Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What's Next?

Administrator Unconfirmed Account Myll_Erik's Avatar

What's Next?

Howdy Folks!

Just giving you a short heads up on what we are doing and what's happening next.

First - we've been extremely busy getting the game out on mobile, and we're proud to say it's available via iOS and Android now. It took John a lot of time, but in the end we ended up being featured by both Amazon and Apple as well as being the Editors Choice on the iOS App Store.

Second - we recently announced that we're coming to PlayStation 4! That's exciting but also challenging. We've been working on this behind the scenes for some time now and it's progressing. Remember, we're not using unity or any other game engine here so the transition isn't exactly the easiest of things.

Third - Factions - We're actively looking at what to do with Factions and what to make of it. Initially we put it out there just as a combat prep/teaser to the full game however there are a small number of you folks who have shown interest in it to the point we'd like to do something with it.

Finally - We're working on the next part of the story while working on all of the above (plus a few other things!). We're excited on where the story takes players next and we think you'll all love the new characters and changes to combat!
    Trample the weak - Hurdle the dead

Thanks for news. I hope we will see some Faction changes soon . Congratulations on getting the game to mobiles and good luck with Playstation 4.

Good to finally hear some news!

But do you mind giving a little more of details in stead of just saying "(plus a few other things!)" ? That phrase leaves a lot to desire, specially when you left out any info regarding the Linux port.
    "Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"

Cool

Sorry… It seems Linux is not planned right now. Maybe some time after Windows Mobile release… After all we already paid, why bother with us when new markets and new horizons await?

Linux is problem-some for a lot of reasons that John can probable describe in more detail. We're not going to release a broken or bug filled Linux version as then it'd only lead to more complaints. We're still working on it, but we're not going to release it until it's ready. Hope you can understand.

Thanks for the heads up, Lance

1. Congrats on Android release. I hope things go well... In fact, I am sure they will After all those ports have been finalized, will TBS2 release on all of them with like 10% more trouble (compared to +300% trouble for iOS+Android+PS4 release)?
    2. PS4? Wow, I can only surmise that XBox will follow
    3. Eager to know more about your plans for Factions!
    4. Any rough ETA forming about TBS2, or ETA-for-the-announcement-of-ETA?
    5. What's so hard about Linux, really? I am no dev, but I'd think its much more trouble doing PS4...
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Myll_Erik View Post
    Linux is problem-some for a lot of reasons that John can probable describe in more detail. We're not going to release a broken or bug filled Linux version as then it'd only lead to more complaints. We're still working on it, but we're not going to release it until it's ready. Hope you can understand.
    Sure I can! And I totally understand your devotion to quality. In fact I'm all for top quality products and will not accept cheap substitutions.

But the order in which you placed Linux release amongst other goals (hint: It was not even mentioned) clearly indicates the degree of your will to actually do any work towards this Kickstarter (!) obligation.

Just start telling the truth already. This "top quality needs time" rhetoric will not fool anyone here.

"A spoon is most treasured at dinnertime!" (a proverb from my homeland)

Certainly not trying to fool anyone - the reality is that putting an Abode Air game to Linux is significantly harder than than putting the game out on to other audiences (mobile/consoles). Is Linux the #1 priority every day, no. Is it something ongoing, yes. Linux is still being worked on and it'll be released when it's ready.

Sounds cool - I'd happily get back into factions if there was some new stuff!

Thanks for the update!
    An ETA for TBS2 would be amazing, but I totally understand if it's not even possible yet. Appreciate all you guys are doing. Thanks again!

No ETA on TBS2 yet as we're still working on it. We might have something cool at the PlayStation experience though - so keep your eyes peeled.

I wonder if we could get "factions" to android. It would ease the pain 'till we wait for TBS2 and also could keep the player base steady or even expand it.

Originaly posted somevhere else on the forum:
    ~ Hy, just signed in to the forum and started reading stufs...
    For the start, I only bought the game for android as my time only alows playing on the phone (luckily a Note 3).
    That is enough introduction and off topic so once more what I said on facebook:
    "I would like to see some more stuff ... the game seemed to be short, but long enough not to be boring, just ... I would like to see a sandbox mode where you lead another character who paralel with the story walks the realm an it dosen't have to have a specific story... it can have a simple story that he left from a northen willage when the invasion started and he meets some more caracters in the way who will join the party. The story dose not has to end and we can have in that sandbox mode the sidescroling sites where his caravan walks and randomly encounters allies and foes who he defeats or make them join the. The principle of having warriors and varls on the team as numbers could still remain and on the random encounters should be some big battles as in the main story. It would sort of never end (except if youre main hero falls) and let's say a lead board should tell other players who is in the top of wallking the most days and with the most suplies, warriors and varls. What say you ? Also, if it is possible to implement in the same sandbox mode the multiplayer so there would be a button and you can randomly encounter (or selected from a list) online players whose defeat would add food, varls and items to youre side or even lose them (it would not affect the main character if he dies). The same thing, lead board should indicate top players." ~

Quote Originally Posted by szebus View Post
    ... I would like to see a sandbox mode where you lead another character who paralel with the story walks the realm an it dosen't have to have a specific story...
    Hello there, and welcome

Here's some more ideas expressed in the past, pretty similar to what you're proposing:

https://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?2026 (Survival Mode DLC)
    https://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?2034 (Freedom Survival Mode)

+1 to sandbox, survival or whatchacallit

Tnx for the heads up.
    Btw, are those DLC's live, as I saw something on steam yesterday when looking for factions, but even if they are alive, do we have them for the android platform ?

Okay...https://store.steampowered.com/app/219340/?l=romanian (romanian language) ... so there is certainly no survival mode DLC and no Android version of Factions.

Quote Originally Posted by szebus View Post
    so there is certainly no survival mode DLC and no Android version of Factions
    You are correct: No and no

I believe that Stoic have tons of awesome ideas on how to expand Saga & Factions (...in the future...), and maybe that survival mode, or something similar, is one of them

As for Android, I am sure they will eventually (...in the future...) wanna "touch" that audience too. But, I don't know the complications of launching an online PvP game on multiple platforms (in this case PC/Mac + Android and/or iOS) while allowing inter-operability, i.e. a PC player to fight an Android player... My instinct tells me this is hard to accomplish, but not by any means un-do-able

There are other crossplatform games that have multiplayer, why couldn't it be done by Stoic... it would even boost the interest for the game, the playerbase would grow stronger why it would be one of few that runs on windows/iOs/android it could make a rapid groving.

I support your ideas and reasoning szebus! I am a Factions fanatic

Android and Apple mobile ports for Factions would be great indeed, i have no intention of playing the main single player game on those, but i would love to have a match or 2 on my phone while waiting for the buss(just an example).

So +1 to that.
    "Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast