Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Next Factions Community Tournament -- Discussion

i'm going to be organising my games for next week as a study break thing. So hope my opponents either get in touch with me for a time or appear on twitch.

I have delayed my matches too long, as well. I'll try to get in contact with stoicmom & grumpy to schedule those
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirean View Post
    i'm going to be organising my games for next week as a study break thing. So hope my opponents either get in touch with me for a time or appear on twitch.
    I'm in, but can't do before thursday evening thanks to studying, too. friday and saturday i've got to go to work....maybe friday evening or saturday afternoon/evening would be good for me.

Holidays have been mad and now I am kind of back but so much else needs doing that I likely will not be prioritizing this. I already have problems getting my Blood Bowl matches done, but if my opponents contact me I am sure we can find time since it doesn't take all that long when you get down to it.
    RK/Magnus on Twitch
    @thewritemagnus on Twitter

Me and grumpy finally got down to playing both our matches for the Group B. We skipped the Home/Away thing and picked our two (predefined) builds each as it pleased us; both fights took place at the Mead Hall (both consented), 30sec timer, and I got first turn for both (that was luck-decided). Here are the video recordings of those fights (no VO) at Twitch, as well as the clashing builds:

Match#1 -- grumpy: [BB WL RM RM BM SRM] vs. aleo: [SRM RM SA BM SS PK]
    Match#2 -- grumpy: [BM WL WL RM TH BM] vs. aleo: [WH RM SA BM TH WM]

I also updated Challonge with our results: https://tbsc.challonge.com/bannersaga_fct

With this opportunity, I'd like to ask people to try to play their matches so that this tourney can progress. I know that interest in the game is low, but we can do it Group D seems to be the one most lagging: {Tyrael, Tirean, Yngvar, JackJammer & Veringatorix} grab your axes and fight I am gonna make a Steam-Group announcement as well, to stir things up.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #86
    I totally love both Yngvar's name and icon. That is all.

On a side note: We are still, behind the scenes, working very hard on supporting Factions!

Glad to hear that, Arnie.

I'm thinking about participating if this is still happening. Can I suggest a tournament website builder, such as https://binarybeast.com/?

A google search would yield plenty of options... Where you could build the brackets/style and list all the rules --- and then only need to reference the site for people to sign up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendel View Post
    I'm thinking about participating if this is still happening. Can I suggest a tournament website builder, such as https://binarybeast.com/?

A google search would yield plenty of options... Where you could build the brackets/style and list all the rules --- and then only need to reference the site for people to sign up.
    Hi Wendel, and welcome Your message just appeared, after it got approved.

This tournament is, um, in hiatus at the moment. So, practically speaking, "this is not happening" Of course, we could add you anytime in Groups A or B, where these #dredge placeholder/dummy players were inserted, to make all groups have five players. How many units do you have and what power levels can you make? This tourney is supposed to be about random builds, but at this point anything is better than nothing

Thanks for the BinaryBeast suggestion. We considered this option back when we were planning the tourney, but for some reason we concluded that Challonge is better, so we went with that. I think they have the same features, except that their look is a bit different. Personally, BinaryBeast's dark theme was a bit screwed up in my browser and I couldn't see anything; maybe that's why I voted for Challonge

That's too bad. I'm a new player from North America and I'm finding it a little difficult to find matches. I really hope that there will be more support with the release of Banner 2.

Hello spicykorean, an welcome to our humble little community

Yes, matches are getting harder and harder to find, and the low-powers are those who suffer the most. Here's some tips:

1. Don't hesitate to make steam-friends, amongst the players that frequent Factions, so that you can ask them for battles.
    2. Use the global chat to call out to players or schedule matches.
    3. When in-battle, using a slash / before your msg will post it to the global chat (instead of the private in-battle chat) for all to see.

Oh, that slash tip for global chat is very useful. Thanks!

It's just that the multi-player has so much potential but it feels like it was an after-thought by Stoic.

Thanks for the welcome, Aleo!

I think that my posts are still being moderated.

Quote Originally Posted by spicykorean View Post
    It's just that the multi-player has so much potential but it feels like it was an after-thought by Stoic.
    More like a pre-thought Some still have faith that Stoic would return to developing Factions in future
    If you don't know where to put it - put it in the pillage

Steelhammer Tribune issues collected here
    Some of my Factions games can be observed here
    Also possible streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/netnazgul

Quote Originally Posted by netnazgul View Post
    Some still have faith that Stoic would return to developing Factions in future
    Are you one of the faithful ones, netz?

I haven't played that many matches, but it feels as though most people upgrade their archers first, esp. bowmasters. It seems risky to rely on such easily killable classes.

I rarely use high-rank Bowmasters. Actually, most of the master-class units (with the exception of Shield-master) are perfectly fine at rank-1, when considered in power-12 builds. I believe that some Varl units profit more from promotions, e.g. Provokers, Warleaders, Strongarms, Warhawks. As for human units, I like rank-3 Skystriker (for use in combos, w Provoker or Strongarm) and rank-3 Backbiter, who is deadly against cowardly Bowmasters

I really like Siege Archer and her ability. And I agree that rank 1 of most abilities seem more than enough.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5