Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Banner Saga Fan Casting

Banner Saga Fan Casting

This is something that I made on IMDB after I finished the game. What do you think of it?
    https://www.imdb.com/list/ls075059242/
    Do you mind if you can refrain from posting your own fantasy casts of your own? I mean you can just not here.

You can give me suggestions though! Saying not to post your own makes me sound like a douche doesn't it?

BTW hello! i'm SirCritic! I'll probably be around a little while!

Hello SirCritic, welcome to the Stoic community forums!

Nice job on the fan casting list! There's a lot of great choices there, especially John Hurt and Brendan Gleeson. Here's a few ideas I had for some of the other characters:

Alette - Nicola Peltz (I know she's not the best actress, and don't even get me started on the Last Airbender... but I think she has the right look.)
    Ubin - Christopher Plummer
    Juno - Bérénice Marlohe
    Last edited by Guğmundr; 08-17-2014 at 03:42 PM.
    Án brynju, mağur er varnarlaus. Án styrks, er hann ekkert.

What an awesome idea! Thanks for sharing SirCritic; I hope you'll stick close to our little community.

I especially liked your choices of: Jerome Flynn (Onef), James Cosmo (Krumr) and Cate Blanchett (Oddleif). I was curious about yours not suggesting anything for Alette, as she's a key character; Gudmundr's suggestion seems fitting, at least for the looks & age. As for Rook (Viggo Mortensen), I would also suggest a personal favorite of mine, Sean Bean (Boromir; Ned Stark etc), who's got a proneness for doing the tragic hero!
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Sean Bean is a walking spoiler.

Everybody knows he is going to die sooner or later.

Your right about Nicola Peltz. looks the part (at least more so than most people i've looked at for the role) but she kinda sucks at what she does.

Christopher Plummer would have to put on a bit of weight to portray Ubin. He's kind of a lardo

Berenice Marlohe is actually really good. The jury is still out on adding her to the list (i'm still looking around) but her chances are pretty good! She is also six years older than Francois Arnaud (Eyvind) but knowing how she's a mentor and he's a student it would be fine for her to have a couple of year on him.

Sean Bean I never pictured as Rook. He could do it but Viggo Mortensen to me at least is PERFECT for the role.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Sean Harris as Ekkill. Come on, that's like perfect casting right there!

This is a very strange way of doing things having the moderator approve before posting. keeps on making me think my posts aren't going to show up!

Quote Originally Posted by SirCritic View Post
    Berenice Marlohe is actually really good. The jury is still out on adding her to the list (i'm still looking around) but her chances are pretty good! She is also six years older than Francois Arnaud (Eyvind) but knowing how she's a mentor and he's a student it would be fine for her to have a couple of year on him.
    Sean Bean I never pictured as Rook. He could do it but Viggo Mortensen to me at least is PERFECT for the role.
    I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Sean Harris as Ekkill. Come on, that's like perfect casting right there!
    Juno is a key character, so you absolutely gotta have that "look" in her eyes. Not accurate, but I think that Cher (from 20+ years ago! ) would fit nicely. Also, how about Ethan Hawke for Eyvind?

Agreed; Viggo is better, but he's so... Aragorn =/

Yup. That Sean Harris is truly Ekkill. You needn't have mentioned that at all!
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Check the Vikings by History Channel cast.

Jarl Borg -Thorbjørn Harr- could be an excellent Hogun & Mogun.

Athelstan -George Blagden- could be Eyvind.

Ethan Hawke would be good if Eyvind was supposed to be older. But he has stated that he's kinda new to all the mender business. hence, why I went with Francois Arnaud. Compare a picture of Eyvind and him together and you'll see that it's pretty good casting honestly. See i'll even put a picture link in:
    https://www.imdb.com/media/rm33592240..._mi_all_evt_12
    If he grew out his hair and beard he'd BE Eyvind

I'm sure by the time the second chapter is out and i'm fantasy casting for that Sean bean will fit in somewhere.
    Last edited by SirCritic; 08-19-2014 at 05:56 PM. Reason: i left stuff out

Your right about that for Hogun or Mogun! I might have to add him in!
    But which twin? He strikes more as a Hogun than a Mogun

That George Blagden has too much of a baby face to be Eyvind.

Which twin? Both, of course.

Eyvind looks pretty young for me.

Christopher Plummer would have to put on a bit of weight to portray Ubin. He's kind of a lardo
    I figured that all the actors playing varls would wear a fat/muscle suit and prosthetics, lke the dwarves in the Hobbit movies, to make their proportions less human-like (and make their height more believable), and so could be made to look fatter.

I'd imagine there would be some amount of prosthetics around the horns anyway, to make them look more like a protrusion from the skull, and not just something tacked on.
    Last edited by Guğmundr; 08-19-2014 at 06:31 PM.

Oh, so kinda like Armie Hammer in The Social Network?

Same here but George Blagden doesn't strike me as Eyvind.

Yeah. That's what i thought as well but the actors who play the Dwarves in the Hobbit still have like the same build as the actual dwarf they are playing. like Bombur is fat and his actor is as well (i`m feeling blunt tonight).

They`re would definitely be Prosthesis used for the horns.

Francois Arnaud looks like a handsome dandy, sort of a modern french early Dorian Gray.

George Blagden has some kind of sadness in his eyes that fits Eyvind "wheresJuno" situation as none else.

ehh... to me its not really sadness, more like innocence. Which is not a trait I really think of when I think of Eyvind.

I`m sorry but I seriously don`t see him as Eyvind. though some of the pictures did make me go maybe.... but then I looked at Francois Arnaud and then everything went back to default.

I don't see him as Eyvind either but I wanted to say something about him and his unlikely cast.

Thorbjørn Harr is my real contribution to this topic.

Last edited by Yngvar; 08-19-2014 at 06:54 PM.

A couple more ideas:

Mogr - Jeff Bridges
    Griss - Mickey Rourke

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast