Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [MOD] Drake's and YaK's BS2 Fixpack

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    2) I don't see anything wrong with that, really. I mean: dogs bark, cats meow, snakes hiss, right?
    3) Unfortunately I can't remember where I picked that up from... So, my guesses are as good as yours here.
    It's not about the hissing. It's about the flashing light. Just FYI . I think that sentence is my version of Yak's extra tree. It just bothers me.

Hi y'all, vikings!

Hopefully, in a few days there will be an update that will address:

a) A bunch of typos (one on the map and two in conversations);
    b) No people added when Aleo's village join you;
    c) A partial workaround for the achievements not giving renown after the first playthrough.
    d) Of course, compatibility with the last official patch.

But i need a bit of feedback for:

b) How many people should i add? It's a really small village, so i was thinking something around 40 clansmen, 11 fighters and a bunch of supplies (15-20). What do you think?

c) I have a partially working modded file, flytext on unlocking works, but renown don't get awarded for some achievements, for example importing a game, against all odds, the class specific killing ones ONLY IF done during a sparring fight and probably a few more. Godstones, unlocking in normal battles and possibly all the others works perfectly.

I suspect this is the normal behaviour also in an unmodded game, probably those chevos don't award renown on the first unlock neither (for against all odds, for example, it is due to the nature of the fight that is scripted without the ending battle screen).

There is the possibility that my modification will prevent achievements from unlocking in Steam if you have not them yet, but it's only a supposition and, since i don't want to mess in removing them with SAM tool to test it, i will gladly appreciate if someone else could do some testings.

Here's the file, put it in "..tbs2\assets\saga2\achievement" folder: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_...0hSVTI0eEFMV3M
    Last edited by YaK; 02-28-2017 at 07:27 PM.
    My mods: YaK's SSLTBS1 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga/mods/1 ) and Drake's & YaK's BS2 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga2/mods/2 )

I think, therefore I am... I think.

Good luck, have fun, YaK

(b) Yes, that's my estimation too: About a dozen families (daddy, mommy + two kids, maybe a grand-parent here and there), so: ~12 Fighters + 36-42 Clansmen. As for supplies, it's known that 1 unit of supplies sustains 100 persons for 1 day, so this village would need 0.5 units/day. Assuming they packed relatively fast (Rook/Alette press them), but they were well provisioned, I'd say 15-20 units is alright, if not a bit on the "plenty" side.

(c) How did you go about with this? By resetting all the cheevo-related global variables at some point post-launch?
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    Good luck, have fun, YaK

(b) Yes, that's my estimation too: About a dozen families (daddy, mommy + two kids, maybe a grand-parent here and there), so: ~12 Fighters + 36-42 Clansmen. As for supplies, it's known that 1 unit of supplies sustains 100 persons for 1 day, so this village would need 0.5 units/day. Assuming they packed relatively fast (Rook/Alette press them), but they were well provisioned, I'd say 15-20 units is alright, if not a bit on the "plenty" side.

(c) How did you go about with this? By resetting all the cheevo-related global variables at some point post-launch?
    Well, i must believe you, it's your village. So:

(b) I will go with 12 Fighters, 39 Clansmen and 17 Supplies;

(c) Do you remember that "local" entry (assuming it is awlays been there and it's not a new externalized data)? Well, now it works. Don't know if anything changed or i was assuming it doesn't basing my test on "broken" cheevos. I seems to remember there was a report of some of them not awarding any renown, am i correct?
    Last edited by YaK; 03-01-2017 at 09:38 AM.
    My mods: YaK's SSLTBS1 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga/mods/1 ) and Drake's & YaK's BS2 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga2/mods/2 )

(c) Hmm, ok. I vaguely recall these "local" entries, yes, but not any specifics. Currently streaming Saga2-SM to help the KS Community Achievements. After the KS is done, I will try to help/test, provided you'll be around

New version up and first post updated .

@YaK (and Rata & Gestalt) --

Can you confirm if the Shieldwall bug is still present in the vanilla game? Stoic said they might be able to provide the changelog for the latest patch (which was mostly about localizations), but with the end of the Saga3 KS campaign nigh upon us, I am not so sure they will promptly indulge us

I'll try to reproduce it ASAP.

As Douglas Adams would have said, the answer is 42.

lol, thanks YaK. But also: Dang...! They didn't bother fixing it

I suppose they will eventually need to fix it for Saga3, since it's based on the same engine. I just would like that porting the fix back to Saga1 and Saga2 will not require years...
    Last edited by YaK; 03-04-2017 at 09:54 PM.

Well, that's a different shieldwall bug than the one I usually get (usually I just can't attack armor after the shieldwall breaks), but clearly something is still glitching out.

It's the same bug, i just stressed out the results. The armor that ged added is not breakable, so when it sums up to a total > of your break, you could not damage it. This could also happen after you've altredy breked it a bit, so the target could have a non-suspicios armor value, but of unbreakable kind.

There are at least two different bugs:

- In my example, totally reproducible, when the three shield wall a near, the one in between get +4 armor adds, but when he moves, just 3 are removed.

- Some knockback/move effect (Battering Ram, backbiter's run throught and who know which others) prevent some armor bonus to be removed.

Each one could permanently add unbreakable armor points to the affected unit.

Very tiny stealth update: just two minor typos, if you would, re-download v.140 (not much worth the efforts of doing a new version).

Feeling lucky today: 2.39.02 patch doesn't affect a single file related to the mod, so it works without further updating

DnY'sBS2 Fixpack has just been updated to version 1.41, for those who wish to do replays in preparation for Banner Saga 3.

What's new in 1.41:

[FIXED] Unclickable buttons in camp locations, console errors, game crashes etc. You may have encountered some of these compatibility issues if you've attempted to use version 1.40 of this mod on the current game build (2.48.10).

[FIXED] A variant of the Missing Mogun import bug from a few Saga2 patches back. Mogun is alive and appears in the roster regardless of whether it was an import, but disappears no matter what you do in his subsequent conversation.

Code in RED is deleted.
    Code in GREEN is edited.
    Code in BLUE is new.

removed from wld_bindal.json.z (Line 90):
    Code:
    {

"happening": "9_battle_cart",
    "instant": true,
    "prereq": "9_cartfight",
    "type": "HAPPENING"
    },
    "id": "mogun", "prereq": "!9_cartfight && 9_kill_mogun", "type": "ROSTER_REMOVE"
    }, {
    "id": "mogun", "prereq": "!9_cartfight && 9_mogun_injured", "type": "ROSTER_ADD"
    }, {
    "id": "mogun", "prereq": "!9_cartfight && 9_mogun_injured", "type": "UNIT_INJURE"
    }

[FIXED] A bug in the second Raven's training session where whatever item Bolverk was equipped with gets duplicated, and cannot be unequipped.

modified from btl_training.json.z (Line 689):

Code:
          "spawners": [
            {
              "character": "training_warhawk",
              "facing": "SE",
              "location": {
                "x": 0,
                "y": 7
              },
              "tags": "scenario_set1_4",
              "team": "npc"
            },
            {
              "character": "training_bolverk",
              "facing": "SE",
              "location": {
                "x": 7,
                "y": 7
              },
              "stats": {
                "stats": [
                  {
                    "stat": "RANK",
                    "value": 6
                  }
                ]
              },
              "tags": "scenario_set2_shutdown",
              "team": "npc"
            }
          ],
    added to cast2.json.z (Line 739):

Code:
            {
              "stat": "KILLS",
              "value": 10
            }
          ]
        },
          {
          "appearance_index": 0,
          "entityClass": "berserk",
          "id": "training_bolverk",
          "name_token": "ent_bolverk",
          "saves": false,
          "stat_ranges": [
            {
              "max": 13,
              "min": 10,
              "stat": "STRENGTH"
            },
            {
              "max": 14,
              "min": 11,
              "stat": "ARMOR"
            },
            {
              "max": 10,
              "min": 3,
              "stat": "WILLPOWER"
            },
            {
              "max": 3,
              "min": 2,
              "stat": "EXERTION"
            },
            {
              "max": 4,
              "min": 1,
              "stat": "ARMOR_BREAK"
            },
            {
              "max": 4,
              "min": 4,
              "stat": "MOVEMENT"
            },
            {
              "max": 11,
              "min": 2,
              "stat": "RANK"
            },
            {
              "max": 3,
              "min": 3,
              "stat": "INJURY_DAYS"
            },
            {
              "max": 12,
              "min": 12,
              "stat": "BASE_UPGRADES"
            }
          ],
          "stats": [
            {
              "stat": "STRENGTH",
              "value": 13
            },
            {
              "stat": "ARMOR",
              "value": 14
            },
            {
              "stat": "WILLPOWER",
              "value": 8
            },
            {
              "stat": "EXERTION",
              "value": 2
            },
            {
              "stat": "ARMOR_BREAK",
              "value": 2
            },
            {
              "stat": "MOVEMENT",
              "value": 4
            },
            {
              "stat": "RANK",
              "value": 8
            },
            {
              "stat": "INJURY",
              "value": 0
            },
            {
              "stat": "INJURY_DAYS",
              "value": 3
            },
            {
              "stat": "BASE_UPGRADES",
              "value": 0
            },
            {
              "stat": "KILLS",
              "value": 10
            }
          ]
        },
        {
          "actives": [
            {
              "id": "abl_pin",
              "level": 3,
              "rankAcquired": 2
            },

[FIXED] A few line-duplication bugs in conversations with Nikels, Fasolt and Canary.

convo_11_convo_nikelsraven.json.z (Line 415):
    Code:
                "pageBreakNikelsN": {
                    "content": [
                        "<font face='Minion Pro Italic'>Nikels frowns at her.</font>",
                        {
                            "divert": "BolverkNikelsFro"
                        },
                        {
                            "pageNum": 0
                        }
                    ]
                },

Replaced all references to pageBreakNikelsN with BolverkNikelsFro
    convo_13_convo_fasolt.json.z (Line 644):
    Code:
                            "pageBreakFasoltF": {
                        "<font face='Minion Pro Italic'>Fasolt grows quiet.</font>",
                        {
                            "divert": "BolverkFasoltGro"
                        },
                        {
                        }
                    ]
                },

Replaced all references to pageBreakFasoltF withBolverkFasoltGro

convo_14_convo_canary.json.z (Line 513)
    Code:
                "pageBreakCanaryC1": {
                        "<font face='Minion Pro Italic'>Canary looks at you with a steady gaze instead of the constant movement you experience with Derdriu.</font>",
                        {
                            "divert": "HeroCanaryLooksA"
                        },
                        {
                        }
                    ]
                },

Replaced all references to pageBreakCanaryC1 withHeroCanaryLooksA

Download link here
    , but do check out the main post for more recent versions first.
    Last edited by nafeij; 05-04-2018 at 10:06 PM.

The current version of the mod, v141, will crash if you try to run it on the latest Saga 2 build 2.55.47, possibly because this build has a different way of handing the credit sequence.

I've created a temporary workaround while we try to address this. I've also updated Yak's fixpack for Saga 1.

Download link - GDrive

If you experienced any bugs with this branch do let either of us know.

Quote Originally Posted by nafeij View Post
    The current version of the mod, v141, will crash if you try to run it on the latest Saga 2 build 2.55.47, possibly because this build has a different way of handing the credit sequence.

I've created a temporary workaround while we try to address this. I've also updated Yak's fixpack for Saga 1.

Download link - GDrive

If you experienced any bugs with this branch do let either of us know.
    My game is still crashing with the fixpack, even with this version. Just to let you know. Both tbs1 and tbs2.
    It may be because I'm on GOG rather than Steam and we're only up to 2.48.10

Edit, okay I was wrong. The original version of 2.42 works for me, it's the corrected version that makes my game crash. Probably again because GOG is a build or two behind. Which makes me sad as always ;-p
    Last edited by Ratatoskr; 07-26-2018 at 10:01 PM.

This versioning is making me mad.

@YaK Sorry!

Ok, I've made/removed some changes that had been causing conflicts with the patch. Namely, in the training senario in which you are supposed to KO Bolverk, one of the asset files that controlled the logic of the battle (btl_training.json.z) has a conflict. The mod had fixed the issue about item duplication, while the recent update tried to address the 'too little enemies' issue that mean't that Bolverk could not be turnlocked. I've reverted the fix for item duplication until a way to consolidate the two modifications can be found.

I've also edited the file that defines all the UI text, such that it works with the new audio adjust button.

Download here - v145

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast