Thread: some suggestions

some suggestions

Greetings all!

some points about balance
    it is not so important in single-player, but very important in factions

1. armor is uneffective. 1 point of armor gives only 10% penalty. There units, which completly ignores armor. making it 15% penalty would make factions more balanced game.
    2. willpower. when using wp at 80% shot it would be more logically to change wp to make probability 100% first and then +1 damage

and the last but not the least

One of the biggest problems right now is the time, when you waiting for match. A lot of new players abandon the game because they dont understand it well enough and there are nobody to play with. So, the suggestion is to make a lot of searches simultaneously. For example ranked-6, ranked-12, quick-6, tourn-12. when one of searches completed, and battle begins others will be canceled automatically.

Hello euar, and welcome to our humble little community

(Copying stuff from our similar topic discussion in the steam-group)

1. As this hit-chance penalty is just a "parameter", it could be given as an optional setting, to be decided mutually by the two combattants, like chosing the battle-map in Friend matches. Another idea would be to make it fully "linear", e.g. 2STR-vs-3ARM is not 90% hit-chance, but 2/3*100~60%. Yet another hardcore idea would be to make it entirely impossible to hit the enemy when STR<ARM. Finally, the discrepancy of 1STR damage in two cases STR-ARM= 0 and 1, should be addressed.

2. That could be given as an alternative option, at the time of the attack. So, WP can be spent to: (a) increase damage +1, (b) increase hit-chance +10%. The choice is left to the player; for example, a 3EX/3WP unit can use 1WP to do +1 damage (total 2STR damage) and 2WP to increase hit-chance by 20%.

3. That would require you to have multiple different builds prepared, whereas now the game allows to have only one "ready" build. We've asked for this feature in the past: having a set of 2 or 3 "ready" build slots, e.g. at p6, p9 and p12, so that when you see an available match, you can join any of the queues without going to the proving grounds.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Hey Aleo,

Are there any "fun" or "weird" team setups to try?
    Not really looking for effective or must-win stuff. Just want to try different things.

Quote Originally Posted by spicykorean View Post
    Are there any "fun" or "weird" team setups to try?
    Not really looking for effective or must-win stuff. Just want to try different things.
    RoA (Rain of Arrows) combos are kinda fun & weird, at the same time To make them the most effective, you'll need a rank-3 Skystriker to set a RoA trap; then, you'll need a Strongarm to push (or a rank 2+ Provoker to "pull") an enemy unit into it.

Multiple Siege-Archer builds are also considered wonky, having them lay fire and destruction across the board! Ask stoicmom about those

I've felt the burn of stoicmom's Siege Archers already!

In Banner Saga, I used Tryggvi to push dredge into Oddleif's RoA. So using a Strongarm to do it sounds more fun.

Any other interesting combos or quirks of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by spicykorean View Post
    Any other interesting combos or quirks of the game?
    Hmm, I believe that is the most fun combo. What I mostly like about Factions (i.e. playing against human players) are the bluffs with the Skystriker traps. I think it's one of the most interesting abilities of the game

One of the biggest problems right now is the time,
    royal1688 download

Thanks for the info
    viva9988

The raider unit cap did away with the more unconventional and interesting builds in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dansk viking View Post
    The raider unit cap did away with the more unconventional and interesting builds in my opinion.
    You mean it did away with the more unbalanced and OP builds? I for once am grateful for that.
    "Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"

Well, you were the one that suggested it, weren't you? so I'm sure you are.

You bet.
    "Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"