Thread: Funny Little Questionnaire

Funny Little Questionnaire

I found this weird little thing when browsing Tumblr (one of the few times that i actually do) and I thought people on here should see it. Here are the questions and my answers for all of them:

Favorite Female Character: Oddleif
    Favorite Male Character: Ekkill
    3 Other Favorite Characters: Mogr,Yrsa,and Rook
    Funniest Character: Ekkill by a long stretch
    Prettiest Character: Yrsa
    Most Annoying Character: I would say Ludin but I actually like him so... I would have to go with either Jorundr (though I would be kinda the same in his position) or Bellower (because that final boss fight oh my god)
    Biggest Badass: Gunnulf is pretty kickass
    Character i`d like to hang out with: Mogr because me and him have a lot in common. We both tend to be the straight man and the peacekeeper when things start getting a bit crazy.
    Female Character i`d marry: I don`t know! i`ll convert to Islam and marry them all.
    Male Character i`d marry: the Serpent obviously!
    Worst Character: Onef of course!

Fav Female: Yrsa
    Fav male: Iver
    3 other favs: Ubin, Mogr, Gunnulf
    Funniest: Sigbjorn
    Prettiest: Juno
    Most Annoying: Ludin
    Biggest bad: Hakon
    Hang out with: Ekkill
    Marry Female: Oddleif
    Marry Male: Rook
    Worst Character: Luden

F. Female: Oddleif.

F. Male: Yngvar.

Others: Krumr, Ubin & Onef.

Funniest: Tryggvi.

Prettiest: Juno.

M. Annoying: Jorundr.

B. Badass: The Serpent.

H. O. W.: Yrsa.

M. M. F.: I can't see myself as a married man.

W. Character: Vognir.

Favorite Female Character: Oddleif (Not so many options here, but she beats Alette --who's just a kid really-- and Yrsa/Nid are kinda under-developped imo).
    Favorite Male Character: Iver (assuming Varl are supposed to be male )
    3 Other Favorite Characters: Gunnulf, Rook, Alette (and Krumr!)
    Funniest Character: Tryggvi (his humor is quite straight; I'd say Krumr and Ekkill are also funny in their own way)
    Prettiest Character: Yrsa (all the girls are very pretty, really; I have soft spot for curly-hair ones, but there were no representatives!)
    Most Annoying Character: Ludin. No question about it!
    Biggest Badass: Haha, Yngvar is right! The Serpent rulz here, followed by Bellower and then Gunnulf & Iver (from the "good guys").
    Character i`d like to hang out with: Another difficult question... Maybe Iver? Eyvind seems quite likeable too.
    Female Character i`d marry: Oddleif is my woman!
    Male Character i`d marry: Well, not really applicable for me, but let's say I'd stay away from Onef & Ekkill, as well as the Thrasher-twins and the Spearmen. The best candidates seem to be Rook & Eyvind. Count the "kid" Egil too, for when he grows older!
    Worst Character: (I am assuming you mean characters that we personally dislike, that we wouldn't like to be around) Onef is plain evil. Ekkill & Tryggvi are kinda crazy. Ludin is sooo annoying... Oh, I don't know how to answer this =/
    Last edited by Aleonymous; 09-04-2014 at 02:13 AM.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Favorite Female Character: Nid
    Favorite Male Character: Iver
    3 Other Favorite Characters: Mogr, Hakon, Rook
    Funniest Character: Mogun
    Prettiest Character: Gunnulf
    Most Annoying Character: Yrsa
    Biggest Badass: Gunnulf
    Character i`d like to hang out with: Mogun
    Female Character i`d marry: I'm a varl.
    Male Character i`d marry: Varl.
    Worst Character: It's a tossup. Onef is definitely the biggest bastard as villains are concerned, but I'd consider Juno to be pretty questionable as a good guy. First off she's Eyvinde's guardian who's taught him from a young child, but it's suggested she's also his lover, meaning not only is she seriously robbing the cradle but she abused her role as his guardian and teacher. Then, even though she has the ability to contact people mentally, she doesn't bother to let you know she's not going to make the meeting. This might be excusable if she was already nearly dead at the time, but if not then not cool. Then, when she meets up with you at the end, she basically mind controls Rook and kidnaps him, then tells him she only did it because she knew he's the only one who'd agree to help her. Yet she doesn't bother to explain the situation and ask him for help even though she knows beforehand he'll say yes, she just takes the choice away from him.

