Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: [MOD] YaK's SSLTBS1 Fixpack (Spare Some Love To Banner Saga 1)

John said: "...(code) contains the decoder and encoder parts. From that it should be fairly obvious what the file format is. this is the only documentation of the file format."

So, do you think you can make a new TBS_dec build (in AIR?) including those changes? John's GitHub hasn't been touched for 3y... https://github.com/jwatson000/tbsdec
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    John said: "...(code) contains the decoder and encoder parts. From that it should be fairly obvious what the file format is. this is the only documentation of the file format."

So, do you think you can make a new TBS_dec build (in AIR?) including those changes? John's GitHub hasn't been touched for 3y... https://github.com/jwatson000/tbsdec
    Yeah, i saw that code. Writing back is not the real problem.

1. Actionscript/flash/air is not my usual programming language and I know little about tooling in that ecosystem. Though I was able to create an .air file with that IDE I used. But I had to create an *.p12 certificate to do that and I'm really not sure if that executable would work on another system.
    2. Time! At the moment its possible to decompile the new format, edit in a textfile and recompile it with Zeno. Its maybe annoying to use two different tools, but at the moment thats OK for me.

Well, I guess I should keep bugging John to update the TBSdec tool then It seems like only a few parts of the source were changed, to read & write; nothing too extensive...

Managed to create an installer for the new version.
    I've ported some classes from zeno to parse that json stuff for me... It took only 2-3 hours to create an relatively stable version(i hope so) and an installer.
    It should work with old and new json.z format.

https://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthr...3259#post33259

Now i deserve a wheat beer
    Last edited by Gestaltzerfall; 02-21-2017 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestaltzerfall View Post
    Managed to create an installer for the new version...
    Now i deserve a wheat beer
    This one is on Aleo:

The next round is on me!

Can't do\test anything right now, but I owe you one and will definitively use it to update both fixpacks in two-three weeks, hopefully.
    My mods: YaK's SSLTBS1 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga/mods/1 ) and Drake's & YaK's BS2 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga2/mods/2 )

I think, therefore I am... I think.

@Ratatoskr (and anyone else whom wish to help)

I am beginning the work to merge back the two Saga1 mods into one (and adding another 4-5 fixes), deciding to start with typos.

I need a bit of help and clarification here.

Ch1

• Typo: Ubin/Eirik after Nobleman: “Ah, things makes a little more sense.” TO “Ah, things make a little more sense”
    • Typo: Description of Mogr: "quarter master" to "quartermaster".

Ch2

• Typo?: Hogun 'n' Mogun village: “As you pull your axe, Alette is nowhere to be seen.” TO “As you pull <i>out</i> your axe [...]”

Ch3

• Typo: Beginning of chapter, Hakon says, “I could crush the boys skull with one hand.” to "[...] the boy's skull [...]"
    • Typo: Hakon's caravan encounters merchants: “Dredge start appearing out of nowhere. Some of us stayed...” TO “Dredge started appearing out of nowhere...”
    • Typo: The village before Denglr's godstone, in option: “They're paralyzed with fear, and loss of their homes...” TO “They're paralyzed with fear and the loss of their homes...” QUESTION: Is it correct to use "with"? Shouldn't be "by" fear and "for" the loss? Just asking to improve my english.
    • Typo: Varl are going back to collect the spilled gold, option 3: “Any future leave will be considered desertion.” TO What? Should we change the phrasing in something like "The next one to leave will be considered a deserter" or "Any future leaving [...]"?
    • Typo: Chapter 3. In the woods when talking to Yrsa, should there be quotes around “You could set part of the woods on fire...” or did you mean that to be implied when she pats her arrows? It currently reads a bit unclear. --> Don't know, what should be done?

Ch4

• Typo: Chapter 4, when talking to Onef after Ekkill : “And the dredge probably won't follow us out over in the wastes...” You don't need over.
    • Word Choice: If you choose to take all of Ekkill's supplies: “Before long, the last of the stores is cleaned out...” TO “...the last of the stores are cleaned out.” --> Are you sure? Isn't the subject "The last of the stores", one and singular?
    • Typo: Radomyr's description, 4th line: Whatever TO “...uncommon to hear people speak of..”

Ch5

• Inconsistency: In Einartoft, after the first day fighting on the bridge, the text says, “Again you let the next line of varl push into battle when you don't dare to risk it anymore.” But this is the first time so “again” doesn't make any sense. Should i just remove "Again" or checke if there is a single different text for each day?
    • Typo: On reaching Einartoft, Krumr says... “far fewer of us than there once was.” This would be more correct, “There are far fewer of us than there once were.” Are you sure? Isn't the verb implied?
    • Typo?: In Einartoft, at the end of the scene where Eyvind: “the mender crumbles to the floor.” TO “crumples”
    • Typo: When Juno and the Serpent are talking: "fortelling" TO "foretelling"
    • Typo: When Rook and Alette are talking to Eyvind at the beginning of chapter 5, he should really say: “... there's nothing in the menders' libraries about that thing.” a bit unsure on this, how should i change it?

Ch6

• Typo: There's a missing word when Ubin joins Rook after leaving Einartoft. Whatever TO “It appears that large figures are following...” Currently you're missing a verb.
    • Typo: Missing quotation mark when Unnarr tells his tale. It should be “...ending with: “ War and death...” Currently you only have quotations at the end.

Ch7

• Typo?: When Bolverk lets you into Boersgard (with Sigbjorn in your party), the end of the paragraph reads: “You hear a laugh echoing on the wind as the doors creak. A dozen armed men led by the massive varl make quick work of the dredge, and usher you into the city” Shouldn't that be, “the doors creak open” instead?
    • Word choice: In the last conversation between Rook and Alette, Rook should probably say “What will you do when Bellower comes straight for the person holding the only thing that can destroy him?” instead of “What do you do when Bellower comes straight for the person holding the only thing that can destroy him?” As written, that phrase has always sounded really weird to me.
    • Inconsistency/Typo: At the end in Boersgard, after the stonesinger shows up, the word is not capitalized even though it was always capitalized at Einartoft.

TO DO:

Here's the 3 newest ones, though I think one you found not me.

1. Graywater Sea: Technically, there should be a comma after “swamp marsh” since that's part of its own descriptive clause.
    2. Spine Isles: Denglrs Bay is still missing the apostrophe.

Fasolt use TBS2 Bio.
    Last edited by YaK; 03-06-2017 at 08:49 PM.
    My mods: YaK's SSLTBS1 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga/mods/1 ) and Drake's & YaK's BS2 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga2/mods/2 )

Hey. I haven't been playing much lately since my brother roped me into helping him mod Baldur's Gate, but let me see.

1. You can definitely be paralyzed with fear or loss. You can also be paralyzed by fear or loss, though "for" doesn't really make sense in that context. So that should be fine with 'with'.

2. That whole phrase is kind of awkward. "The next one to leave will be considered a deserter" would make sense. Or something like "Any future trips will be considered desertion" should work as well if you wanted to make less changes.

3. Not sure about the fire in the woods. Which is why my note to Stoic had questions marks. I can't remember the exact context, but if it's dialogue, it should probably have quotations.

4. 'is' vs 'are' in that case is something of an unclear spot in English. It partially depends on whether you treat collective nouns as singular or plural (which is a difference between British and American English), and whether you consider the last of something to be more than one. Personally, I would say, "The last of the cake is gone" and "the last of the trees are gone", based on the quantity of the original item. And that's how I've generally seen it. So I would use "the last of the stores are gone" in that context.

5. For the fight at Eintaroft, removing 'again' might work even if they use the same text every day. But it might be worth checking to see if there are different options because using again for the 2nd or 3rd time you fight makes sense.

6. The problem with "far fewer of us than there once was" isn't a missing verb, it's the conjugation of was. You would say 'there once were few of us' so you need to say 'fewer of us than there once were.' Although, someone could probably argue about that plural too.

7. For "nothing in the menders' libraries about this thing", I think the issue was just the apostrophe in menders again. So as long as you make sure it's in the right place, it's probably fine. Unless I'm really misremembering that dialogue.

8. Also, I think stoic has generally been using lowercase stonesinger in the second game, so we might just want to go with that.

Okay, I think that's everything that had an actual question. Let me know if I missed anything.

Well, it seems is all,
    For now

Thanks, mate!

You're welcome. Grammar questions are a guilty pleasure of mine

So, in the future YaK's SSLTBS1 2.0 - Reforged - ( ) in addition to all the existing ones (and typos), there will be some new fixes:

• Ch3: If Eirik was dissed, [mogr]: "I wasn't able to get as many warriors from Strand as you wanted, and only half as many weapons." but nothing is added. Since if we help Eirik we get 100 varl, 100 fighters and 200 supplies, i think it's a bit unfair. "I wasn't able to get as man as you wanted" sounds like he get some, but not enough.

I though to correct this adding 50 varl and 35 fighters, but no supplies.
      What do you think?
    • Ch3: When Ludin go away alone from Ridgehorn, none of his fighter is removed. I assume that all humans (not only his initial 85 fighter entourage) will follow their prince (and die horribly), so i removed all the fighters.

• Ch5: After the dream with Juno, Eyvind awakens and Rook tells him he passed away for two days, but the day counter remains unchanged.

• Ch6: After you kill Onef, you're forced to camp and "Leave" button is disable until you talk to Ekkill (and unbind him if he was your prisoner, welcome him or send him away). Because it's odd that, if you leave withtout talking, he will be automatically added to the roster, without explanations.

• Ch6: In Reynivik, if you help Sig (and win), following option #2 or #3, will end in having this text when you leave the village: "With some help you gather up the casks of mead and head back to the caravan, Sigbjorn and the other survivors in tow. The caravan gives the boisterous varl a large berth as you set out for Boersgard.", but none actually joins except Sig.
      I counted every single entity in the Inn during the battle and there were 42 peasants, at least 8 people with armor and weapons (fighters)and a dog.
      So, i added 42 clansmen and 8 fighters. I am really sad not having the opportunity to add the dog. Poor dog.

• Ch7: When Hakon arrives in Boersgard, he will always bring with him 280 varl and 315 supplies. That's fine if Ludin (and the human fighters) are gone, but since we have no explanation that part of them returned to Strand after Grofheim/Einartoft and doesn't make any sense that Ludin's personal entourage is not going with him to Arberrang, i decided to add +62 fighters if the conditions are met. I arbitrary decided to add barely 1/3 of the max attaianable number of them at the end of Ch3, 185.

Have you got any suggestion, feedback or tiny details that bugs you?
    Last edited by YaK; 03-08-2017 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YaK View Post
    So, in the future YaK's SSLTBS1 2.0 - Reforged - ( ) in addition to all the existing ones (and typos), there will be some new fixes:

• Ch3: If Eirik was dissed, [mogr]: "I wasn't able to get as many warriors from Strand as you wanted, and only half as many weapons." but nothing is added. Since if we help Eirik we get 100 varl, 100 fighters and 200 supplies, i think it's a bit unfair. "I wasn't able to get as man as you wanted" sounds like he get some, but not enough.

I though to correct this adding 50 varl and 35 fighters, but no supplies.
      What do you think?
    • Ch3: When Ludin go away alone from Ridgehorn, none of his fighter is removed. I assume that all humans (not only his initial 85 fighter entourage) will follow their prince (and die horribly), so i removed all the fighters.
    • Ch6: In Reynivik, if you help Sig (and win), following option #2 or #3, will end in having this text when you leave the village: "With some help you gather up the casks of mead and head back to the caravan, Sigbjorn and the other survivors in tow. The caravan gives the boisterous varl a large berth as you set out for Boersgard.", but none actually joins except Sig.

I counted every single entity in the Inn during the battle and there were 42 peasants, at least 8 people with armor and weapons (fighters)and a dog.
      So, i added 42 clansmen and 8 fighters. I am really sad not having the opportunity to add the dog. Poor dog.
    • Ch7: When Hakon arrives in Boersgard, he will always bring with him 280 varl and 315 supplies. That's fine if Ludin (and the human fighters) are gone, but since we have no explanation that part of them returned to Strand after Grofheim/Einartoft and doesn't make any sense that Ludin's personal entourage is not going with him to Arberrang, i decided to add +62 fighters if the conditions are met. I arbitrary decided to add barely 1/3 of the max attaianable number of them at the end of Ch3, 185.

I would also like to edit the camp, when, after you kill Onef, you're forced to camp and could talk to Ekkill (and unbind him if he was your prisoner).
    It's a bit odd since you could "leave" the camp without talking to him and still have him in the roster. I plan to disable "leave" button until you've talked with him. We just need to see if i could understand how to do it

Have you got any suggestion, feedback or tiny details that bugs you?
    This all seems reasonable to me. Let me check my random document for other notes... Okay, I don't think you can deal with most of my wish list (since #1 is a quick save at the beginning of chapter 3 ) I've also got several conversational inconsistencies that bug me - like Ekkill talking about meeting me in Frostvellr even if we never met in Frostvellr. But you may want to leave that for Stoic.

Don't know if you can do anything about this one: At the beginning of chapter 5, Rook tells Eyvind that he's been unconscious for a couple of days but no time has passed since the end of chapter 4.

#Ch3 save point: I have not found a way to do that. It's not possible to save during a dialogue, so that firt dialogue between Mogr and Hakon it's always lost. Maybe (but i am not sure) i could let it happen when you LEAVE Vedrfell, but can't be sure. I'll try.

#I should investigate in Ekkill's one. Do you remember the exact dialogue?

#Yeah, i remember the Eyvind's one. I am unsure if it's better to let the time pass or change the text in "you've been unconscious for quite a while". Do you remember by chance at which point it happens?
    Last edited by YaK; 03-06-2017 at 08:32 PM.

Let me see...

If you can't get the Chapter 3 save point that's fine; it's just a huge pet peeve of mine

For Ekkill, I think it's actually most of his dialogue. But for a specific example, he mentions attacking me in Frostvellr after Onef's ambush even if I chose to leave the city at the end of Chapter 2 and that never happened.

Also, I think Eyvind's conversation happens just after leaving Eintaroft at the beginning of chapter 5.

All my other nitpicks are probably things stoic needs to look at, like the fact that I want to know what happens to the chief later on if he survives or that Egil mentions promising to protect Alette even if he never did.

Although, there is one more thing you might be able to do... Have you already fixed the fact that if you try to sleep in the abandoned giant hall after Onef's ambush and a bunch of clansmen die, no clansmen are subtracted from your caravan?

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatoskr View Post
    Let me see...
    For Ekkill, I think it's actually most of his dialogue. But for a specific example, he mentions attacking me in Frostvellr after Onef's ambush even if I chose to leave the city at the end of Chapter 2 and that never happened.

Also, I think Eyvind's conversation happens just after leaving Eintaroft at the beginning of chapter 5.

All my other nitpicks are probably things stoic needs to look at, like the fact that I want to know what happens to the chief later on if he survives or that Egil mentions promising to protect Alette even if he never did.

Although, there is one more thing you might be able to do... Have you already fixed the fact that if you try to sleep in the abandoned giant hall after Onef's ambush and a bunch of clansmen die, no clansmen are subtracted from your caravan?
    Yep, the latter is fixed in SSLTBS1 1.40, i should just merge the changes with the Lite v1.1.

Doesn't the chief die eventually? I remembering Oddleif talking of this in the ending part. She say he died for the wounds in Einartoft, but she didn't mention it to avoid stressing Rook.

Really? Maybe I missed that conversation somehow.

I remember saving the chief in the beginning and then having him never mentioned again.

I will echo here the dialogue if i found it.

Maybe we have already discussed something similar on the map, but, aside from the aforementioned libraries, does any of these need a correction? ("mender's protection" is obvious, i am not sure on the others)

"[eyvind] She's my mentor... on the mender council. She contacted me."

"[eyvind] I... promised him the mender's protection in Arberrang. I don't think he's very popular there."

"[onef] Suddenly they need our help instead of the mender council?"

"[juno] My name is Juno. I am on the Mender council. You've met Eyvind, my apprentice."

"[jorundr] I say it again to you, and the prince of men, and the whole mender council, were they here!",
    "[jorundr] I say it again to you and the whole mender council, were they here!",

(on the map)
    "Manaharr itself, connected to the mainland by an unexpectedly stable rope bridge, houses apprentices in training, the mender council and a vast library of writings and unusual items the menders have collected over time."

Detailed changes (SSLTBS 2.0) PART *whatever*: The Einartoft affair

This are the detailed modification needed to fix several intertwined bugs/inconsistencies regarding Einartoft events.

cin_snake.json.z:
    Add, line 273 this
    Code:
            {
              "type": "VARIABLE_MODIFY",
              "varname": "day",
              "varvalue": 2
            },
    This is to add two missing days when Eyvind awakens, after dreaming Juno, when Rook will say: "You were out for a couple days. How do you feel?"

cin_snake.json.z:
    Remove at line 67 this
    Code:
    					"[eyvind] \"They did,\" mumbles Eyvind, crestfallen. \"I've done everything I can. Gather Iver and the rest of your caravan, we'll leave for Sigrholm immediately.\"",
    					{
    						"divert": "krumrIWontBeComi"
    					},
    					{
    						"flagName": "5 lefteinar"
    					},
    					{
    						"flagName": "num_varl+38"
    					},
    					{
    						"flagName": "morale-30"
    					},
    					{
    						"pageNum": 0
    					}
    Since there is the same amount (38 varl, -30 morale) at line 110, that is the final part of the dialogue, so, chosing that branch will end in having +76 varl and -60 morale. Clearly a bug.

cnv_chat_lefteinar.json.z:
    various edits, line 165:

Code:
    "narratorWellJoin": {
    				"content": [
    					"[narrator] We'll join you. I bring supplies and warriors, and my friend Gunnulf here bears a heavy sword. I believe he'd be happy to swing it for you.",
    					{
    						"divert": "narratorWellJoin1"
    					},
    					{
    						"flagName": "supplies+30"            <---- "supplies+40"
    					},
    					{
    						"flagName": "num_warriors+15"    <---- "num_varl+15"
    					},
    					{
    						"flagName": "renown+15"
    					},
    					{
    					},
    					{
    						"notIfCondition": "gunnulfdied"
    					}
    				]
    			},
    			"narratorWellJoin1": {
    				"content": [
    					"[narrator] We'll join you. I come bearing supplies and warriors who would be happy to kill a dredge or two, I believe.",
    					{
    						"flagName": "supplies+40"
    					},
    					{
    						"flagName": "num_fighters+15"            <--- "num_varl+15"
    					},
    					{
    						"flagName": "num_varl+5"                  <--- remove this
    					},
    					{
    						"flagName": "renown+10"
    					},
    					{
    					},
    					{
    						"ifCondition": "gunnulfdied"
    					}
    				]
    			},
    Oversight from the devs ("num_warriors") plus an odd thing: there are no men left in Einartoft, so it's strange Ubin brings human fighters, they should be of course his retinue/Wyrmtoe's varl. Also edit to have the same amount of supplies (why not?).

**** WORKING IN PROGRESS ****
    Last edited by YaK; 03-09-2017 at 02:26 PM.

Detailed changes (SSLTBS 2.0) PART *whatever*: To Boersgard

cnv_pop_junoarrives2.json.z

Remove from Line 131

Code:
    		{
    			"flagName": "num_varl+280"
    		},
    		{
    			"flagName": "supplies+315"
    		},
    AND ADD IT to lines 91 and 111

Code:
    		{
    		},
    		{
    		},
    THEN

ADD to lines 11, 31, 51 and 71 the following

Code:
    		{
    		},
    		{
    			"flagName": "num_fighters+62"
    		},
    		{
    		},
    This way you get only Hakon's 280 varl if Ludin died in Ridgehorn and 280 varl plus 62 fighter (Ludin entourage) if the Prince survived and is going to Arberrang with Hakon (and all of his surviving forces, about 2/5 of the total he depart from RH, considering that also Hakon forces (600) are more than halved when arrive in Boersgard.

In saga1.json.z ADD near the bottom of the files these newly declare vars:

Code:
        {
          "name": "7 boerscaravan"
        },
        {
          "name": "7 boerscaravan1"
        },
        {
          "name": "7 boerscaravan2"
        },
        {
          "name": "7 boerscaravan3"
        },
        {
          "name": "7 boerscaravan4"
        },
        {
          "name": "7 boerscaravanlost"
        },
        {
          "name": "7_bellowercomes"
        },
        {
          "name": "6_noleave"
        },
    The six in green are needed to fix the bug that prevents you saving the clansmen (looking for abandoned houses etc.) in Boersgard if you reaload a game. The vars simply werent global, so not saved in the savefile and, as you reload, the game consider them "zeroed" (caravan not saved) and behave accordingly.

The other two are new vars needed by other fixes and will be explained in the proper section each.

In the same file, REMOVE at lines 1843, 1859 and 1875

Code:
              "battle_skip_finished": true,
    that, together with the next edit in btl_boersgard_provinggrounds.json.z: ADD starting at line 2581

Code:
     {
              "type": "BATTLE_END"
            },
            {
              "happening": "bellower_fight_completed",
              "instant": true,
              "restore_scene": false,
              "scene": "saga1/scene/part5/vlg_boersgard/vlg_boersgard.json.z",
              "type": "CAMP"
            }
          ],
          "id": "bellower_killed",
          "triggers": [
            {
              "type": "BATTLE_ENEMY_KILLED",
              "unit": "dredge_bellower_b1"
            },
            {
              "unit": "dredge_bellower_b2"
            },
            {
              "unit": "dredge_bellower_b3"
            },
            {
              "type": "BATTLE_WIN"
            }
    Will let the ending battle screen to show so renown gained in that battle will be correctly awarded too.

Last edited by YaK; 03-09-2017 at 06:22 PM.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast