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,444
    John, I'm just summarizing some issues reported in the Steam-boards:

    • Game won't save after some point -- There's at least two reports of that bug, and it's probably quite serious Is it related to the large number of hotfixes?
    • Silver-Arrow / Mark-Prey issues -- I think you'll nail those down soon enough.
    • The good-old "Teleport" bug -- There was one mention of it, with Oddleif. I remember it happening with Rook, back in December 2013.
    • CPU over-usage -- That must be a technology-specific issue, and not something that can be addressed easily...
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

  13.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #53
    Technical Director John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    John, I'm just summarizing some issues reported in the Steam-boards:

    • Game won't save after some point -- There's at least two reports of that bug, and it's probably quite serious Is it related to the large number of hotfixes?
    • Silver-Arrow / Mark-Prey issues -- I think you'll nail those down soon enough.
    • The good-old "Teleport" bug -- There was one mention of it, with Oddleif. I remember it happening with Rook, back in December 2013.
    • CPU over-usage -- That must be a technology-specific issue, and not something that can be addressed easily...
    We've tracked down the save game issue. It happens if you camp during travel very close to the next trigger for a scene -- for instance if you camp _just_ outside of Frostvellr, when you break camp you see the world travel scene flash in, then Frostvellr loads immediately -- leaving your save game situation borked. We're going to need to test the change thoroughly on Tuesday (today is a holiday in Canada) before putting it out for everyone. In the meantime, anyone who encounters this bug should send me their save and log files, and I can actually fix it on a case-by-case basis by editing the save file.

    The Mark-Prey issues should be fixed, I'm not aware of a confirmed case in 2.6.61, are you? The silver-arrow issue is the problem where zero willpower prevents use, correct?

    Teleporting I don't know much about, very hard to reproduce. If you encounter it please send your logs and saves.

    The CPU over-usage is definitely a machine-specific issue, not much I can do about it. I could perhaps add options for things like disabling snow and animations and whatnot. I'm working on the mobile port right now too, so some of those optimizations might help out the PC version in a few months.

  14. #54
    Skald Aleonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,444
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    The Mark-Prey issues should be fixed, I'm not aware of a confirmed case in 2.6.61, are you? The silver-arrow issue is the problem where zero willpower prevents use, correct?

    Teleporting I don't know much about, very hard to reproduce. If you encounter it please send your logs and saves.
    I am gonna check the Mark-Prey bug later this evening, in the v2.6.61. About the Silver-Arrow bug, here's the thread I fell upon; it sounds like the same symptoms that used to happen before the 2nd patch, i.e. the SA-button sometimes would not be "pushable". I am gonna give a few tries too.

    About Teleporting -- I've never come across it in the official releases, in over 180hrs of play-time. It must now be quite rare, indeed.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

  15. #55
    Skald Aleonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,444
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    I am gonna check the Mark-Prey bug later this evening, in the v2.6.61. About the Silver-Arrow bug, here's the thread I fell upon; it sounds like the same symptoms that used to happen before the 2nd patch, i.e. the SA-button sometimes would not be "pushable". I am gonna give a few tries too.
    About the battle-bugs -- I tried several battles, loading save-games:
    • Bellower Fight (Normal): Rook has Silver-Arrow. It is activated normally, with Willpower
    • Bellower Fight (Normal): Rook has Silver-Arrow. Can't activate with zero Willpower
    • Bellower Fight (Normal): Alette has Silver-Arrow. It is activate normally, with Willpower.
    • Bellower Fight (Normal): Alette has Silver-Arrow. Can't activate with zero Willpower
    • Mark-Prey: Works normally. Tested at Bellower Fight and at Sigrholm fight.


    About the CPU overheating issue -- Here is post that helped someone; perhaps it can be useful for others too.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

  16.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #56
    Technical Director John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    About the battle-bugs -- I tried several battles, loading save-games:
    • Bellower Fight (Normal): Rook has Silver-Arrow. It is activated normally, with Willpower
    • Bellower Fight (Normal): Rook has Silver-Arrow. Can't activate with zero Willpower
    • Bellower Fight (Normal): Alette has Silver-Arrow. It is activate normally, with Willpower.
    • Bellower Fight (Normal): Alette has Silver-Arrow. Can't activate with zero Willpower
    • Mark-Prey: Works normally. Tested at Bellower Fight and at Sigrholm fight.


    About the CPU overheating issue -- Here is post that helped someone; perhaps it can be useful for others too.
    Cool, I was able to reproduce the zero willpower issue locally and will fix it. The one that I'm not sure about is when you get the circle/slash icon on the ability, and it's not willpower related (if that actually still happens)

    That CPU overheating workaround is indeed very helpful!

    JW

  17. #57
    Junior Member DDickens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Can you please send me your log files and save files?


    Log Files
    The log file locations are:

    Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/TheBannerSaga/Local Store/logs/
    Open Finder
    Hit Command-Shift-G to open the “Go to the folder:” popup dialog
    Paste the path into the textbox and hit Enter
    Windows: %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\TheBannerSaga\Local Store\logs\
    Open Windows Explorer
    Paste the path into the location bar textbox and hit Enter


    Save Games

    Games are saved in a similar location to the logfiles, in this case:
    Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/TheBannerSaga/Local Store/save/saga1/
    Open Finder
    Hit Command-Shift-G to open the “Go to the folder:” popup dialog
    Paste the path into the textbox and hit Enter
    Windows: %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\TheBannerSaga\Local Store\save\saga1\
    Open Windows Explorer
    Paste the path into the location bar textbox and hit Enter
    Each save file is a single .json file paired with a .png screenshot. You may share save files with others or transfer them to different machines. They may also be used to contain the state necessary to reproduce bugs.


    Sure thing, where should I send them though? Do you have an email? Or should I just post them here?

  18. #58
    Skald Aleonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,444
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    The one that I'm not sure about is when you get the circle/slash icon on the ability, and it's not willpower related (if that actually still happens)
    I've come across this bug several times in the past, but I haven't been able to pick up a pattern... It's surely not strictly willpower-related. For what it's worth, I had emailed you two log-files where that bug manifested, in 29-Jan-2014 (when you were on a break); if you want, I can re-mail them.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

  19. #59
    I've got the same problem with the silver arrow but just once.

    It's weird.

  20.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #60
    Technical Director John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by DDickens View Post
    Sure thing, where should I send them though? Do you have an email? Or should I just post them here?
    Please send them to help@stoicstudio.com

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •