Thread: The Banner Saga: Warbands

Administrator Unconfirmed Account Myll_Erik's Avatar

The Banner Saga: Warbands

Austin, TX July 30, 2015 A trio of like-minded independent companies, video game developer Stoic, miniatures board game creator MegaCon Games, and video game publisher Versus Evil today announced The Banner Saga: Warbands, a miniatures board game based on the successful and critically acclaimed video game franchise The Banner Saga. With production already underway, a Kickstarter campaign will also be announced soon.

While no details about the miniatures board game have been released yet, an interest list is now forming and the MegaCon Games team, who are currently attending GenCon in Indianapolis this weekend at booth 1449, are soliciting fan interest for the forthcoming release. A website has been set up at www.bannersagawarbands.com for fans to receive more information as it becomes available.

Can't wait to share more info!
    Trample the weak - Hurdle the dead

I rarely come by the forums those days, but strangely whenever I come by, good news are always fresh.
    And this, is great news
    My beard is augmented.

REALLY looking forward to it. I'm very curious how they will transfer TBS into a Boardgame...but sure as hell this will be a must buy

Sounds fun Waiting for more info!
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

same here

A commenter in good standing posted this over at Rock Paper Shotgun:

"I backed Myth on Kickstarter at the behest of a friend. The view that the rules are a mess seemed to be a common one.

I never got to see for myself, though. They never sent me the game. No rules, no miniatures, nothing. I emailed them numerous times over the course of months, even using different email addresses to follow up and check they had received my messages. No email was ever replied to. I gather that I wasn’t alone in not getting what I was meant to – my friend didn’t, and a lot of people reported there being whole swathes of miniatures missing from the packages they received."

Which seems reason enough not to partner with this company, but that aside - what is Stoic going to do if this event repeats? Can they guarantee that each and every backer will receive the game they paid for?

Impressed at the booth

I was pretty pumped when I saw the Banner Saga art in the Exhibition Hall at Gen Con. I guess with all the craziness of packing, driving, and seminars I missed the announcement so I did a double take walking by the booth. The miniatures look true to the art(though they are 3d of course) and of good quality. It's too early to say for sure but I trust the guys at Stoic will make sure that the game is everything I hope it will be!

Junior Member Bjorn the coalstoker's Avatar
    I am waiting for this so badly. It was exactly what was needed, a way to keep on staying in the Banner Saga also through different media. Craving also for a traditional pencil&paper RPG. Let's hope and believe, folks.
    Fire never dies alone.