Thread: Ekkill will be more important in the story in part 2!

Ekkill will be more important in the story in part 2!

Mark my words! especially if Rook dies at the end of the first part and Alette takes over things. I mean if you don't kill him in the first part he already has involvement in some pretty pivotal scenes! and he seems to care about Alette and I could see that continuing. I can actually see him as one of the main characters (not POV kinda like Oddleif or Eyvind)! What do you think?

A small problem with your prediction is that there's a story-like where you don't take Ekkill along at all! That actually happens if you turn down Onef's help in the start of Chapter 4. Of course, we can assume that he also leaves Frostvellr (shortly after Rook's caravan) heading south too, so there are still chances to meet up later.

Personally, I didn't really "get" Ekkill's character, and especially his weird relation with Onef. Nevertheless, I agree that he's better (deep down) than he seems, and that he develops a special relation with Alette.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

oops! I forgot to mention that! well, I meant if you let him survive that long and you bring him with you in general! But in the second game I do believe his role in the grand scheme of things is quite great.
    Last edited by SirCritic; 08-22-2014 at 12:59 PM. Reason: missed stuff

On a related note I was always confused why Egil disappeared from the storyline after you left Skogr at the beginning of the game. I get that he can be a nice unit in combat and that he can die in several different places, but other than he utility in combat, keeping him alive seems unimportant. I was disappointment because in videos of the early game Stoic (the "Let's Play The Banner Saga PAX demo" videos they released back in Sept 2013) talked about how Egil was import later, and so keeping him alive was important. It seemed like a missed opportunity, and I hope he has some conversation in part 2.

Quote Originally Posted by quartex View Post
    On a related note I was always confused why Egil disappeared from the storyline [...]
    Same here. After Chapter 2, I kinda hoped that the Egil-Alette relationship would flourish but, as you say, he became rather unimportant after Skogr. Also, on the Onef-mutiny story, I'd have given him a more valiant death, e.g. he could die trying to stop Onef from kidnapping Alette, instead of being Onef's first "easy" victim.

So many things we could re-do with mods, on those matters. I just wish we could group-up, and have John help us out as actively as he did some months ago.

Based on Austin Wintory's tweets, they're hard at work on Part 2. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some sort of Alette/Egil relationship in Part 2 to reward those few players who managed to keep him alive.

So far, the best hint of Alette/Egil relationship (apart from his confessing his affection) was the "pairing" of their abilities: You StoneWall Egil in from of an enemy, move Alette safe behind him giving her Armor-bonus, and use her Thread-the-Needle ability on enemy, while Egil takes no damage