Quote Originally Posted by natej11 View Post
    Worst Character: It's a tossup. Onef is definitely the biggest bastard as villains are concerned, but I'd consider Juno to be pretty questionable as a good guy. First off she's Eyvinde's guardian who's taught him from a young child, but it's suggested she's also his lover, meaning not only is she seriously robbing the cradle but she abused her role as his guardian and teacher. Then, even though she has the ability to contact people mentally, she doesn't bother to let you know she's not going to make the meeting. This might be excusable if she was already nearly dead at the time, but if not then not cool. Then, when she meets up with you at the end, she basically mind controls Rook and kidnaps him, then tells him she only did it because she knew he's the only one who'd agree to help her. Yet she doesn't bother to explain the situation and ask him for help even though she knows beforehand he'll say yes, she just takes the choice away from him.
    Interesting analysis. I admit that Juno is not very likeable to me, either, but I wouldn't got as far as to place her in the "Worst Character" list!

In my opinion, Stoic tried to emulate that "Gandalf" archetype with her (along with some unneeded --imho-- romance with Eyvind), but fell kinda short of that mark... Maybe its the lack of a pointed hat or of that grandfatherly manner?
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

I'll also say that Juno is nowhere close to my favourite character either but I do disagree with the Gandalf archetype thing. I think Iver is more the Gandalf than anyone.... well more like Ben Kenobi but the archetype is essentially the same: wise old warrior that can still kick ass.

I also don't think the romance is unneeded either. it's the only romance that's truly open. Let's see i'll list them off: We have Alette x Egil, Rook x Oddleif (kinda), Yrsa x Ludin, Juno x Eyvind, Hakon x Ludin, SirCritic x Ekkill.... Okay those last two aren't canon but you get my point. Out of all of those only Eyvind x Juno is the only one that's an open relationship. All great sagas have one these days!

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    Interesting analysis. I admit that Juno is not very likeable to me, either, but I wouldn't got as far as to place her in the "Worst Character" list!

In my opinion, Stoic tried to emulate that "Gandalf" archetype with her (along with some unneeded --imho-- romance with Eyvind), but fell kinda short of that mark... Maybe its the lack of a pointed hat or of that grandfatherly manner?
    She's not really the worst character, even among the allies. I'd actually put Fasolt in that position except for one thing: I have this quirk where when the storytelling and presentation tries to portray a character as good in the face of obvious evidence to the contrary, I tend to judge them far more harshly than I would otherwise. It just seems like a sign of manipulation and makes me wonder what even more sinister stuff the person is hiding.

Ludin was a huge jerk, no argument, but he was open and up front about it from the first. Onef was exactly what his name suggested, and when it came time to make his move it came as a surprise, and it seriously pissed me off, but it was also in character. Fasolt is a speciest who was willing to let your group die just because you weren't varl, but he was open about it and eventually allowed you to fight beside him even so.

Juno, though? As a revered Valka with a kindly and earnest demeanor, how she's portrayed and what she does just don't mesh. I actually wouldn't be surprised if she turned out to be a villain if the writers turned the story that direction. Or, more likely, she's a character who thinks she's good but does questionable things while thinking all her actions are above reproach, which is a very dangerous type of person because they can be almost impossible to reason with and some of the worst evils have been done in the name of good.
    Last edited by natej11; 09-05-2014 at 12:56 AM.