Thread: Cutscenes stutter (MAC) help

Cutscenes stutter (MAC) help

I recently got The Banner saga 1 as a gift from my sister.
    I was very exited i checked double if i had the right computer spec's before the gift would go to waste..

This is the minimum Requirements
    MINIMUM:
    System: MAC OSX 10.7.5
    Memory: 2 GB RAM
    Free space: 4 GB

My specs:
    System: MAC OSX 10.11.6
    Memory: 2 GB RAM
    Free space: over 20 gb
    Video card: Intel HD-video 3000 288 MB (but nothing is mentioned of need of any)

So i thought lets have some fun with this story driven game.

And right at the first cutscene it stutters like crap its just unwatchable, skipped the video and battle gamplay is just fine runs completely smooth.
    But Im not gonna play this game if i do have to skip the cutscenes it is no fun for me then.

I tried searching the internet for help, only thing i can find is help for windows. like disable vsync, you cannot do that in mac as far as i know and the game itself has 0 video options.

So i would like some help to fix this, and if it's not fixable and my macbook cant run it its falsely advertised and i want a refund.

Thank you kindly

Yes, your system specs might be a bit marginal. Not sure how to help you. But, here's my two cents:

1. The first two cinematic scenes of the game are actually AVI videos, and they are the only such videos in the game. You can manually open & watch those videos, locating them in the game installation folder. All the rest of the cut-scenes/cinematics of the game are "just" panned images. Do you have problem with those? Stutters during battles or when in camp/town/village are more fatal (not saying the others are not annoying).

2. Steam refunds are pretty simple to get (Google that for details), provided that: (a) you have less than 2 hours in the game and (b) less than 15 days have passed since the purchase.

Cheers.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.