Thread: PS4: Import Savegame in BS2 from BS1

PS4: Import Savegame in BS2 from BS1

I canīt import my savegame from BS1 to BS2 (system: PS4). I get the following error message:

I have completed BS1 and the save game is stored on my account (when I load the BS1 savegame, I get to the point before the last cutscene + credis start):

Probable cause: I bought BS1 with my girlfriends account, but played it with mine. I bought BS2 with my account and canīt import the save. All on the same PS4, the PS4 is set to primary for my account. It should work, as the savegame form BS1 is stored at my account... Really a shame, wanted to start BS2 tonight.

Any advice? Anyone knows which kind of choices will be imported? Probably more than just Rooke or Alette..
    Last edited by Nerix; 07-30-2016 at 08:52 PM.

Hello there.

Yes, it seems that Saga2 is trying to pull any Saga1 saves from some remote (e.g. "PS4 Cloud" if that exists) location, instead of looking for locally stored files. This account-conflict should be the cause. Unless the game gives you the option to "manually" point to a valid save inside your machine's file-system (this works on Steam for example), I can see what else you can do.

In any case, you should contact support@stoicstudio.com (or help@stoicstudio.com) mentioning its a PS4 issue, because I don't know anything about that. You can also try contacting them through social media: fb, twitter etc.

As for what is imported:

1. Surviving heroes (including the all-important Alette/Rook dilemma)
    2. Caravan "assets": Items, Morale, Supplies, Population
    3. A couple of other choices*** e.g. (a) Did you destroy Einartoft bridge? (b) Did you save that Dredge baby?

*** All other important choices are actually "carried" by Heroes being dead or alive. For example, if Ekkill is alive (and Egil isn't) it means that you accepted Onef's caravan, or, If Ludin is dead it means Hakon did not protect him in Ridgehorn.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Thx for the answer. I tweeted them the link to this thread, hope there is a workaround or patch coming.

Just for clarification: the BS1 savefile is saved both locally and online (PS+ cloud) on my account. So I can't see a reason why the import shouldn't be possible :/

The problems could be:

(a) Import supported only from Cloud, so local saves are not even considered.
    (b) Imports from Cloud can be done only from the same account, so if Saga1 and 2 were from different accounts...

Lets hope they answer and find a solution for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    (b) Imports from Cloud can be done only from the same account, so if Saga1 and 2 were from different accounts...
    But thatīs the case, my savegame is stored locally and in the cloud on my account (as I played it with my account and not my girlfriends).

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    Lets hope they answer and find a solution for you!
    Yes, letīs hope Donīt want to start BS2 without my previous decisions.

Just to keep the topic up to date, I had a conversation with the support. They are looking into it and I gave them a few more details:

A possible second reason just came to my mind. I bought BS1 in the US PSN Store, BS2 in the European (German) store. Perhaps there is a difference between those versions (at least relevant for the save game import).

Like I said, the bs1 save game is stored on my account (same account I want to play bs2 with). With PS4 it's possible to buy a game with a different account than playing it.

To summarize:

BS1: bought with account 1 (US store), played and saved with account 2
    BS2: bought with account 2 (EU store), going to play with account 2

All on the same PS4.

Thanks for keeping your thread updated and here's hoping they find a/the solution!

Unfortunately no solution. The US savegame seems to be incompatible with the EU one. Ok, than I'll start the BS2 fresh, looking forward to it anyway

Hmmm, ok. Thanks for the heads up, and have fun on your fresh Saga2 playthrough