Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The Banner Saga Patch 2 - Release Notes - 2.6.45

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    That CPU overheating workaround is indeed very helpful!
    For the record, here (Steamboards) is another solution that helped.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #62
    There is a candidate hotfix build on the 'beta' branch. We will QA it tomorrow but you guys can go ahead and take a look. In particular, I am interested in Russian feedback on the new font. To switch to the 'beta' branch select it from the dropdown in

Steam LIBRARY->The Banner Saga ->Properties->BETAS->"Select the beta..."->"beta - For public testing"

Release Notes 2.7.01:

• NOTE: Allow silver arrow to work properly even if player is out of willpower
    • NOTE: Increase pan speed during battle. This creates a smoother experience, especially on lower end machines.
    • NOTE: Update Vinque font to include Russian text. No more Arial for Russian
    • NOTE: Fix decamping very close to the next travel location trigger

Test Notes:

NOTE: Allow silver arrow to work properly even if player is out of willpower

This affects the 'battle self popup' across the board for all units. Please test cases of legitimate willpower exhaustion as well as the silver arrow case which has a willpower cost of zero. Please test the '2' hotkey that activates the targeting mode for this ability.

NOTE: Increase pan speed during battle. This creates a smoother experience, especially on lower end machines.

Affects all battles across the board but should only have a cosmetic effect. The pan speeds for villages and travel scenes should remain unchanged

NOTE: Update Vinque font to include Russian text. No more Arial for Russian

Instead of switching Vinque to Arial in Russian, we now switch to an alternate Vinque (VinqueRU). VinqueRU looks slightly different than Vinque, mostly in the glyph spacing, but overall looks similar. The Languages menu should always display language buttons other than the Russian button (Русский) in plain Vinque. I had some issues with the non-Русский buttons getting messed up after a restart, which is now fixed, but please check how the VinqueRU is getting swapped out both at runtime and through a restart.

NOTE: Fix decamping very close to the next travel location trigger

This was a global issue that could affect anyone, albeit uncommonly. The way to make this happen was to camp while traveling, very close to reaching the next scene change trigger. For instance, when approaching Frostvellr. If the camp button is hit immediately before reaching the trigger, the caravan will start to slow down. The caravan hits the trigger and stops 1 pixel before the trigger immediately, and goes into camp. When camp is exited, the travel screen comes up for a brief moment and then Frostveller loads. At this point, the player would no longer be able to save. I have addressed this by changing the way DECAMP works -- DECAMP is waiting for you to load into the old travel scene. It never finishes loading into the old travel scene because it immediately kills the load and starts loading a new scene. I made DECAMP listen for those interrupted and exited scenes. This needs thorough testing because DECAMPing everywhere is affected (towns, camps, etc... Anywhere you hit the "Leave" button)
    Last edited by John; 07-01-2014 at 06:17 PM.

Release Notes 2.7.01:

• NOTE: Allow silver arrow to work properly even if player is out of willpower
    • NOTE: Increase pan speed during battle. This creates a smoother experience, especially on lower end machines.
    • NOTE: Update Vinque font to include Russian text. No more Arial for Russian
    • NOTE: Fix decamping very close to the next travel location trigger
    I can confirm that Silver-Arrow with no willpower works fine (I tried only Alette carrying it). There is only a negligible problem: If you activate the Silver-Arrow ability, target Bellower but cancel the action, then you can not directly re-activate it. The workaround is that you have to close the unit-action HUD (e.g. click somewhere on the board) and re-open it (e.g. click on unit) to activate Silver-Arrow again.

The panning-speed thing seems to work fine too. Actually, I didn't notice anything, which I deem good

Russian fonts do look prettier. Lets wait and hear what the Russians think.

I didn't test this camping problem. It seems quite difficult to replicate and it never happened to me before. Do we need to be on our toes and click on camp just before entering a major location (where it switches from world-travel to close-travel or to village/town-view)?

By the way, I noticed this possible issue: Kindle, Dredge Stoneguard ability, did not trigger Bring-the-Pain damage (nor RtF, for that matter). I happened in the Bellower fight, on Normal; I got logs the logs if you need them. I'm noting it because I think it used to trigger those damages, before...

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #64
    Updated to 2.7.01

Release notes recap:

NOTE: Increase pan speed during battle. This creates a smoother experience, especially on lower end machines.

Updated to 2.7.01

Release notes recap:

We have already tested the new Russian font for about 2-3 hours, and found no bugs. So far so good.
    Thanks for your cooperation, we are very glad!
    Last edited by Bro Fox; 07-03-2014 at 08:10 AM.

Hello

Any news on the patch for the gog version? i really look forward to initially start the game in german :-) it gets hard to resist to keep the dmg file untouched on my harddrive ;-)

It seems there's an issue in chapter 5, that I don't remember having in my previous playthroughs: in the dialogue between Eyvind, Alette and Rook just after Eyvind speaks with Juno in his dream, Jorundr is present in the scene while everyone is talking as if he wasn't there, and he even have a line where he is talking of himself at the third person. Thus I suppose it should be someone else (Krumr?) instead of Jorundr.

We're making a few more little hotfixes during the course of the week. Once everything is all tidy, we will upload a new build to GOG.
    JW
    Is the beta test over now? The GOG users waiting curiously....

Hello any news about the GOG release ?

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Fionkisuinte View Post
    Hello any news about the GOG release ?
    Working on that today!

Red face

Working on that today!
    OK thanks.
    Can't wait to see that

Working on that today!
    And? Any result?

Working on that today!
    That is not funny! For all new forum readers: Here is a table to convert the SST (Special Stoic Time) to normal time:

next week = in 2 months
    maybe tomorrow = in a month
    tomorrow = in 2 weeks
    today = 1 week or more
    Last edited by Harmoniker; 07-30-2014 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmoniker View Post
    That is not funny! For all new forum readers: Here is a table to convert the SST (Special Stoic Time) to normal time:

next week = in 2 months
    maybe tomorrow = in a month
    tomorrow = in 2 weeks
    Patience is a virtue, especially when dealing with those small projects that have a history of delays (due to several reasons, most prominent among them being the team-with-one-programmer). That's no excuse, I know, but we should not stick to words like "today", "tomorrow" etc. John just wanted to say that he's working on it, and not completely dumped it, is all.

Luckily, they've switched from the SoonTM ETA they were using, for a long time

Sorry, what is going on?
    Why is there no reaction from the developers?
    Why is Steam more valuable than GOG in the eyes of the developers?

Its live on GoG. At least I got a red 1 and installer says 1.1.0. Downloading :-) Thanks@devs.

Just see the update on GoG. Thanks

It has taken a long time until the translation patch was available on GoG; and it was not easy for me to wait that long. But haste makes waste. So, thanks a lot for that great game and the German version.

Thx for the GOG.com patch!

Hello.

Now that the GOG build has been updated, what about the KS DRM-free build update ?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast