Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What comes after The Banner Saga?

What comes after The Banner Saga?

I know this is looking far into the future, but I'm wondering something. For the moment, "Stoic" and "The Banner Saga" seem to be synonymous. But assuming The Banner Saga trilogy takes off the way we all hope, and Stoic is showered in profits from sales, what's next?

Would we see Banner Saga spin-offs? Some entirely new game Stoic has always wanted to make? What would you like Stoic to do?

I'd want them to make whatever their hearts desire.

I second TheWhiteRose, but since we ARE dreaming.... i'd love to see a game drenched in african folklore
    "...And upon that banner you write down your deeds so that you cannot forget."

It probably has a lot to do with the reception to The Banner Saga. Sure, we know that it exceeded expectations with its Kickstarter, but it's yet to be seen whether that will correlate with strong interest in the bigger market at large once it (and its subsequent episodes) are finished. The critical and market response will probably be contributing factors into discussion from the guys at Stoic about what to tackle next.

That said, I'm excited enough about *this* game, without fabricating pie-in-the-sky speculation, hopes, and dreams about what could be next several years down the road!

as kickstarter backers we assumed (somehow, remotely) the role of producers, so we wouldn't want them to spend a single second not working on the banner saga would we ?!

jokes aside, first things first. and if later on this game is a success i'd probably want them to apply the same tactics/rpg formula with different settings.

A very dapper steampunk game, obviously

The Banner Saga mmo is next...duh!

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #8
    I can safely say that there will not be a Banner Saga MMO coming up next. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
    I can safely say that there will not be a Banner Saga MMO coming up next. ;p
    Ah, good to hear. So, it'll be a cartoon spin-off, then?

Hm, come to think of it, a cartoon spin-off could be pretty amazing in your hands. You're doing the animation anyway... ;p

i only want a cartoon spin off if it means we get collectible action figures in our cereal!

Cartoon spin-off sounds kind of amazing. Some short webisode or one-shot thing. Could act as good marketing too if done well.

Of course I don't mind collectables either, haha, but I don't know about cereal...

Cereal isn't vikingy enough. Banner Saga brand beef jerky, on the other hand...

I thought the 4th one was mean to be the kart racing spin off?

This is a question that sort of relates to this topic :P. Since this is going to be a three part saga, will there be character/save game transfer or will each chapter be indipendent storywise? I know they will be stand alone games but it doesn't preclude the possibility of carrying over with previous characters....

Just a curious question that's popped up in my head for a while

Quote Originally Posted by kincajou View Post
    This is a question that sort of relates to this topic :P. Since this is going to be a three part saga, will there be character/save game transfer or will each chapter be indipendent storywise? I know they will be stand alone games but it doesn't preclude the possibility of carrying over with previous characters....

Just a curious question that's popped up in my head for a while
    The Kickstarter page says your choices carry over into the next chapters. However, each game is independent storywise, while there is also an overarching story. So the end of Chapter 1 really is an end of sorts, but you'll continue in Chapter 2 what you started in Chapter 1. Think of the end of the first Mass Effect: you've defeated Saren and Sovereign, completing the game's story, but there's still the Reapers as a whole that need to be dealt with.

i see. Never really got to the end of mass effect (the self congratulatory militaristic stance put me off at about halfway) but having skimmed the series i know what you mean.

That sound quite nice

Probably there are no plans for the future yet. Not even the game itself was released, stoic should focus on this. But I like the way of how those guys think. They're not like all of the gaming industries, creating foolish First-Person-Shooters which all have the same game content in the end!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly View Post
    The Kickstarter page says your choices carry over into the next chapters. However, each game is independent storywise, while there is also an overarching story. So the end of Chapter 1 really is an end of sorts, but you'll continue in Chapter 2 what you started in Chapter 1. Think of the end of the first Mass Effect: you've defeated Saren and Sovereign, completing the game's story, but there's still the Reapers as a whole that need to be dealt with.
    I'd actually imagine it being more like The Song of Fire and Ice as in you follow the stories of different characters in each game and then it somewhow gets woven into one story in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by JokerAR View Post
    I thought the 4th one was mean to be the kart racing spin off?
    This almost made me spit my tea onto the keyboard. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Violentvixen View Post
    This almost made me spit my tea onto the keyboard. Well done.
    I have to agree. Though the really sad thing is I'd probably play the kart racing spinoff if it meant I could hack at the other drivers with axes while racing along.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast