Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [MOD] YaK's SSLTBS1 Fixpack (Spare Some Love To Banner Saga 1)

2 -- Yellow has infected you with his misplaced trees obsession!

3 -- I am not sure how those "triggers" work, but I can see how adding a placeholder-hero in the Roster is messy... Have you looked into the game files to see how other camp-convos with Ubin are initiated in Chapter 3? Maybe each hero is allowed only one such "camp convo" and so this one never shows up properly because Ubin gets another one earlier on?
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

2 - Indeed! Now i can't unsee them, faen trees!

3 - I've not looked at chapter 3 yet, i'll do, thanks! Anyway i think - and it's more a guess, since i haven't figure out how theese are handled yet - that bubble-convos are hooked to heroes.

if you look, using the console, at your caravan composition, you'll have a three column table, with the "id", a "talk" parameter and an "injury" parameter.

When "talk" is "3", that companion will have a bubble interaction in the next camp/village that will last for three "stops", of course if the conditions are fulfilled.

Since the prereq for Ubin talks are mutually exclusive, in any given moment you could have just one of the two possibile conversations.

This work well with pretty all the companions, since they are in the roster AUT are dead/missing.

With Ubin it's different, since, to prevent using it like a unit (he has a "placeholder" unit, a warleader) he's often removed/added to the caravan during the trip.

So, in the first interaction, when he talks to Hakon about Vognir, he IS in the caravan roster, then he's removed.

Adding it back at some point, for example just after the cart events before the Denglr's godstone, correctly trigger the talk at the next camp BUT you have Ubin in Heroes' tent.

The strange thing it's that in Vedrfell, he IS in the caravan BUT not in the Heroes' tent, so there should be a way to do that.
    Last edited by YaK; 05-24-2016 at 11:08 PM.
    My mods: YaK's SSLTBS1 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga/mods/1 ) and Drake's & YaK's BS2 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga2/mods/2 )

I think, therefore I am... I think.

Hi all guys!

I've just released a tiny new version of SSLTBS1 and updated the first post, here's the changes:

- Corrected the aforementioned typo.

- Corrected Juno pop text to reflect the fact that Rook is AHEAD of Juno, not BEHIND.

- Restored the aforementioned conversation with Ubin.

- Corrected another misplaced tree (removed).

- Removed the other tree instead of replacing/rescaling it.

Feel free to report suggestion/bug/how do you like cofee/anything
    Last edited by YaK; 05-25-2016 at 01:09 AM.
    My mods: YaK's SSLTBS1 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga/mods/1 ) and Drake's & YaK's BS2 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga2/mods/2 )

Quote Originally Posted by YaK View Post
    Hi all guys!

I've just released a tiny new version of SSLTBS1 and updated the first post, here's the changes:

- Corrected the aforementioned typo.

- Corrected Juno pop text to reflect the fact that Rook is AHEAD of Juno, not BEHIND.

- Restored the aforementioned conversation with Ubin.

- Corrected another misplaced tree (removed).

- Removed the other tree instead of replacing/rescaling it.

Feel free to report suggestion/bug/how do you like cofee/anything
    +1000
    "Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"

Dunno if you already corrected it, but there is also a small typo in saga1\convo\part6\cnv_pop_sigrproblems.json.z
    "Oddleif is already running their direction."

You might also bundle in the Tryggvi unlock into your mod, just requires a
    "start": 1
    added to saga1\saga1.json.z

As Aleonymous detailed in his post:
    https://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthr...Unlock-Tryggvi
    Faith is the Darkness to Reason's Light

I'll log Oddleif one, thanks!

For Tryggvi, i am not sure, i am still hoping stoic will release a tiny dlc for BS1 on steam.

Quote Originally Posted by YaK View Post
    For Tryggvi, i am not sure, i am still hoping stoic will release a tiny dlc for BS1 on steam.
    Giving Trygvvi to all in Saga2 is maybe the extent of what they're willing to do with him. I don't think they want to "break their promise" of him being exclusive to Saga1 pre-orders... Sometimes leaving things as they are causes less fuss!

Never thought at that. Do you think it will upset them if i add it to the mod? I know that the how-to is here since years and they have not complained yet (and it's the way i come to this forum ), but implementing it in a public mod it sound different to me.

I don't think they'd care. Back then, I contacted them about posting info on how to unlcok Tryggvi, and they said "sure, go ahead". So, I think they won't mind at all. Actually, anything that helps "circulate their coin" (i.e. get their game played more) will be more than approved. You can email them (send to their personal emails, john@ and arnie@) about this whole endeavor, so as to get in their "radar" with this whole UOS1P ("unofficial Saga1 patch") or whatchacallit

I'll think on that with the next version (in two weeks i think, since i am away from home with a really basic Pc that barely con run the game and i might need Zeno1, since TBS decompiler don't work properly with village/camp files).

I have already mailed them - to generic support and John - regarding some of the bugs we were discussing on steam forums (the one affecting the clansmen and so on after the serpent attack in Saga2 and the one on the save system and morale bug), they didn't reply me yet, i assume are really focused on Survival, so i don't want to mail bomb them

lol I sorta already emailed them my list and their response was:
    "Hmm, interesting -- I'll pass this list around and see what we can do about that. No promises on when though!"

Well, dropped and email to them. Better safe thant sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Drake713 View Post
    Dunno if you already corrected it, but there is also a small typo in saga1\convo\part6\cnv_pop_sigrproblems.json.z
    "Oddleif is already running their direction."
    I know it's shameful, but as a non native english speaker, i must ask: The typo in that sentence is the missin "in" before "their", right?

Yes, lol

I have corrected some of the thing you spotted, in detail:

- Fixed a new typo in an Ekkill conversation

- Fixed the typo in Oddleif conversation

- Fixed the Skogr's storehouse fight to protect the cart not giving any supplies, not it give 16.

- Fixed "We're going to wait them out" not advancing one day if you select it first.

- Fixed the wrong clansmen/fighters when Oddleif trains archers (-35 to -25)

- Fixed the goat interaction in wildfruit event.

- Fixed the third part of Missing event. Now you lose a clansmen when the boy die.

- Fixed the time travel event in Sigrhold

- Fixed the Ekkildied not correctly set when ambushing the cart (but i need to test it, just to be sure, since i don't have a proper save at hand right now)

Unfortunately i could not reproduce some bug you mentioned:

- The third batch of clansmen not joining after the fight out of Frostvellr.
    - The human ambush bug.
    - The second fight on bridge.

For the Onefstrikes event, i agree you should lose some fighters, but how many? Usually 32-35 fighters joins with Onef when leaving Frostvellr, in the dialogue Iver talks of about a dozen fighters, so i assume at the point of the story the should be around 20-25? I'd like to hear your opinion.

I still need to look in the abandoned house event to see if it's restorable in a satisfying way.

For the ekkilldied bug, I would argue that a more elegant way of fixing it would be instead of adding an ekkilldied flag to the cart attack and ambush events, instead go into the Nid conversation and change the check from being “ekkilldied” to instead check for “ekkilljoins”
    Of course this solution assumes that this is the only point at which this type of bug occurs, it is the only one I found but I could have missed another.
    Code:
    saga1\convo\part6\cnv_ally_nid.json.z

"nidEkkillsMenKil": {
            "content": [
              "[nid] Ekkill's men killed my husband, now Ekkill is traveling with us.",
              {
                "divert": "nidEkkillsMenKil1"
              },
              {
                "notIfCondition": "ekkilldied"
              }
            ]
          },
          "nidForALongTimeI": {
              "[nid] For a long time I was angry. Why did he get to live? Why did you decide for the rest of us?",
              {
                "divert": "nidWhenWeLeftIWa"
              },
              {
                "notIfCondition": "ekkilldied"
              }
            ]
          },
    For the third peasants join event outside Frostvellr, the issue is not after the fight, but instead if you choose NOT to fight the 3rd time.
    Code:
          "rookYouCanSeeThe": {
              "[rook] You can see the hope dashed on their faces, but they follow you back to the rest house all the same. You wonder if it would have worth it just to put their minds at rest."
            ]
          },
    For the battle bugs it only seems to happen when I use the “fsm state battle ai” console cheat, and I have no idea why it would produce that effect, but ya since it is tied to using a cheat, nevermind those ones.

For the onfestrikes event I read it as “we killed some and the rest ran off” so I would say it should be at least 35 fighters if not more since Onef was likely converting others to his banner before starting the mutiny. EDIT: Nevermind it actually does say just his fighters from Frostvellr.
    Code:
          "rookYourVisionBl": {
              "[rook] Your vision blurs and blood fills your sight. You gasp again. There's a bird whistle, and the camp becomes a blur of motion. Onef's fighters from Frostvellr leap into action, cutting people down.",
              {
                "divert": "onefAsOddleifTur"
              },
              {
                "flagName": "num_peasants-12"
              }
            ]
          },
    Code:
          "iverWeManagedToK": {
              "[iver] We managed to kill most of those traitorous sons of bitches and the rest fled into the woods.",
              {
                "divert": "aletteButGil"
              }
            ]
          },
    PS. on the missing supplies event why does it call on population instead of peasants? That is the only place I've seen in the game files that modifes population directly like that – could have unintended consequences leaving it as population instead of changing them all to modify num_peasants
    Last edited by Drake713; 06-09-2016 at 10:03 PM.

-Regarding the Ekkill bug, there is the possibility you have ekkill as a prisoner (and later, after the ambush and after the Nid talk event, you could free him), so i think it should be taken into account. I will also double check the other interaction in frostvellr to see if there is something missing, a possibile solution could be setting it to 1 whenever you left Frostvellr with "onefdied" true.

-Tomorrow i'll look also in the third peasants event, thanks!

- Agree, I think is just a oversight that incidentally works, so it's better to use num_peasants.

For the Onef thing, consider that of the 32-35 fighters (32 if you stay inside and go for the supply) there are some that could die in the 1-3 war or due to hunger that's why i was thinking of removing about 20/25 and not the entire flock.

It is only 32 if you stay inside and do NOT take the whole storehouse worth, not entirely sure why 3 more join up if you loot the whole place but w/e
    As for battles, I would assume Onef's men would make sure to stay behind others and avoid fighting and dieing in wars just cause they are cowardly bastards :P
    So as a compromise I'd say set it to 32, that way even if a player is playing sub-optimal it still makes sense and if a player is playing optimally then those 3 can be said to have died in wars

As for starving I assume anyone loyal to Onef would steal candy from babies so food would be no issue for them ;P

Update:

- Fixed the fight outside Frostvellr thing, now if you refuse to help the third group, they will join you (+39), but will be sad (-15 morale).

- Fixed the "Ekkidied" thing adding the ekkildied flag to cnv_pop_frosttookcart.json.z, since i thougt that "ekkilldied" it's also the var imported in BS2:

Code:
            "dst": "ekkill_state",
            "negate": true,
            "src": "ekkilldied"
    So this could possibly fix also unobviously bugs in BS2 when importing a savegame.

Plus, i found another two similar issues in cnv_fail_frostreturnekkill.json.z

Code:
          "rookAsYoureUncer": {
              "[rook] As you're unceremoniously dumped outside the gates of Frostvellr you count your blessings that Ekkill left the fight to his men, as he would have surely slit your throats, himself. You stagger to your feet and come up with a plan.",
              {
                "divert": "rookAsYoureUncer1"
              },
              {
                "flagName": "morale-10"
              },
              {
                "flagName": "onefdied"
              },
              {
                "notIfCondition": "2 frostsupplyfight"
              }
            ]
          },
          "rookAsYoureUncer1": {
              "[rook] As you're unceremoniously dumped outside the gates of Frostvellr you count your blessings that Ekkill left the fight to his men, as he would have surely slit your throats, himself.",
              {
                "divert": "rookOnefIsNowher"
              },
              {
                "flagName": "morale-10"
              },
              {
                "flagName": "onefdied"
              },
              {
                "flagName": "supplies-140"
              },
              {
                "ifCondition": "2 frostsupplyfight"
              }
            ]
          },
    I fixed the second one (failing battle in raiding the supplystore), but strangely the first one correctly set both "onefdied" and "ekkildied" as the game returns to the main village screen and i don't know HOW, i am faenly curious about this, if you wuold like to take a look i would appreciate, maybe i just missed it.

- For the Onefambush, let's say 30? We have a deal?

- Regarding the aboandoned village restoration, i am doubtful, because, where does that clansman will end? In Grofheim? In Einartoft?

To make something similar we should change several text along the game to reflect the change (Fasolt's lines, possibly Mogr's and Ludin's when you could send Ludin to Grofheim) and oddly enough, why would be Strand worse than any Varl city?

We could add that option to let them stay there, or tweak a bit with warriors (why don't send humans?) and stuff like that, but don't feel confident to let them join your caravan.

Anyway, here's the download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_...y1kLXQ3LXBHTkk

I will do a little more testing and then update the first post and steam's thread.
    Last edited by YaK; 06-10-2016 at 08:51 AM.

-Ya, I actually (almost) never check fail states, so good catch there!
    -No idea why it would set the flag on area transition, but setting the same flag twice should not cause any issues if you want to be safe.
    -I still like 32, but it is your mod :P
    -For the restoration, I had more of a mind that they would just disappear at Grofheim and never reappear with the assumption that they just stayed in Einartoft or returned to Strand at some point after the chapter transition. I agree that reworking other events to mention them is too much, if anything I'd just add some clansmen and let the consequence of the decision be that they are a constant drain on supplies over the course of CH3 when you could have just given them the supplies up front. Sort of following the theme of this event where altruism is punished :P
    Last edited by Drake713; 06-10-2016 at 10:46 AM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast