Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [MOD] Drake's and YaK's BS2 Fixpack

Quote Originally Posted by Drake713 View Post
    Went back over my list to check against your change log, just wanted to confirm a couple things with you.

-Did you keep my change to convo\part9\cnv_9_rnd_oli_gather2.json.z that addressed this concern?
    The line “He seems oblivious to the trouble he caused with the mushrooms.” seems to indicate that there was supposed to be some additional outcome from the previous event (likely tied to the flag 9_oli_ate_shrooms) since this hints at design elements not in the release version... bug?
    Uh,no. Were there other changes in that convo aside the o1/o2 thing? I've redone most of the changes anew, after comparing the latest official files and your patched files.

-My fix to leaving Bindal was only partial, do you think the same number of clansmen should be added when helping to clear the gate as when looting the greathouse or trying to battle your way out?
    convo\part11\cnv_11_pop_post_battleoutside.json.z
    convo\part11\cnv_11_pop_bindal_gates.json.z
    convo\part11\cnv_11_pop_bindal_greathall.json.z
    No, why? Those paths have others outcome not involving clansmen (items, renown from battle, supplies when screaming at the gate etc. etc.).

I'll also list the unfixed/unfixable bugs just so others can see what is left to do, if not by us then by the devs:

If you import a save from TBS1, it by default does NOT give you the kills and renown earned from the Bellower fight, and if you try to force it to do so by renaming your "resume.save.json" from just AFTER that last fight to "sav_finale.save.json" TBS2 rejects the save as being from a completed game (bug?)
    NOT Fixable
    Yep, this is a Saga1 save system problem. Hereos items/promoting, renown and supplies imported are "freezed" at the point Hakon join you/you choose who will shot the arrow. All the changes done after that are lost. I guess the game just flag that save with a "completed" variable and go on. Maybe it's possible to compare that save and the one after (if there is one) and look for something useful, anyway could not be automatically fixed by us, since save system is not soft-coded.

If you click on the volunteers you will be committed to this path with no way to go back to the Houses option above, bug?
    convo\part13\cnv_13_pop_oldford_train.json.z
    TODO: might not be fixable
    Sincerly i've not looked in the issue, because it seem not a dialogue problem, but i guess is boolean variable flagged on click on the voluunters, and with the current tools it's not possible to edit vlg/camp things, TBS Decompiler mess something while saving that kind of files and break all the "clickables".

convo\part14\cnv_14_convo_canary.json.z
    All options lead to the same result; option 3 implies a gain of supplies but none are added, bug?
    Yes, there should be some supplies gained and some fighters gained, for the fighters part, i zeroed that value since it is imbalancing and let out also the supplies thing. Maybe in the future we could expand the whole event.
    Last edited by YaK; 11-20-2016 at 07:42 PM.
    My mods: YaK's SSLTBS1 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga/mods/1 ) and Drake's & YaK's BS2 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga2/mods/2 )

I think, therefore I am... I think.

Aye, convo\part9\cnv_9_rnd_oli_gather2.json.z had a 2nd "bug" fix as detailed in that quote - altering that one sentence to make more sense imo

You might go back and read the end of those other paths, the valka has different responses along the lines of "Well you might not have helped clear houses but at least you fighting them gave us the time to evacuate"
    Basically her dialogue seems to indicate that it should not be 600 clansmen for every choice but maybe less than that for choices like looting the greathall.

The rest was as I said "so others can see what is left to do, if not by us then by the devs"
    Faith is the Darkness to Reason's Light

Aye, convo\part9\cnv_9_rnd_oli_gather2.json.z had a 2nd "bug" fix as detailed in that quote - altering that one sentence to make more sense imo

You might go back and read the end of those other paths, the valka has different responses along the lines of "Well you might not have helped clear houses but at least you fighting them gave us the time to evacuate"
    Basically her dialogue seems to indicate that it should not be 600 clansmen for every choice but maybe less than that for choices like looting the greathall.

The rest was as I said "so others can see what is left to do, if not by us then by the devs"
    Totally missed it! Strange, i used a "Compare" plugin for Notepad++ and Winmerge. Could you upload again or write down the modification? Your old dbox link is dead and i don't have your files anymore. If it's the case, i'll include the modification in the next update.

Regarding the Bindal thing:

Gudmundr says \"We didn't load enough supplies or sweep the city to make sure everyone is at the mine, but your help with the dredge outside bought us some time. Thank you.\"

So, it seems fine as it is, in my opinion.

Houses= Save 13 people more and morale;
    Battle Outside= A little fail, some renown but possibility to lose some fighters;
    Great Hall= Theft or nothing (with two possible items as reward);
    Gate= Different bonus to supplies (nothing, +30 or +100 and renonw);

All adds up to the +450 clansmen, +84 fighter and +100 base supplies.
    My mods: YaK's SSLTBS1 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga/mods/1 ) and Drake's & YaK's BS2 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga2/mods/2 )

For the OldFord thing, here's the culprit code, in cls_oldford.json.z:

Code:
        {
          "actions": [
            {
              "type": "POPUP",
              "url": "saga2/convo/part13/cnv_13_pop_oldford_defense.json.z"
            },
            {
              "id": "click_houses_oldford",
              "prereq": "13_battle_eyeless_barricades",
              "type": "ENABLE_CLICKABLE"
            },
            {
              "id": "lettering_houses",
              "type": "ENABLE_SPRITE"
            },
            {
              "id": "click_training_oldford",
            },
            {
              "id": "lettering_training",
            },
            {
              "type": "VARIABLE_SET",
              "varname": "folka.talk",
              "varvalue": 1
            }
          ],
          "id": "click_houses",
          "triggers": [
            {
              "click": "click_houses_oldford",
              "type": "CLICK"
            }
          ]
        },
        {
            {
              "varname": "13_oldford_volunteers_clicked",
            },
            {
              "url": "saga2/convo/part13/cnv_13_pop_oldford_train.json.z"
            },
            {
              "id": "click_houses_oldford",
            },
            {
              "id": "lettering_houses",
            },
            {
              "id": "click_training_oldford",
            },
            {
              "id": "lettering_training",
            },
            {
              "varname": "folka.talk",
            }
          ],
          "id": "click_training",
            {
              "click": "click_training_oldford",
              "type": "CLICK"
            }
          ]
        },
    You could try to edit it and flag it ONLY at the end of the conversation (since it's used to determine the layout of Eyeless battle), but as i said, i don't know if it will work. Anyway it doesn't seem a bug to me, probably, on the contrary, they forgot to implement properly "13_oldford_houses_clicked", since it ise declared but not used.
    Last edited by YaK; 11-20-2016 at 11:47 PM.

Odd, the file is still there on Dropbox so the link should still work, but what I had changed is as follows:
    Original: “He seems oblivious to the trouble he caused with the mushrooms.”
    ->
    Mod: "He seems oblivious to the trouble this dilemma presents."

That was my phrasing at least.
    Faith is the Darkness to Reason's Light

EXTENDED CHANGELOG - PART I

Code in RED is deleted.
    Code in GREEN is edited.
    Code in BLUE is new.

Of course, syntax is corrected accordingly, but this is not necessary reflected in the code portion copied here as examples. Fear not! All the "," are in the right places .

#TWEAKED The starting difficulty setting from "Normal" to "Hard" in saga2.json.z. Too often is happened that i have started a new game and notic it was at "Normal" instead of "Hard" only after quite a while, maybe screwing also the achievment for hard. So the change, since switching from "Hard" to "Normal" don't break anything . It's just a personal tweak but it's so a minimal one that i don't want to do another package just for my personal use.

Typos & "strings.json" modifications"

For a detailed list of typos fixed (by file) look here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_...XBXLXRYMnE0N1U

For a report of differences in "strings.json", look here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_...1RFanRIc1pwbXM

Chapter 8

#FIXED When leaving Aleo's village, no clansmen, fighter or supplies are added.

added in cnv_8_convo_herodoubt.json.z (Line 121) and in cnv_8_convo_herodoubt_alette.json.z (Line 758):

Code:
              {
                "flagName": "num_peasants+39"
              },
      		  {
                "flagName": "num_fighters+12"
              },
    		  {
                "flagName": "supplies+17"
              },
    #FIXED The second part of "Ship Kids" random event not happening, due to an error in the first part.

Removed from cnv_8_rnd_shipkids_1.json.z:

Code:
              {
                "flagName": "8_rnd_shipkids_2"
              }
    from the first, the second and the fourth dialogue options, since setting that var to "1" means that the SECOND part of the event it's already done and should be discarded from the possibilities. The third option it's the "safe" one and work as intended.
    #FIXED The second part of "Ship Kids" random event showing some odd text on screen and wrongly removing another clansmen.

Removed in cnv_8_rnd_shipkids_2.json.z:

Code:
          "iverAsTheRiverCa": {
            "content": [
              "[iver] As the river calms, the mother's tirade of how you killed her son puts everyone on edge. \"No one really blames you,\" Iver says, \"but they're all upset and that generally lands on you. We just keep going.\" ",
              {
                "flagName": "num_peasants-1"
              },
              {
                "flagName": "morale-5"
              },
              {
                "flagName": "renown-4"
              },
              {
                "ifCondition": "your_fault"
              }
            ]
          }
    and

Code:
                "linkPath": "convoyWhileBraci",
                "notIfConditions": null,
                "option": "{branch} if ship_kids1_bad"
              },

#FIXED An unnecessary but potentially dangerous (when importing in Saga3, in the future) "dagre_alive" setted to "0" in the event on the river, when you see a burning village, that happens if you don't stop.

Removed in cnv_8_pop_savemore.json.z:

Code:
          "convoyTheOtherSh": {
              "[convoy] The other ships follow your lead while nearly everyone averts their eyes from the smoking village. Rugga looks impressed.",
              {
                "flagName": "dagr_alive=0"
              },
              {
                "flagName": "rugga_decision+1"
              }
            ]
          },

#FIXED a missing linkpath in Iver conversation in Ormsdalr, at the end of the Chapter.

Added in cnv_8_convo_ormsdalr_ivertalk.json.z:

Code:
          "oddleifButTheRav": {
              "[oddleif] \"But the Ravens have been hoarding supplies this whole time and they're trying to take off with them.\"",
              {
                "divert": "oddleifJunoAndHa"
              }
            ]
          },
    Chapter 9

#RESTORED A full conversation between Bolverk and Krumr, that will now trigger as soon as you camp.

Added tosaga2.json.z, in the "id": "9_start_postmap" codeblock portion:

Code:
            {
              "varname": "krumr.talk",
              "varvalue": -1
            },
    AND this "action" at line 8664

Code:
        {
            {
              "scene": "saga2/scene/stage/stg_village_snow2/stg_village_snow2.json.z",
              "type": "CONVO",
              "url": "saga2/convo/part9/cnv_9_convo_krumr.json.z"
            },
            {
              "varname": "krumr.talk"
            }
          ],
          "id": "talk_krumr",
            {
              "type": "TALK",
              "unit": "krumr"
            }
          ]
        },
    #FIXED Two location that should start a random quest, but didn't.

Modified wld_bindal.json.z:

Code:
              {
                "id": "9_pop_refugees",
                "loadBarrier": true,
                "position": 3871
              },
              {
                "id": "9_post_refs",
                "position": 3900
              },(added)
              {
                "id": "9_rnd_quests",
                "position": 4415
              },
              {
                "id": "9_increase_snow",
                "position": 4656
              },
              {
                "id": "bk_9_snow",
                "position": 4850
              },
              {
                "id": "9_increase_snow2",
                "position": 4872
              },
              {
                "id": "9_post_refs",
                "position": 4900
              },(removed)
              {
                "id": "music_9m2-L2",
                "position": 4950
              },
              {
                "id": "9_fog_up",
                "position": 5225
              },
              {
                "id": "9_pop_snowstorm",
                "loadBarrier": true,
                "position": 5299
              },
              {
                "id": "9_rnd_quests  ",
                "position": 5784
              },(Removed an additional space after"quest" that prevent the event from triggering)
    The placement of the "9_post_refs" flag teleports you past the random event - instead of being located at 4900, "9_post_refs" should have been placed around 3900.

#FIXED Second part of Oli's "Gathering" random event is broken, not awarding the correct reward (+9 supplies) in one of the five outcomes, not showing another one at all and causing a console error due to a wrong speaker tag;

cnv_9_rnd_oli_gather2.json.z:

Code:
          "ravensAFewOfTheO": {
              "[convoy_ravens] A few of the others grab some of the berries while marching. No one seems worse for eating them, though you're forced to suffer Oli's self-elated grin awhile. ",
              {
                "divert": "ravensAFewRavens"
              },
              {
                "flagName": "supplies+9"
              },
              {
                "ifCondition": "o1"
              }
            ]
          },
          "ravensAFewRavens": {
              "[convoy_ravens] A few Ravens risk eating the berries while marching. They seem fine even after a few hours, so the men congratulate the nearly comatose Oli for his sacrifice. ",
              {
                "flagName": "supplies+15"
              },
              {
                "flagName": "morale+10"
              },
              {
                "notIfCondition": "o1"
              }
            ]
          }
    Deleted all the reference to the useless "o1"/"o2" variables (not declared), removed all the useless recursive "divert" section and rewrited the event in a simple manner: there are 5 options and 5 outcomes, so no need of a condition block, just rewrited the linkpaths.
    Chapter 10

#FIXED In "Hunting" random event, you will not get any supplies if you choose "Let the hunters hunt";

Added in cnv_10_rnd_wildhogs.json.z:

Code:
       "convoyhumanTwoHo": {
              "[convoy_human] Two hours later, you hear the hunters returned with a decent-size boar. One hunter was also injured but will recover.",
              {
                "flagName": "supplies+10"
              }
            ]
          },

#FIXED When you defend Lundar the events are handled a bit oddly and you could end getting two times the reward or not. Now all the events are redone in a much more rational flow;

There are plenty of changes in cnv_10_pop_lundar_saved.json.z, so it's better to look directly at the files.
    Briefly:
    #1 Saved Houses ---> +5 renown; Solvi's Method; added text "And here, to show my thanks.";
    #2 Saved Houses+Market ---> +5 renown; Solvi's Method; added text "and here's a little something, to show my gratitude.";
    #3 Saved Houses+Great Hall ---> +5 renown; Solvi's Method;
    #4 Saved Market ---> +5 renown;
    #5 Saved Market+Great Hall ---> +5 renown;
    #6 Saved Great Hall ---> Nothing;
    #7 Didn't Save anything ---> Nothing.
    The Ch12 part, when Lundar EFFECTIVELY could joins you, it's not modified.

Chapter 11

#FIXED "cnv_11_pop_dredgescouts_victory" & "cnv_11_pop_dredgescouts_fail.json.z" should happen BEFORE meeting Zefr, not AFTER.

Added in saga2.json.z:

Code:
    LINE 2193
    		{
              "prereq": "battle_victory",
              "url": "saga2/convo/part11/cnv_11_pop_dredgescouts_victory.json.z"
            },
    		{
              "prereq": "!battle_victory",
              "url": "saga2/convo/part11/cnv_11_pop_dredgescouts_fail.json.z"   
            }
    REMOVED in cls_bindal.json

Code:
    LINE 135

{
              "prereq": "battle_victory",
              "url": "saga2/convo/part11/cnv_11_pop_dredgescouts_victory.json.z"
            },
            {
              "prereq": "!battle_victory",
              "url": "saga2/convo/part11/cnv_11_pop_dredgescouts_fail.json.z"
            }
    #FIXED When you search houses in Bindal it's clearly stated that you return with an old drunk lady and 12 childern, but no clansmen are added.

Added in cnv_11_pop_bindal_houses.json.z.json.z:

Code:
          "convoyhumanTheCh": {
              "[convoy_human] The chaos at the mine entrance halts at your arrival. \"Bolverk Bloodaxe with a drunk woman over one shoulder and a dozen children in tow,\" Valka Zefr says. \"And they say the gods are dead.\" The villagers laugh while frantic mothers scoop up their children.",
              {
                "divert": "convoyravensTheC"
              },
              {
                "flagName": "num_peasants+13"
              },
              {
                "flagName": "morale+20"
              }
            ]
          },
    #TWEAKED A flavoured converstaion between Bolverk and Sparr, that would trigger ONLY IF you end up in a battle with skulkers.

Moved, in wld_cave.json.z, from line 737 to line 370, effectively changing the prereq for the talk event:

Code:

{
              "varname": "sparr.talk",
              "varvalue": -1
            },

#FIXED A bug that prevented some lines of text correctly showing, when Nikels sacrifice himself.

Modified cnv_11_convo_nikelsraven.json.z and cnv_11_pop_nikelsraven.json.z (i presume just one is actually used, but better safe than sorry):

Code:
          "nikelsKillFor": {
              "[nikels] \"Kill for...\"",
              {
                "divert": "theMendersFacePa"
              },
              {
                "flagName": "11_nikels_raven=0"
              }
            ]
          },
          "nikelsReallyNike": {
              "[nikels] \"Really?\" Nikels says. \"I mean, great. I mean, I will. Thank you.\" He walks off beaming. Folka shakes her head and chuckles.",
              {
                "flagName": "11_nikels_raven=1"
              }
            ]
          },

#FIXED At the end of Ch11, choosing "Step back" in the conversation regarding the Stonesinger, abruptly ends the dialogue;

Added in cnv_11_convo_tunnelstonesinger.json.z:

Code:
          "folkaAnotherValk": {
              "[folka] \"Another Valka making you do her bidding.\"/==/",
              {
                "divert": "zefrHeIsWoundedA"
              }
            ]
          },

Second part in the Next post...
    Last edited by YaK; 03-01-2017 at 07:51 PM.

EXTENDED CHANGELOG - PART II

Chapter 12

#FIXED In the first part of "The Witch" event, no clansmen added when the old lady joins or supplies removed when you give her food and water;

Added in cnv_10_rnd_crazywoman.json.z:

Code:
          "heroYouCutTheWom": {
              "[$hero] You cut the woman free and she slumps to the ground, weak. A few others help you get her into a cart and give her some water. She smiles at you once before falling asleep.",
              {
                "flagName": "10_crazy_woman2"
              },
              {
                "flagName": "num_peasants+1"
              }
            ]
          },
          "heroYouWaveTheCa": {
              "[$hero] You wave the caravan on and stay behind to cut the woman free. She slumps to the ground, weak. You leave her water and a small amount of food. As you walk away, she screams gibberish that chills you, but you don't look back.",
              {
                "flagName": "10_crazy_woman2=2"
              },
              {
                "flagName": "supplies-1"
              }
            ]
          },

#FIXED In the second part of the same event, no clansmen is removed she departs;

Added in cnv_10_rnd_crazywoman2.json.z:

Code:
          "heroWhatAHandsom": {
              "[$hero] \"What a handsome man,\" she says, reaching crooked fingers toward your face, but stopping before she touches you. \"My people have hidden food in the next copse of trees. Take it in good health.\" Without another word, she walks off into the countryside, alone.",
              {
                "flagName": "supplies+75"
              },
              {
                "flagName": "num_peasants-1"
              }
            ]
          },

#FIXED In "Blue Fires" random event, no morale is awarded when [i]"The clansmen cheer your bravery and adventurous spirit";

Added in cnv_10_rnd_ghosts.json.z:

Code:
          "convoyTheClansme": {
              "[convoy] The clansmen cheer your bravery and adventurous spirit. The celebratory sounds guide the missing clansmen back to the caravan and all are unharmed but one: the young man known as Kaif. He won't speak, but occasionally jerks his chin to the right.",
              {
                "flagName": "morale+15"
              },
              {
                "flagName": "10_ghosts_kaif"
              },
              {
                "flagName": "num_peasants+4"
              },
              {
                "flagName": "num_fighters+8"
              }
            ]
          },

#FIXED Typo in a conversation with Rugga, after the fire in Ettingbekr;

Edited cnv_10_convo_rugga_fire.json.z:

Code:
    "/=Clansmen start mumbling, and you are not certain they're on your side.=/",
    #CHANGED***: After the population is scattered during the Serpent's attack, people that come out confused from the forest are not a fixed number anymore, but a percentage. This is part of the "Serpent's attack/Rugga rejoining" Fix

Edited cnv_10_pop_regrouping.json.z:

Code:
          "convoySeveralHum": {
              "[convoy] Several humans and a few varl wander out of the Old Wood to rejoin the caravan. Almost all look dazed, moving by rote rather than purpose; not much different than you and the scant few left of the caravan. Iver pulls you aside.",
              {
                "flagName": "num_peasants*1.2"
              },
              {
                "flagName": "num_fighters*1.15"
              },
              {
                "flagName": "num_varl*1.19"
              }
            ]
          },
    #FIXED A line of text that shows twice at the end of Ch12;

Modified cnv_10_convo_goodbyes2.json.z:

Code:
          "junoSpeedWillBeY": {
              "[juno] \"Speed will be your ally now. With so few, you should be able to outpace whatever comes your way.\"",
              {
                "divert": "HeroYouConsiderW"
              }
            ]
          },

Chapter 13

#FIXED "The Hole" random event, not awarding morale bonus "The others all cheer at your words";

Added in cnv_13_rnd_hole.json.z:

Code:
          "convoyravensTheO": {
              "[convoy_ravens] The others all cheer at your words, the memory of the cave still fresh in their minds.",
              {
                "flagName": "morale+10"
              }
            ]
          },

#FIXED Fasolt would like to take revenge of Rook/Alette for destroying the bridge in Saga1 when they didn't and acts in a normal way if they've destroyed it. Now the conditions are correctly switched;

[QUOTE]Modified cnv_13_convo_fasolt.json.z:

Code:
          "hisQuestionMakes": {
              "/=His question makes you tense, though you're unclear why.=/",
              {
                "ifConditions": [
                  {
                    "ifCondition": "!saga1_einartoft_bridge"
                  }
                ],
                "linkPath": "fasoltWaitWhichH",
                "notIfConditions": null,
                "option": "{branch}"
              },
              {
                "ifConditions": null,
                "linkPath": "bolverkAHunterNa1",
                "notIfConditions": [
                  {
                    "notIfCondition": "!saga1_einartoft_bridge"
                  }
                ],
                "option": "{branch}"
              }
            ]
          },
    #FIXED Dead Gudumundr referred as alive in the end of Ch13;

Modified & Added in cnv_13_pop_oldford_end.json.z:

Code:
          "folkaBolverkFolk": {
              "[folka] \"Bolverk!\" Folka shouts. \"Take the cart! Get to Manaharr! We'll hold them here as long as we can!\" The shieldmaiden's voice clears your head for a moment. You see her turning proudly, commanding Ravens into formation and Gudmundr to lead the clansmen to Arberrang.",
              {
                "divert": "folkaBolverkFolk1"
              },
              {
                "ifCondition": "gudmundr_state"
              }
            ]
          },
          "folkaBolverkFolk1": {
              "[folka] \"Bolverk!\" Folka shouts. \"Take the cart! Get to Manaharr! We'll hold them here as long as we can!\" The shieldmaiden's voice clears your head for a moment. You see her turning proudly, commanding Ravens into formation.",
              {
                "divert": "folkaSheLooksBac"
              },
              {
                "ifCondition": "!gudmundr_state"
              }
            ]
          },
    Chapter 14

#FIXED***: During Rugga's Dialogue, you could get back all or half of the people you lost just after the Serpent's attack. Now it's tweaked to consider in the count also the few rejoning the caravan just out of the woods. It's part of"Serpent's attack/Rugga rejoining" Fix
    #FIXED In the same event, days only increment if you're playing with Alette (day+1);

Modify in vlg_rugga.json.z.json.z:

Code:
                  {
              "expression": "num_fighters+(12_caravan_half_fighters*0.8)",
              "prereq": "!14_battle_rugga",
              "varname": "num_fighters"
            },
            {
              "expression": "num_peasants+(12_caravan_half_peasants*0.8)",
              "varname": "num_peasants"
            },
            {
              "expression": "num_varl+(12_caravan_half_varl*0.8)",
              "varname": "num_varl"
            },
    #FIXED***: AFTER confronting peacefully with Rugga, you get back not only all the people that were scattered after the attack of the Serpent, but also, AS A PLUS, another 200 clansmen, 80 fighters and 30 warrior. This was a leftover of the old implementation of the event. No more free population out of nowhere; Part of"Serpent's attack/Rugga rejoining" Fix
    #FIXED In the same event, days only increment if you're playing with Alette (day+1);

Removed and added cnv_14_convo_rugga_arrives.json.z.json.z:

Code:
          "theGovernorAndHi": {
              "/=The governor and his guard walk toward the village.=/",
              {
                "flagName": "num_peasants+200"
              },
              {
                "flagName": "num_fighters+80"
              },
              {
                "flagName": "num_varl+30"
              },
              {
                "flagName": "day+1"
              }
            ]
          },
          "heAndHisGuardHea": {
              "/=He and his guard head towards the village for food and sleep before you head out.=/ ",
              {
                "flagName": "num_peasants+200"
              },
              {
                "flagName": "num_fighters+80"
              },
              {
                "flagName": "num_varl+30"
              },
              {
                "flagName": "day+1"
              }
            ]
          },
    #FIXED A random event that should have triggered after Canary and his herd join you, but it was probably left out (or it was a bug, who knows). It involves clansmen complaining on horseborns, cause they are "naked". Tweaking this event also have the side effect of letting Canary be avaible in the roster at the end of her first conversation, after the bridge battle, and not only in the last Arberrang battle. Probably in an early version of the game that series of events was planned to be a bit more complex, since in the gamefiles there are also leftovers of her joining with around 300 fighters and more. Anyway i don't want to unbalance the game, so just the text is restored and you will not gain any fighters nor supplies;

Modifiedcnv_14_convo_canary.json.z:

Code:
          "canarySorryForFi": {
              "[canary] \"Sorry for fight, not know it you.\"",
              {
                "divert": "sheSpeaksYourLan"
              },
              {
                "flagName": "14_hb"
              },
              {
                "flagName": "14_horseborn_join"
              }
            ]
          },
    and also, to avoid 323 horseborn from joining

Modifiedwld_arberrang.json.z:
    Code:
            {
              "prereqs": [
                {
                  "varname": "14_horseborn_join",
                }
              ],
              "type": "VARIABLE_MODIFY",
              "varname": "num_fighters",
              "varvalue": 0
            }, 

#FIXED During the last fight in Arberrang, sided with the King, chosing "Hakon, can you stop them at the gate?" will start a battle with the default "Charge" unit placement, not the one in which Hakon is ahead of the other units.

Added incnv_14_pop_arb_war_setup_king.json.z:

Code:
          "hakonWhatYouCant": {
              "[hakon] \"What? You can't shove this barricade forward yourself, human?\" Hakon smiles, excited by the war, the very thing at which he excels.",
              {
                "flagName": "14_arberrang_battle_choice=3"
              }
            ]
          },

***:
    For further details, read this thread on Steam's forums. #1 and #2 and an half are fixed by this fixpack, #2 Was officially fixed by Stoic. Here's a visual recap of the problem, as it was at the beginning: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Y...pOUTN6dVE/view
    This is an example of how work now, with real numbers taken from my savegame:

Rejoining.jpg
    Last edited by YaK; 12-13-2016 at 07:39 PM.

RESERVED (Just in case).

I'll also list the unfixed/unfixable bugs just so others can see what is left to do, if not by us then by the devs:

If you import a save from TBS1, it by default does NOT give you the kills and renown earned from the Bellower fight, and if you try to force it to do so by renaming your "resume.save.json" from just AFTER that last fight to "sav_finale.save.json" TBS2 rejects the save as being from a completed game (bug?)
    NOT Fixable
    Yep, this is a Saga1 save system problem. Hereos items/promoting, renown and supplies imported are "freezed" at the point Hakon join you/you choose who will shot the arrow. All the changes done after that are lost. I guess the game just flag that save with a "completed" variable and go on. Maybe it's possible to compare that save and the one after (if there is one) and look for something useful, anyway could not be automatically fixed by us, since save system is not soft-coded.

NOPE NOPE NOPE !

I proved myself wrong.

It could be fixed!

Curious thing, in Saga1, actually Bellower fight didn't award any renown.

Any interest in my running list of typos/other oddities for BS2?

I've been making one much like my BS1 list, though not quite as long yet. And I haven't bothered to double copy the map typos since they were identical. I sort of asked this question in the other thread too, so reply wherever you want.
    Last edited by Ratatoskr; 12-06-2016 at 06:02 PM.

Moved Rata's posts to a new thread: https://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?3816, so that they won't be "buried forever" in here
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Hail, Vikings!

New version UP! Changes&Details in the updated first post.

You will not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by YaK View Post
    You will not be forgotten!
    You, certainly won't! Do you include an updated main-menu screen that mentions the patch version, or do I have to modify mine?

It's included, but yours is better! I am pretty lame at image editing (GIMP).

I use paint.NET, which is supposedly less "powerful". Got plenty of plugins though, and is more light-weight and easy-to-use than GIMP, I think. The steps I used are quite simple, really:
    0. Install the Vinque font, used in stylish text by the game (it is free, I think -- the other font is Minion Pro, which is prioprietary), in your OS; make sure the image-editing software can access the newly-installed font.
    1. Insert the text object in a fresh layer (black letters).
    2. Use drop-shadow (w/ blurred edges) plugin for the fancy beige outline.
    3. Merge-down the new layer and save into PNG w/ transparency.

@Yak As requested, this is your reminder that, "The Serpent hisses just before a flash of light" could probably still use another verb. Although Microsoft Word at least doesn't think it's a fragment anyway.

Hey guys, i'll try to do a "Hit & Run" update to the pack, currently i have just a few minor things to put into it half-ready:

1) Typo in "Skogr" map location.
    2) The aforementioned "The Serpent hisses..." - How do you suggest i modify it?
    3) Another Typo repored on Steam forum (T03), if i could find in which files it's located (don't remember the conversation).
    4) Maybe a few missing tooltip/messages (don't know if i'll be able) Update: I AM NOT.
    5) A Slightly modified Starting screen which report the version of the mod.

Have you any ideas/suggestions?
    Last edited by YaK; 01-29-2017 at 05:54 PM.

2) I don't see anything wrong with that, really. I mean: dogs bark, cats meow, snakes hiss, right?
    3) Unfortunately I can't remember where I picked that up from... So, my guesses are as good as yours here.

Just couldn't resist this:

https://mentalfloss.com/article/68816...nd-scientissst

Seriously, Yak, thank you for all your work!!

Well, thanks SM. Being fascinated by reptiles, i am ashamed that i didn't know that snakes could growl and fart! NOW I KNOW AND IS SCIENCE! https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/...?dopt=Abstract

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast