Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: random pathethic ideas

  1. #1

    random pathethic ideas

    as the title says, you can post here any idea for next game.
    my first one is:

    the naval combat!

    in the banner saga, you are playing norse people, AKA vikings. why not having some naval battles?
    morale is kinda instead of exertion and startin will power of each unit is completly calculated by morale, also if you have 0 morale, you strengh decrease by one and replanish when you morale gets higher (killing enemies)
    attacks:
    there are no canons there, so instead there will be:
    • battering
    • archery
    • boat to boat melee combat
    • speical abilities such as:
      • oil and burn/slag water


    [/LIST]

  2. #2
    Skald Aleonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,444
    Hello there, and welcome to our small community

    Quote Originally Posted by shigad View Post
    You can post here any idea for next game. My first one is:

    The naval combat!
    I was also longing for some sort of sea-element (like the very interesting naval battles you describe) to come into the game. I've asked Stoic about this sea/boat issue in the past, but never gotten a straight answer. My question was based on this: How can a game inspired by Vikings, whose culture was so much related to the sea, not have that sea element in it? Unfortunately, I fear that we will not get to see any such sea-element, and here's why: Firstly, the world-map doesn't have any large sea-expanses that can only be traversed by sea; it's just some big rivers that are encountered in the story. Secondly, the main theme of the game is the caravan marching with its banner; that imagery is obviously strongly "land-locked". Interestingly, we have seen some early concept art showing what looked like boats sailing in an open-sea, for example the KS-backer exclusive wallpaper (from TBS KS page):



    but nothing else after that, during the main course of development of the game. Who knows? Maybe I'll be wrong in the end!




    OK, here is my first suggestion about the next game: More battle objectives! Currently, the only way to resolve/end a battle is to kill all enemy units, with the sole exception of the last battle. I'd like to see more diverse objectives in future battles. I will give some examples of that, along with the "idea" behind them.
    • Kill the enemy "leader" (e.g. like the Bellower battle, where the rest of the minions scatter or surrender)
    • Reduce all enemy unit Strength to 1-3 (e.g. this effectively "captures" enemies, without need to kill them)
    • Move all your units to a specific "exit" location of the board (e.g. cut through enemy lines)
    • Reach a quest-specific tile of the board with an ally unit (e.g. in the Ridgehorn-towertop battle, the fight could end when you reached Eyving & Juno's bodies)
    • Keep at least one ally unit alive for a given number of turns/rounds (e.g. keeping the rear-guard for the caravan to escape)


    So, who's next?
    Last edited by Aleonymous; 07-25-2014 at 04:17 AM.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Yellow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post



    OK, here is my first suggestion about the next game: More battle objectives! Currently, the only way to resolve/end a battle is to kill all enemy units, with the sole exception of the last battle. I'd like to see more diverse objectives in future battles. I will give some examples of that, along with the "idea" behind them.
    • Kill the enemy "leader" (e.g. like the Bellower battle, where the rest of the minions scatter or surrender)
    • Reduce all enemy unit Strength to 1-3 (e.g. this effectively "captures" enemies, without need to kill them)
    • Move all your units to a specific "exit" location of the board (e.g. cut through enemy lines)
    • Reach a quest-specific tile of the board with an ally unit (e.g. in the Ridgehorn-towertop battle, the fight could end when you reached Eyving & Juno's bodies)
    • Keep at least one ally unit alive for a given number of turns/rounds (e.g. keeping the rear-guard for the caravan to escape)


    So, who's next?
    +100 to more battle objectives.

    More battlefields diversity would be nice too, right now the only thing that changes is the background, apart from that all are the same empty square battlefield.
    How about including some obstacles and/or interactive objects etc ?This was sort of already present on Factions("Main Hall" map with the fire pits on the center, or the "Docks" map with the wooden sticks) so i don't know why it was excluded altogether on The first chapter of the SP game.
    "Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"

  4. #4
    Skald Aleonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,444
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow View Post
    How about including some obstacles and/or interactive objects etc ?This was sort of already present on Factions("Main Hall" map with the fire pits on the center, or the "Docks" map with the wooden sticks) so i don't know why it was excluded altogether on The first chapter of the SP game.
    I found that quite strange, indeed: no blocker tiles, no map-attached burning coals. My first thought is that this might have interfered with the AI movement, somehow, but on second thought it doesn't seem the case. Also, in single-player vs-AI game, there's no need to try to make things "even/symmetric" for the two opponents (as in the PvP game, Factions), so they could have gone with even more complex blockers that, say, the Beach-map in Strand... Stoic, we demand an explanation!
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

  5. #5
    about world map, the map is incomplete, dont forget that the land where dredge were is not in the map

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    Hello there, and welcome to our small community



    I was also longing for some sort of sea-element (like the very interesting naval battles you describe) to come into the game. I've asked Stoic about this sea/boat issue in the past, but never gotten a straight answer. My question was based on this: How can a game inspired by Vikings, whose culture was so much related to the sea, not have that sea element in it? Unfortunately, I fear that we will not get to see any such sea-element, and here's why: Firstly, the world-map doesn't have any large sea-expanses that can only be traversed by sea; it's just some big rivers that are encountered in the story. Secondly, the main theme of the game is the caravan marching with its banner; that imagery is obviously strongly "land-locked". Interestingly, we have seen some early concept art showing what looked like boats sailing in an open-sea, for example the KS-backer exclusive wallpaper (from TBS KS page):



    but nothing else after that, during the main course of development of the game. Who knows? Maybe I'll be wrong in the end!




    OK, here is my first suggestion about the next game: More battle objectives! Currently, the only way to resolve/end a battle is to kill all enemy units, with the sole exception of the last battle. I'd like to see more diverse objectives in future battles. I will give some examples of that, along with the "idea" behind them.
    • Kill the enemy "leader" (e.g. like the Bellower battle, where the rest of the minions scatter or surrender)
    • Reduce all enemy unit Strength to 1-3 (e.g. this effectively "captures" enemies, without need to kill them)
    • Move all your units to a specific "exit" location of the board (e.g. cut through enemy lines)
    • Reach a quest-specific tile of the board with an ally unit (e.g. in the Ridgehorn-towertop battle, the fight could end when you reached Eyving & Juno's bodies)
    • Keep at least one ally unit alive for a given number of turns/rounds (e.g. keeping the rear-guard for the caravan to escape)


    So, who's next?
    good idea

  7. #7
    Skald Aleonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,444
    Quote Originally Posted by shigad View Post
    about world map, the map is incomplete, dont forget that the land where dredge were is not in the map
    I don't think the map is incomplete, well, as far as this trilogy is concerned... From the lore extracted by the map-location descriptions we can infer that the Dredge resided in the region in the north of the map called Valkajokull, and they are currently pushed south from this unnamed "darkness" the Serpent mentions.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow View Post
    +100 to more battle objectives.

    More battlefields diversity would be nice too, right now the only thing that changes is the background, apart from that all are the same empty square battlefield.
    How about including some obstacles and/or interactive objects etc ?This was sort of already present on Factions("Main Hall" map with the fire pits on the center, or the "Docks" map with the wooden sticks) so i don't know why it was excluded altogether on The first chapter of the SP game.
    actually when you find eyvind there is a big hole in the map that you can't eneter

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    I don't think the map is incomplete, well, as far as this trilogy is concerned... From the lore extracted by the map-location descriptions we can infer that the Dredge resided in the region in the north of the map called Valkajokull, and they are currently pushed south from this unnamed "darkness" the Serpent mentions.
    they never really said that the dredge are in valkajokull

    i know about the serpent and that stuff, but valkajokull's description reads: "At the great war's end, it was the Valka, the first Menders, who would push the dredge so far into the north that they were no longer a threat. Some believe the Valka committed genocide of an unfathomable magnitude, others believe they were forced to return underground, for not even dredge can survive these bleak, lifeless ice plains. In any case, if the dredge could be said to inhabit any lands, it is those named after their vanquishers." and if you chek in the right place, grofheim and skrymirstead are in valkajokull, and that does'nt make sense they'll be in the same land. which all leads to that the dredge are northen to valkajokull and not AT it. when i first played and got to use the map, i really tried hard to figure out when the dredge were especially for some reason. anyway, the subject is naval comabt, and there is sea between the main land and places with names (so we can know this land is explored and such)such as wordan and cletberg, the hammer, stem and wyrms tear isle which means they have a reason to go sea.

  10. #10
    'bout battle objectives, i have few more ideas including:
    • keep eyvind alive:
      you must have eyvind alive at least 4 rounds, then he summon an ally/resurrect a god

  11. #11
    sorry for double (double double actually) posting i have a bug and i cant edit

  12. #12
    Skald Aleonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,444
    Quote Originally Posted by shigad View Post
    anyway, the subject is naval comabt, and there is sea between the main land and places with names (so we can know this land is explored and such)such as wordan and cletberg, the hammer, stem and wyrms tear isle which means they have a reason to go sea.
    There's sea alright, but my main point is that there is no big islands and no separated continents (e.g. like Westeros & Essos in GRRM's ASOIAF) for open-sea travel to take place. Even if the Dredge are north of Valkajokull, there's still only a narrow pass to lead to Dundr's beard. I think the only boat-travel we're gonna see is in the rivers and fjords

    For reference, here's the game map from our wiki: https://bannersaga.gamepedia.com/Map

    Quote Originally Posted by shigad View Post
    sorry for double (double double actually) posting i have a bug and i cant edit
    I have the same bug too, I think, if you're referring to the edit-box appearing blank/empty Your posts are kinda simple, so you could {select+copy+paste} the text into the blank/empty edit-box easily Also, you can "Report" your double posts for deletion by the mods/admins, using the triangular "!" icon under your name, on the left, in each post.
    Last edited by Aleonymous; 07-31-2014 at 09:26 AM.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

  13. #13
    yes i mean that bug.
    thanks for that editing way .
    also new ideas:


    objectives:
    despair enemies (despair battle). when the avarege of willpower of the enemy is 0.9 or lower, you win, and the enemy can win the same way. the catch (why you should'nt just not using will) is that any time someone dies, 1-3 party members suffer 0-3 willpower DMG, but the total value of all willpower DMG caused must be 2-7 (not absolutly random). optional: does'nt come instead of normal "all enemies are dead" objective, which means you'll use WP in this combat.

    base class:
    infamous varl/hated varl
    *can't be found unpromoted, because each promoted unit is explaining why the varl is hated so no base class anywhere!
    speical: his passive ability is negative, but he is getting another passive when promoted.
    passive: hated. friends can target him with enemy-only abilities and with attacks, but only other varl. enemy varl gets 1 one exertion agianst him (can spend more WP)


    fire varl
    lore: most varl are afraid of fire, and varl that have even a little interest in fire that is not about how to unlit it, is considered as a traitor!
    second passive: being brave: suffers one less dmg from fire dmg (slag and burn 1 will do same damage as normal STR attack (or does it usuallly make only 1 dmg, without str?), and burning coals will cause no damage at all.
    can't think of un active but slag and burn...


    WereYox
    second passive:
    beast like: have 10% less precent of hitting (90% when more STR than enemy armor), but automaticlly kills someone that is lowered by more 3 quarter of their starting STR in that hit. hit (unit that starts with 8 armor and 10 STR will die if hit by 16 STR WereYox)
    ability: crash them!: make normal STR damage, and duplicatess third of that damage as armor damage (six STR and 2 ARM on someone that has armor like (your STR - 6)).

  14. #14
    Skald Aleonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,444
    Quote Originally Posted by shigad View Post
    1. Despair enemies
    2. Infamous/Hated Varl
    3. Fire Varl
    4. WereYox
    Here's my thoughts on your suggestions:

    1. Willpower-damaging abilities have always been intriguing. I am not sure if such a "big" change (i.e. an outcome-deciding one) will be good for the current combat-mechanics, as it seems to allow for some weird exploits, seeing that the AI isn't particularly bright (e.g. resting might win you a fight!)

    2. Um, err, I can't see why we'd wanna use that kind of Varl in our team! Except, maybe, to use him with high-STR/low-ARM for one big hit, and then kill him to gain turn-advantage? But that's absurd and too game-y...

    3. Interesting class, that fire-Varl, a real abomination! I hope there's some nice character to go along with it. Maybe he could be one with the previous Varl class you proposed (the hated one). Maybe he could play along with Yrsa, somehow involved in a small "side-plot"

    4. That { Big-Damage @ High-Risk } ability sounds interesting; not sure about the actual numbers, but I like it. However, be warned that there's a lot of players who greatly dislike any form of randomness (RNG) in this game! Now, your "Crash Them" suggestion sounds too much like the current implementation of Sundering Impact (Warmaster active ability), albeit more OP.
    Last edited by Aleonymous; 08-04-2014 at 12:31 PM.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

  15. #15
    1. that's right
    2. if you did'nt get it, fire varl and were yox are part of the infamous varl base class, and i said they get a second passive which is postive so they can balance it. the reason for him being able to targeted by friendly varl is that people usually target on the nearest enemy, and they may mistakley target him. maybe i'll change it to something else, because it does not effect battles with super carey players without varl enemies.
    3. as i said above, he IS one of the varl i propused (the hated one).
    4.i tried to make it the most least OP i could, but that's right... but! sundering impact hits enemies around and this does not.

    summary: keep the fire varl, change the abilities of hated varl and WereYox

  16. #16
    Junior Member natej11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    22
    I really like the idea of more battle objectives. They wouldn't be too hard to add to the current combat format but they would add a tremendous amount of flavor. I could see things like:

    Siege: Your team is behind a wall with waves of dredge approaching. Dredge have the ability to batter down the wall with armor break abilities. The objective could be to last a certain amount of time, kill all enemies, preserve the wall, etc.

    Staged waves: Rather than the usual battles which are either wars (first fight then mopup fight) or back-to-back battles, they could be fights where you're pushing your way towards an objective, say battling to punch through defenders and reach a leader or rescue a prisoner or retrieve an item. You could do it as a succession of battles where you either heal slightly between battles, are given the opportunity to switch out wounded party members, or face weaker enemies as more of an endurance run.

    Timed events: Your party has to go all-out to destroy the enemy/some objective in as few turns as possible, no matter the cost. That could include destroying fleeing enemies, or attacking an area festooned with traps, or facing enemies that can swat you down like flies but have critical weaknesses that can be exploited if you act fast enough.

    In any case whatever the objectives, one of the key elements of a strategy game is constantly facing new and interesting challenges. One battle after another of facing the same enemies with the same objective of destroy them all is only fun for so long. And with different objectives there's the opportunity to make the hard difficulty a real challenge that takes planning and forethought to overcome.

  17. #17
    Skald Aleonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,444
    Quote Originally Posted by natej11 View Post
    In any case whatever the objectives, one of the key elements of a strategy game is constantly facing new and interesting challenges. One battle after another of facing the same enemies with the same objective of destroy them all is only fun for so long. And with different objectives there's the opportunity to make the hard difficulty a real challenge that takes planning and forethought to overcome.
    Thankfully, more battle objectives is one of the things that Stoic seems to whole-heartedly agree on, so it should be high on their list for the second game (Ref: a recent interview).

    For the record, here is a suggestion I made several months ago about improving/expanding the standard War-battles. This aims to make those battle large, more diverse, and introduce a "larger-scale" planning/strategy, compared to the one currently applied to each single battle...
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

  18. #18
    It would be great to face some special condition able to affect the battleground and fighters.

    Changing weather, for example.

    Fighting in a blizzard should be an awesome challenge for dredge and men alike. It could restrict the movement capacity, the effectiveness and range of some abilities -BoP & RoA- and even the strength of the units involved in the fight with the time because they are getting frozen after all.

    As I said it is just an example and my very humble contribution.
    Last edited by Yngvar; 08-19-2014 at 08:32 AM.

  19. #19
    dredge and/or horseborn class ideas.

    hunter. a horseborn class. have a horn in the left hand and an axe/a sword in the right hand. active abillity: wolf's yell. he blows her horn, and then all his teamates that can move into attacking range of the selsected target, move to attacking range with the selected target.

    based on that wolves are yelling when they are getting near their prey so other wolves can go to their direction (i have no idea if it's true, i read that in a fiction book)

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    4. That { Big-Damage @ High-Risk } ability sounds interesting; not sure about the actual numbers, but I like it. However, be warned that there's a lot of players who greatly dislike any form of randomness (RNG) in this game! Now, your "Crash Them" suggestion sounds too much like the current implementation of Sundering Impact (Warmaster active ability), albeit more OP.
    so what about doing third of the damage as armor damage instead (not duplicate, convert)?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •