Thread: Bad Manners?

Thumbs Down Bad Manners?

Hey guys,

So I'm sitting in a match versus the following:

Clipboard01.jpg

And he literally sat in that corner until I tricked him into thinking that I went afk. Then I proceeded to tear him a new one with my BM slowly picking off each of his units.
    Afterward, he has the gall to tell me to not take his quick matches. I consider this bad manners because he is basically trying to grief new players into playing against this frustrating build. Moreover, this idiot is probably managing to turn off new players to the game by griefing them.

It's a shameful display in my opinion and bad manners.

-Diego
    Last edited by spicykorean; 02-24-2016 at 09:24 PM. Reason: added larger image

You get these type of players in every online game I am afraid. People like to "game" the game and this is one of those things that is easily done in factions in its current state.

Indeed. Well, I guess this happens and is to be expected, if it is allowed from the game's rule-set It's surely bad manners and the faster someone understands this (e.g. with a couple of pummeling defeats ) the better!

There are ways to counter this tactic, but it's a chore and if the opponent is actually skilled, then he will have the advantage. Using archer "baiter-breakers" to draw out his shieldbangers is usually the best way: You take a high-ARM Siege-Arhcer (or BM) and come in-range of the SBs to break them, possibly standing behind a Raider; when the SB comes out, you make short work of him. Don't be afraid of having your Archer(s) maimed. His archers will also come closer, so be prepared to flank the formation with a Raider. Once the SBs are gone, you just have to get a high-STR melee unit (e.g. a Thrasher) attack his Archer triplet. In your case, I'd probably save my Warrior for last!
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

That's basically what I did, except that it was preceded by about 20 min of moving into position and then pretending to be afk so he would move out of position first. It wasn't all bad since I was playing Hearthstone in a alt-tabbed window. :P

Back when factions were striving people used to try this tactic vs me all the time when they knew I was around and queuing. What I found to be most effective was to all in on the meat shields on one side, leave a big hitter of your own on the outskirts waiting to strike with a 2 exertion move in and just make sure you were being as efficient as possible with your moves. Archers trapped in a corner are not scary at all. And you give them no place to run it is GG. Anything with 3+ natural AB you just allin and destroy before they get more than 1 AB out. Easy pickings.

The somewhat tricky part with this build is the enemy Skystrikers. A smartly placed trap might stop one of your units in its first approach but once the fight is engaged, Skystrikers are just Archers. So, if that one time isn't a really critical one (e.g. when your glass-cannon Warrior is coming in, for a kill or die) then it won't make a big difference if your unit is stopped or not. All in all, as Tirean said, all this makes a difference if your move-efficiency (maths of damages etc) is worse than the opponents...
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

I don't know what he's thinking because with your Bowmasters he is at a huge advantage. You can just position your units right and peck at his units from safe 7tiles (or even 8) distance, then replenish WP by rest. He'll have to attack from very bad curled up postition and lose his game. The real problem long time ago were some people who pretended to be afk from the start - it took way too much time to play vs them. Turtling like this is ineffective and you can just treat this as an interesting etude Like checkmate in N turns, you know.