Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The Banner Saga Patch 2 - Release Notes - 2.6.45

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow View Post

- Gronnulf starts with 2 skill points in Exertion on the tutorial, but later on he has 0 points on that skill.
    - Alette has wrong bio after she puts the hood up.
    - No varls or fighters join you caravan(add to the total number) when you leave Einarntof, even when the text says that almost half the garrison follows you.
    - Udin's caravan don't add any numbers neither to yours when they join you shortly after leaving Einarntof!
    - When Rook and Juno go get the silver from the godstone, in the text it says "Rook woke up following Juno", but in the background picture is the other way around, Juno following Rook.

+ Nid starts at level 1(she should starts at level 5 in stead, since she joins so late and there are so little fights left. (not a bug but a suggestion)
    /still waiting for that to be addressed.
    "Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"

Out of curiosity, was there ever a DRM free patch that I just missed?
    Or will I at some point have to give in and play my Steam version instead?

I don't have an answer Ratatoskr, but I am thrilled to see you here

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatoskr View Post
    Out of curiosity, was there ever a DRM free patch that I just missed?
    Or will I at some point have to give in and play my Steam version instead?
    The DRM free version is build 2.7.01

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    The DRM free version is build 2.7.01
    Just as the current Steam version.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Yeah, I've been a little AWOL. Life and such, and I can only play so much Factions at a time. Good to see there's still a decent community here, through.

Anyway, so, I should just redownload the DRM free version then? Because I haven't downloaded anything since the original link went out.

Although, I don't know what I'd do for my next play through considering that I've already played the version where almost everyone dies (which makes for some interesting battles), the version where almost everyone lives and the original where I was just trying to do the best I could.
    Last edited by Ratatoskr; 03-27-2015 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatoskr View Post
    Although, I don't know what I'd do for my next play through considering that I've already played the version where almost everyone dies (which makes for some interesting battles), the version where almost everyone lives and the original where I was just trying to do the best I could.
    If you're a bit technically inclined, I would propose you try modding! Here's a recent discussion at the Steam-forums about doing some core-changes to the game, e.g. buffing the difficulty, tweaking the "economy" of the game etc. Oh, and here is the thread (this forum) that sparked the modding talks.

I'm afraid technically inclined is pretty much the opposite of what I am. But it's been long enough I probably wouldn't mind just a regular play through, especially if some things have changed.

So.. I downloaded the newest version of the DRM free game, but it's giving me an error when I try to actually play it. When I try to open the application, it tells me that there was an error with steam and I should reinstall it. Anyone else have this problem?

In fact, it looks like this:
    Last edited by Ratatoskr; 03-28-2015 at 12:15 PM.

I don't believe that anything significant has changed, between the release version and the latest one. Mostly bug fixes and the addition of some features like subtitles, difficulty tweaks etc.

Why would the DRM-free version got anything to do with Steam (the DRM "temple" )? Do you have both DRM-free and Steam version of the game? Maybe there's some conflict in that case...

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    I don't believe that anything significant has changed, between the release version and the latest one. Mostly bug fixes and the addition of some features like subtitles, difficulty tweaks etc.

Why would the DRM-free version got anything to do with Steam (the DRM "temple" )? Do you have both DRM-free and Steam version of the game? Maybe there's some conflict in that case...
    I have the steam version but I've never actually installed it so I don't see why it would be an issue, particularly since the original game I downloaded still works fine. I'm literally just clicking the application in the win32 folder exactly like I do with the other one, but I'm getting that weird error instead.

It definitely sounds like some sort of conflict between the two versions of the game. Even if you haven't installed the Steam version, maybe just being in you library means that it has "left its footprint" on you system (e.g. created a folder in you User-Documents), and is thus confusing the DRM-free version. As with all those problems, you should start with uninstalling and re-installing the game... If that doesn't work, better email support@stoicstudio.com directly, as John will surely provide the solution more promptly than these here guessings and troubleshootings

True enough. I'll try uninstalling steam and see if that works. I don't think I can uninstall the DRM free version since I never installed it in the first place. It just lives in a folder on my computer. Of course, I can't really uninstall the steam version since I never installed it either, so I should probably just ask for help already.

Particularly since I'm suddenly getting Steam achievements for playing the DRM-free version of the Banner Saga, and there is something very wrong with that.
    Last edited by Ratatoskr; 03-30-2015 at 07:15 PM.

Interestingly, I also had some weird issues with my Steam version of TBS1, yesterday: When I clicked to launch the game, it failed opening a windows-error message like "AIR ...blah blah... couldn't initialize components; re-install or contact support". I am pretty sure the game worked fine a week ago, when I last played it, and the only things I might have changed where... some color-mods on Factions' SWFs which worked fine Checking the integrity of TBS1's file/cache (via Steam) said that some ~25 files failed the test and "have to be re-acquired". Being unable to figure how to re-acquire only those files, I ended up un- and re-installing (re-downloading) the entire game, and everything worked right. I might have had some mods hooked up on TBS1, but nothing I can't easily re-do.

I got a couple of "new" bugs to report.

1. There is a misplaced tree in the background(shortly before Onef betrays you)

2. "Exertion" sometimes gets bugged when your hero has 0 willpower left, even if you use the horn to regain willpower, the character remains unable to use it, as the exertion skill gets stuck on 0 for the current hero until next turn.
    Last edited by Yellow; 06-23-2015 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow View Post
    2. "Exertion" sometimes gets bugged when your hero has 0 willpower left, even if you use the horn to regain willpower, the character remains unable to use it, as the exertion treat/skill is stuck on 0.
    That sounds serious. It must be some left-over from that Willpower-item bug that surfaced (and was eventually corrected) with the latest patch. Some other guy at the Steam forums mentioned a similar thing, recently. If you got "hard evidence" (e.g. log-files, save-files, maybe a snapshot or video), do email them to John for a check.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    That sounds serious. It must be some left-over from that Willpower-item bug that surfaced (and was eventually corrected) with the latest patch. Some other guy at the Steam forums mentioned a similar thing, recently. If you got "hard evidence" (e.g. log-files, save-files, maybe a snapshot or video), do email them to John for a check.
    I will do another playtrought and take some screenshots, but as far as i remember it is not a recent bug, i remember it happening to me long ago but never bothered to report it back then...

Where do i get log files from?

The log file locations are:

Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/TheBannerSaga/Local Store/logs/
    Windows: %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\TheBannerSaga\Local Store\logs\ , where%HOMEPATH% is something like C:\users\<username>

Check the logfile (text file) dates and maybe browse around that path, because I think Stoic have changed the name of the logfile directory with the latest path.

Updated my bug list to include screenshots, as well as added a couple of other bugs...

- Gunnulf starts with 2 skill points in Exertion on the tutorial, but later on he has 0 points on that skill.
    - Alette has wrong bio after the battle with Bellower, when she puts the hood up.

- After the fight with Bellower, during Alette and Iver conversation, Alette's look is different depending on the perspective(On one she has the hood up, on the other she does not)

- No varls or fighters join you caravan(add to the total number) when you leave Einartoft, even when the text says that almost half the garrison follows you.
    - Udin's caravan don't add any numbers to yours when they join you shortly after leaving Einartoft!
    - When Rook and Juno go get the silver from the godstone, in the text it says "Rook woke up following Juno", but in the background picture is the other way around, Juno following Rook.

- There is a typo when talking to Tryggvi the first time(after leaving SKOGR) He says that we should not trust men with helmets, that they look at "your"(should be you) trough their helmet and lie....

- The camp screen does not match the composition of your caravan: Sometimes you have 0 valrs but on the camp screen there are several displayed; sometimes you have more varls than humans, but on the camp screen there is 100 humans for each valr, etc.

- The "far travel" caravan on the background, does not match the actual caravan composition(even if your caravan has varls, clansmen and fighters, only one type is displayed on the background picture)(this is hard to notice because of the small size, but once noticeable it breaks immersion)

- There is a misplaced tree in the background(shortly before Onef betrays you)

- "Exertion" sometimes gets bugged when your hero has 0 willpower left, even if you use the horn to regain willpower, the character remains unable to use it, as the exertion skill gets stuck on 0 for the current hero until next turn.

+ Nid starts at level 1(she should starts at level 3-5 in stead, since she joins so late and there are so little fights left. (All other Characters that join so late into the game start maxed out already)(not necessarily a bug but rather a suggestion)

PS:
    With the upcoming release of The Banner Saga 1 on PS Vita and PS4, it would be a good chance to polish the first game some more before the upcoming release of The Banner Saga 2...
    Last edited by Yellow; 06-24-2015 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Adding more info, pictures and new bugs...

Any news regarding the bugs from my previous post?

¿ O_o ?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast