Thread: Thread of the needle bugged?

Thread of the needle bugged?

Hey, so after trying to create an account for the forum for banner saga 2 (impossible, tried everything) and having lost like half an hour, i created an account here. Though my question rather concerns BS2, i post it here, beeing unable to post on the other forum.

I am currently at the tent training exercise where i have to make use of thread of the needle. Despite the fact that i have always thought Alena to be a very weak character (no fix here, i will end up killing her), i just couldn't kill her in BS1 - what father should be doomed to watch his child die? Now i am faced with the training exercise having to make use of thread of the needle.

"Damage 2 enemies at once with Thread of the Needle" it says. So i do, i click the "special action" buttion, thread of the needle, there are 3 ennemies in front of me, i shoot - and nope, only the guy in front of me gets hurt. Hell, i even went to point-blank once just to try, no luck.

Any advice? Is this doable at all or bugged?

Hey there and welcome

What other forum are you talking about? This is the only Stoic forum I am aware of; perhaps this account also works in that "other" forum as well...

About Thread the Needle (TtN), two things came to mind:
    1. Try hitting only two enemies with TtN. Hitting three may bug out.
    2. Did any of the TtN-targets have a damage-canceling ability, e.g. a Stonewalled Raidmaster? This may be the problem...

EDIT: By the way, first two new member posts need mod/admin approval, so you gotta wait for me to approve them in order to appear "for all"
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Does it matter which enemy you click on? I have always clicked on the farthest enemy away from me because if you click on the closest it doesn't highlight the others. Is it possible for the arrow to not shoot all five squares? I'll go test it out now and see if that makes a difference.

I had some similar issue so I try to click the last square in a line. Don't know why it wasn't automatic.

Another consideration, can TtN deflect if the enemy has too much armor left?
    Faith is the Darkness to Reason's Light

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    Is it possible for the arrow to not shoot all five squares?
    Yup

Quote Originally Posted by Drake713 View Post
    Can TtN deflect if the enemy has too much armor left?
    No. TtN has that 100% chance-to-hit. I don't know if an item/talent buff can cause it to be deflected/dodged/diverted...
    Together we stand, divided we fall.