Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Game On - Banner Saga 2 with John, Arnie & Chris

Cool Game On - Banner Saga 2 with John, Arnie & Chris

Stoic Games founders, John Watson and Arnie Jorgensen interviewed and Eurogamer's Chris Bratt joins Adam to discuss what is certainly one of the G.OT.Y. for 2016, Banner Saga 2 in the latest episode of 5Live's Podcast.

Enjoy!

https://audioboom.com/posts/4856288-...hn-arnie-chris

5Live.jpg

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Arnie and I sat down for this interview in the hotel lobby of the Guoman Tower Hotel in London, when we were in town for EGZ Rezzed.

The interviewer, Adam Rosser, did a great job, and the podcast turned out really well. Lots of insightful observations about the game.

Tower Bridge is my favourite London bridge! It was a good interview and the lobby wasn't too 'noisy' - at least not most of the time.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    And I think that I even kept my incomprehensible southern accent in check while responding!

Nice photos (John is still tall and Arnie still dons the goatee), and an interesting interview. I think the british tones overshadowed any unchecked southern accent, John, at least to my "neutral" ears!

One of these guys mentioned the turn-order 'issue'... After the success of the Saga2 SM, are you reconsidering having the regular/classic turn-order in the main game, maybe as an option, aside from the "viking" turn-order currently in-place?
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Now that we've done the technical work of allowing it to work either way, seamlessly, we could certainly add some kind of switch. Maybe even as simple as a command line option at first, for the truly hardcore. Our options screen is already loaded down with randomly added stuff and really needs a reorganization before we start adding more things to it.

Good news! It will surely make all these people that shunned the game(s) due to the turn-order system reconsider; it's surprising how ready some players are to discard a game based on such a "detail"... Do you think this switching can be effectuated in Saga2 (regular campaign) via modding, as things are now?

ESC menu/Options screen definitely needs re-organization. You should probably design a sub-menu feature to your main menu.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

All of this is very exciting!! If I may interject one observation outside of the game, my southern accent is loved by those from around the world who listen to my twitch streams My friends have accents, too!