Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Requesting Community Assistance - Beta Testing TBS1 on Steam

Glad to see there will be another patch coming, and you've already fixed a few of my issues. In fact, I'm very happy to see the Chapter 4 supply changes and including training kills for promotions would be great. As would increasing the second wave item drops.

I've actually been keeping a running list of bugs/suggestions/things that seem like errors from my most recent GOG play through, so I figure I'll post it here too. I'm curious to see if anyone else has hit similar issues, though I have deleted things that have already been mentioned. The second half is for the Banner Saga 2, but I figure they're related and some of the things I mentioned should probably be considered when importing saves. Particularly the Yrsa issue.

Banner Saga 1

Errors/Oddities:
    1. The description of Onef's ambush in my game includes him killing Egil even when Egil is already dead

2. Most of Ekkill's dialogue assumes that you met (and probably joined) him in Frostvellr. I usually stay outside the city and meet Onef by ambushing the supply cart (and then choose not to go in) so Ekkill's dialogue can be quite jarring. I find myself wondering how a total stranger knows my name.

3. Even if you save the chief, he's never mentioned again and I'd like to know I'm not cheating on him with Oddlief later on. If he's dead or we left him somewhere, a quick message would suffice.

Suggestions:

1. I know you can mod the game to include Trygvvi and I intend to, but ideally there would be an easier way to get him for us Kickstarter backers who don't use Steam.

2. This may not be possible, but I'd really love a retroactive addition of the clansmen bonus to the first game. I always try to keep my caravan from starving because I feel horribly guilty if they do, but it would be nice if there was an in game bonus for doing so.

3. I would really like my crest banner to always appear in camp either as the option or the default. There are so many cool options, it seems a shame that it only shows up with Rook.

Banner Saga 2

Bugs:
    1. (both games actually) The potential damage on Raidmasters doesn't always read correctly. Sometimes it will show up as zero even when he hasn't used his ability and attacking him still does normal damage. Unfortunately I haven't found a consistent way to replicate this, but it happened most recently in Battle 10 of Survival Mode.

2. If I kill an enemy with the very specific combination of using Impale to move them and trigger Alette's Overwatch ability, my turn doesn't end properly. It will switch to the next character eventually if I don't touch anything, but it takes much longer than it should.

3. If Eyeless possesses Yrsa and then uses Slag & Burn, I cannot seem to attack enemies who are standing on her coals. Trying to click them just gives me the coal description instead.

4. Crest banner in camp seems to be missing.

Errors:
    1. This may not actually be an error, but it seems weird that Yrsa returns in Chapter 8 even if she was lost with Ludin and Bersi at the tower in the first game rather than disappearing in the forest. If Ludin and his entourage were overrun by dredge, she should probably be dead. At the very least, I'd like an explanation. Currently she still asks Hakon how Ludin died and that makes no sense when she was there.

2. Bersi joining Bolverk doesn't make sense. If there is a reason for him to abandon Ludin, there should be at least one conversation between the varl to explain what that could be.

Suggestions:
    1. I would like a list of achievements for the normal game so that I know which ones I've gotten and which ones are left without having to use Steam or look them up online. If nothing else, I sometimes get an achievement without having any idea what it's for and I find that irritating. Even if they were just listed on GOG Galaxy, that would help.

2. I would also like an option to make Bellower see-through in the last battle of survival mode. It's hard enough already without being unable to see my characters because he's standing in the way.

3. Once again, I would really like an option to have the crest banners appear more consistently. I know the ravens have their own banner, but since mine appears in battle, I'd prefer that it appear in camp as well.

I am playing on easy (cause I didn't think any one else would) . . . I am on the top for the tower after crossing bridge and in the first fight. Following the battle, I cannot move on with the game because when I click the continue button, I get no results. I am stuck here.

Chapter 4 and 5 completed. More stuff:

36. [Suggestion] Morale fluctuates too often, mostly by small changes, while not affecting the state of morale (Great-Good-Normal-Weak-Poor). I recommend you revise your HUD to include a continuous meter, e.g. like the day-counter circle but around the morale "face"; whenever morale changes you can just discretely flash that part of the HUD. Moreover, applying a -10 Morale at the end of each day on the road is bit "gamey"; I recommend you apply a -1 per tenth of the day, w/o the flytext (unless the Morale state changes).

37. [Inconsistency] Krumr, the legendary Varl warrior, starting at Rank 1? Sounds kinda weird... I can understand Iver/Yngvar starting at low rank, given that he's the only varl around humans (so he's the strongest unit) and that he's rusty from his long absence from the "art of war".

38. [Suggestion] Training Tent matches should be skippable from the "Assemble Heroes" screen, without having to actually get into the battle.

39. [Inconsistency] Backbiter veteran portrait/sprite is that of Dagr, from Saga2.

40. [Bug] Battle stuck (turn wouldn't pass on) after the Dagr-looking BB veteran did a Run-Through.

41. [Suggestion] Equipped item icon/thumbnail could show on bottom-left portrait-corner, instead of the generic golden-ring icon. Alternatively, hovering over the golden-ring could show a tooltip with the item description.

42. [Inconsistency] Stonesingers should give more than +1 Renown. One serves as a mini-boss in the end of Ch4, so it's the very least you could do, to add a few more Renown on his corpse!

43. [Balance] Einartoft bridge fights in Ch5 do not seem to escalate in difficulty; I'd have expected the last one (when Iver rejoins and Fasolt is assumed dead) to be much more difficult.

44. [Inconsistency] Caravan population does not increase: [1] after leaving Einartoft (text says "many varl join you") and [2] when Ubin catches up (text says "I bring many fighters"). These have been mentioned by other players lots of times.
    Last edited by Aleonymous; 11-08-2016 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Added a two Ch5 remarks
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

A few more things. Mostly suggestions but a few errors.... And I mostly play on normal if that makes a difference.

Errors:

1. It looks like my most recent GOG save has fixed the Egil/Onef ambush issue. It's just the direct download game that still has it. But my direct download somehow linked itself to steam after the last patch so it may not be the best example. Still this is a reminder to check all the different versions.

Also, in the same ambush (with Egil dead), it seems weird that the text says Oddleif is dead and then she's not dead later. Even just changing it to, “you think Oddleif is dead” or something similar would help.

Finally, would it be possible to give Rook a wound after Onef stabs him? It's always seemed like a strange inconsistency that he isn't bleeding in his conversation with Alette.

2. In the conversation with Nid after you get her, she talks about Ekkill killing her husband and traveling with you even when Ekkill isn't with you. Not sure if this is fixed on Steam, but it's definitely still around in at least one of my games.

Also, thinking about the issue with importing games without Yrsa, I guess game 1 just needs a differentiation between "gone in the forest Yrsa" and "dead in the tower Yrsa" for when you import. Currently, both give you the "Yrsa comes back with scars result" and that still seems wrong.

Suggestions:

1. In game achievements (again for us non-steam people)

2. I second skipping or expediting the tutorial; I'm working on about 10+ variations at this point and I could probably do it in my sleep.

3. I also feel like you may have nerfed normal Bellower a little too much and think +3/+3 might be better. But then again, I've always played a break focused game and never found him all that hard.

4. I actually liked the fact that your people could heal by traveling in BS 1 and was sorry to see it go. But I suppose if the last half of the game isn't such a starvation-fest, the change will be all right.

5. Speaking of starvation, the game gets a little weird if you let your entire caravan die and then keep playing. I know most people won't do this but you can and a lot of things stop making sense.

6. I agree that we should see Grofheim burning longer. Let the image really sink in. Though I'm not sure how I feel about have the map label written there. I definitely found it jarring the first time.

7. Also, just, what does the view stats button even do? If the answer is nothing for the GOG version, I'd kind of like it to disappear.

8. It would be nice if the description of the person I'm attacking always disappeared once my attack starts. Currently the description disappears if I use an ability but remains on the screen if I attack strength or armor and it sometimes covers up the animations. Plus I usually play on windowed mode and space is at a premium.

9. When you start with low willpower due to poor morale, you should be able to rest back up to your maximum. Currently, resting does nothing unless you've already used at least one willpower, which could actually be a bug if that's not intentional.

10. If you don't want to show the same crest banner in camp for the whole game, let me pick two - one for Rook and one for Hakon.
    Last edited by Ratatoskr; 11-06-2016 at 03:34 PM.

Hey there Rata Good to see some backers back here (apart from stoicmom, of courss)! Some notes on the points you raised:

a. Steam should be the most updated version of the game. The GOG version and, especially, the downloadable DRM-free (for you backers) could be outdated.

b. On Willpower Penalty from low Morale: I think that not being able to raise your Willpower by Resting (on first rounds of battle) is an intentional mechanic. Else, the system is easily exploitable when you have "convenient" deployment zones (which happens quite often).

c. I agree that the whole Crests/Banners things needs to be more pronounced, especially in Saga2. It helps make the Saga more personal, and not just an adventure through the eyes of "strangers".

Hi there I should probably check in more often but I don't have consistent internet anymore. That's one reason I mostly play Banner Saga on GOG these days. And that game is actually fully patched to what they have at least.

a- Yeah, I figured Steam was the most updated. But I thought I'd mention a few of the issues I've seen just in case they're still around. A nudge to have testers check on Nid and Ekkill's dialogue if nothing else. And some bugs may react differently between different versions. I've kind of given up on my DRM free download ever since it somehow linked itself to Steam (I have every Steam achievement without ever installing the game, which is a neat trick) but there are probably some people who still use it.

b- it may well be intentional, but it's still annoying. If I'm starting with 2 out of 5 willlpower, I feel like I should be able to rest in order to regain it. Or at least get a message saying it's not possible like when you try to use the horn on a character with full willpower.

c. Glad I'm not the only one who wants more of the Crests. And especially in 2 sounds right. I don't know if it was a glitch, but when I camped with Rook my banner often wasn't there. I can understand Bolverk having the Raven banner instead (although, in that case, he should probably have a raven symbol in battle as well), but Rook should definitely have mine.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    18. [Suggestion] "Indisposed heroes"-- Heroes in the caravan but not available for the current battle could appear in the Roster but be marked somehow as "unavailable". It's sometimes frustrating to see heroes you just talked to being unavailable. Also, the grayed-out Roster portraits of Heroes in the Party ain't gray enough, in my opinion...
    Good suggestion for the backlog, not in scope for this update.

19. [Bug] Battle stuck-- In a sparring fight, Bersi did a Tempest, Ubin commented on that, but then turn wouldn't pass on to the next enemy unit. The sky-blue circle kept rotating around Bersi. I had to exit training. I can provide logs if you like.
    Yes, logs would be great. Please send them to help@stoicstudio.com, reference this thread, and tell them to make a QA ticket for it ASAP. It will go into the next round of testing.

20. [Inconsistency] Talents-- Saw a mention of them in the pre-Promotion pop-up window: "Higher Stats and Talents" together with "Increase your Item Rank" etc
    Will fix

21. [Inconsistency] Player head-count in War was all zeros, for my Varl and Fighters, even though I had hundreds of them. It happened in all Wars.
    Will fix

22. [Suggestion] Wars-- Enemy head-count should be less accurate, for example rounded in to the closest hundred: 1325/1389 Dredge should be referred to as "over 1300" / "close to 1400".
    Out of scope

23. [Suggestion] Wars-- Loot drop-chance for winning second waves should be increased. The only reason worth taking 2nd waves is Renown, now that Kills from sparring fights count and assuming that population and Morale effects are negligible. I took on five second waves and got no items. I actually think it should be 100%... Hakon's caravan has too few items and few markets, whereas it fights half a dozen Wars, in Chapter 3.
    Will do

24. [Inconsistency] War-- Resolution break-down (Promotions, Injuries, Items) does not show for War battles; at least not after winning second waves. Only the Kills/Casualties banner is shown, and then the total Renown.
    Might defer fix to next update

25. [Bug] Battering Ram not causing extra BRK damage from going through other units. It happened at least once, on Griss. I can provide logs.
    As above, please send them to help@stoicstudio.com, reference this thread, and tell them to make a QA ticket for it ASAP. It will go into the next round of testing.

26. [Check]-- I didn't notice any "+2 Renown" mini-banners when killing high rank enemies, like Dredge Destroyers (blue-variety Scourges). Does it work like in Saga2, or all enemies are +1, flat? EDIT: A Stoneguard Colossus (purple), killed in the Stonesinger fight in Einartoft/Ch4, did produce a "+2 Renown" banner.
    Hmm, this should be working. Dredge Scourge ent_dredge_scourge_3 "Scourge Destroyer" are indeed rank 2. You can double check with the 'battle entities' console command.

27. [Reminder] Stoneguard Kindle AI is still kinda buggy. Honestly, I think that more-often-than-not it's best not to move the Stoneguard if it decides to perform Kindle...
    Yeah Kindle is pretty stupidly used most of the time. It's on the backlog, probably out of scope for this build.

28. [Suggestion] Hero close-travel (caravan) mini-sprites could show when in Camp or in a Town/village; you know standing outside some tent etc.
    Backlog

29. [Inconsistency] Fasolt's promotion portrait is blank
    in battle-resolution screen.
    Will fix

30. [Suggestion] The Schlid Varl that join you in Chapter 3 don't bring any Supplies at all. Weird, considering there's a couple hundred of them.
    Will fix.. although you probably have plenty o' supplies in chapter 3 anyway, no?

31. [Suggestion] Godstones are sometimes hard to see in world-travel mode. Maybe they could have their name written over them, in cyan, like major cities do.
    Backlog

32. [Inconsistency] Ridgehorn fort (close travel) only shows manned and populated by Varl only after you enter the Heroes tent. It should show like that right after you exit the little convo where Hakon tells Mogr to set up defenses and clear any hiding Dredge.
    Backlog

33. [Inconsistency] Slinger variety called "Marksman" is a bit off, since we later find out that they're actually Dredge females.
    It's probably ok, because the characters probably assume they are male, if anything.

34. [Suggestion] Grofheim burning should be shown for a longer time, before it cuts out to Chapter 4. It's one of the best scenes in the game and it's literally shown for one second...
    Will fix

35. [Bug] Shieldwall bonus kept even though adjacent Raider was killed: Look how Iver can do zero ARM damage to this green Thrasher, whose remaining 2ARM is most likely from Shieldwall; notice the fallen beige Thrasher. For the record, +WIL did not increase the damage, and I went for it anyhow, and it didn't reduce (so, at least it's consistent!).
    Attachment 270
    Please send to help@stoicstudio.com for addition to the testing pass. Will try to fix.

Thanks for the response, John. I will try to locate the logs containing the three battle bugs in questions and email them to you. As for some of the other points:

26. (+2 Renown banners) -- I killed a few more purple Stoneguard and got +2 banners. So, maybe I didn't pay close attention, or the blue Scourge on Ridgehorn tower top is a different entity? Will try to double check.
    30. (Chapter 3 supplies) -- Yes, supplies are not an issue in this chapter.
    33. (Slinger Marksman) -- True.

Also, in case you missed them, I'm re-listing the most pertinent points from my other two posts (1-9 and 10-17)

9. [Check] Sparring/Training Tent: Kills count for Promotions -- Seems like that Saga2 change found its way to Saga1. Nice You should maybe stress this in the patch notes, as a lot of players struggle to get Kills on their heroes from story battles.

14. [Check] Item prices -- The rates have dropped to 2R/ItemRank, like in Saga2, instead of the 5R/rank... Intended?

16. [Check] Skogr battle #3 -- When choosing to fight for the supplies and then getting Iver to recapture some of the carts, the ensuing battle takes place on this board. Is this correct? I think the board was once again one with houses etc.

---

EDIT: Logs for battle bugs #19, 25 & 35 were unfortunately overwritten and thus lost You should have more log files, or at least "pack" (zip) the old ones and only dump them after 2 weeks or so. Anyway, I'll only email you the log for bug #40 (a Run Through that got the battle stuck).
    Last edited by Aleonymous; 11-07-2016 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatoskr View Post
    Hi there I should probably check in more often but I don't have consistent internet anymore. That's one reason I mostly play Banner Saga on GOG these days. And that game is actually fully patched to what they have at least.

a- Yeah, I figured Steam was the most updated. But I thought I'd mention a few of the issues I've seen just in case they're still around. A nudge to have testers check on Nid and Ekkill's dialogue if nothing else. And some bugs may react differently between different versions. I've kind of given up on my DRM free download ever since it somehow linked itself to Steam (I have every Steam achievement without ever installing the game, which is a neat trick) but there are probably some people who still use it.

b- it may well be intentional, but it's still annoying. If I'm starting with 2 out of 5 willlpower, I feel like I should be able to rest in order to regain it. Or at least get a message saying it's not possible like when you try to use the horn on a character with full willpower.

c. Glad I'm not the only one who wants more of the Crests. And especially in 2 sounds right. I don't know if it was a glitch, but when I camped with Rook my banner often wasn't there. I can understand Bolverk having the Raven banner instead (although, in that case, he should probably have a raven symbol in battle as well), but Rook should definitely have mine.
    Not a lot of activity here, but Stoic is obviously trying to shift things into motion with this recent beta-testing round

a- I have Ekkill in my current playthrough (chained up, currently in early Chapter 6), so I will have eyes out for the bug you mentioned.
    b- I think a message for that would be the best solution. They could just revise the tooltip-on-hover on the willpower stat icon (the morale "face") to include this information.
    c- Folka seems to hold the Ravens heraldry, whereas Bolverk is just... Bloodaxing!

Not a lot of activity here, but Stoic is obviously trying to shift things into motion with this recent beta-testing round

a- I have Ekkill in my current playthrough (chained up, currently in early Chapter 6), so I will have eyes out for the bug you mentioned.
    b- I think a message for that would be the best solution. They could just revise the tooltip-on-hover on the willpower stat icon (the morale "face") to include this information.
    c- Folka seems to hold the Ravens heraldry, whereas Bolverk is just... Bloodaxing!
    a. For Nid's conversation, you actually need a game without Ekkill to see if she still mentions him. I guess you could kill him after the ambush so he isn't around.
    Depending on how you got him, you could also check some of the dialogue. The most recent one I noticed was that Ekkill talks about attacking me in Frostvellr after Onef's ambush even though I never went into the city and that never happened.

b. a message would be fine with me. I'd just like something so I don't waste a bunch of turns trying to rest before I notice.

I wonder if I should go back through and color code my posts as well since I didn't get a response from John this last time

11.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatoskr View Post
    A few more things. Mostly suggestions but a few errors.... And I mostly play on normal if that makes a difference.

Errors:

1. It looks like my most recent GOG save has fixed the Egil/Onef ambush issue. It's just the direct download game that still has it. But my direct download somehow linked itself to steam after the last patch so it may not be the best example. Still this is a reminder to check all the different versions.

Also, in the same ambush (with Egil dead), it seems weird that the text says Oddleif is dead and then she's not dead later. Even just changing it to, “you think Oddleif is dead” or something similar would help.

Finally, would it be possible to give Rook a wound after Onef stabs him? It's always seemed like a strange inconsistency that he isn't bleeding in his conversation with Alette.

2. In the conversation with Nid after you get her, she talks about Ekkill killing her husband and traveling with you even when Ekkill isn't with you. Not sure if this is fixed on Steam, but it's definitely still around in at least one of my games.

Also, thinking about the issue with importing games without Yrsa, I guess game 1 just needs a differentiation between "gone in the forest Yrsa" and "dead in the tower Yrsa" for when you import. Currently, both give you the "Yrsa comes back with scars result" and that still seems wrong.
    All good points. We probably won't address these in this build, but good fodder for the backlog.

Suggestions:

1. In game achievements (again for us non-steam people)
    Agree would be nice. We took a step in that direction with the TBS2 Survival Achievements, but haven't addressed it for general achievements yet.

2. I second skipping or expediting the tutorial; I'm working on about 10+ variations at this point and I could probably do it in my sleep.
    We added this functionality to TBS2 so we can probably back-port it into TBS1. Not this update, though.

3. I also feel like you may have nerfed normal Bellower a little too much and think +3/+3 might be better. But then again, I've always played a break focused game and never found him all that hard.

4. I actually liked the fact that your people could heal by traveling in BS 1 and was sorry to see it go. But I suppose if the last half of the game isn't such a starvation-fest, the change will be all right.
    Maybe... but fully 1/2 of players who make it to Bellower don't ever beat him. That means they don't see the end of the first game, nor continue on to the second game. That's a pretty tight funnel.

5. Speaking of starvation, the game gets a little weird if you let your entire caravan die and then keep playing. I know most people won't do this but you can and a lot of things stop making sense.

6. I agree that we should see Grofheim burning longer. Let the image really sink in. Though I'm not sure how I feel about have the map label written there. I definitely found it jarring the first time.
    Will fix for this build.

7. Also, just, what does the view stats button even do? If the answer is nothing for the GOG version, I'd kind of like it to disappear.
    You are correct, it should not be visible on platforms that don't support this.

8. It would be nice if the description of the person I'm attacking always disappeared once my attack starts. Currently the description disappears if I use an ability but remains on the screen if I attack strength or armor and it sometimes covers up the animations. Plus I usually play on windowed mode and space is at a premium.
    Agree, this would be a nice improvement. Next update perhaps.

Arg, that Frostvellr situation! I actually want Ekkill alive, to port my saves in Saga2. But, wait: Nid joins _after_ Onef's betrayal? In this case, I can dispose of Ekkill after the backstabbing, play until Nid joins and check the dialogues; then, I'll load a previous save & replay only a part of Chapter 6 to get back on my tracks.

I suppose John processes these in batches, so not responding doesn't necessarily mean he hasn't read 'em. But, anything to help them optimize (minimize) their time would be appreciated. I started using color-coding after a couple of posts, when I realized that I dragged and babbled quite a bit! EDIT: Ninja'd by John

Nid/Ekkill dialogue

Hey Ratatoskr, the Bug you mentioned is known, i fixed it in my unofficial fixpack:

FIXED If you attack or ambush Onef's in Chapter 2, "ekkilldied" flag is never set, so in some conversations people will act like he is traveling in the caravan when he is not, this also could potentially cause unobvious bug while importing savegame to BS2;

And

FIXED If you stayed inside, losing the battle in which you steal Ekkill's supplies with Onef's help, will not set the aforementioned "ekkilldied" flag, with the same issues;

But for now, it seems John is focusing on addressing the unobvious bugs that are rising after the porting of BS1 on Saga2 engine.

Argh, too late! Sorry if my posts seems a bit out of place, i am writing from a 2011's htc shooter smartphone. Every time i start writing something, there is enough time in between to let a couple patch out

Thanks John. That all sounds good to me. I don't expect everything on this build, but I figured it's better to mention it all than to leave something out.

I didn't realize the stats were that bad on Bellower. I guess I'll just play his fight on hard. Not losing new players is a pretty good reason to make things easier
    I'd rather have more people playing anyway.

Also, considering that my caravan has been starving for about half a chapter now (my Rook caravan is pretty much always starving before and after Eintaroft), I am definitely looking forward to the changes in supplies. Although, I may have to let them all die at some point just to see the weirdness. My brother is the one who did that and apparently things get strange.

Arg, that Frostvellr situation! I actually want Ekkill alive, to port my saves in Saga2. But, wait: Nid joins _after_ Onef's betrayal? In this case, I can dispose of Ekkill after the backstabbing, play until Nid joins and check the dialogues; then, I'll load a previous save & replay only a part of Chapter 6 to get back on my tracks.

I suppose John processes these in batches, so not responding doesn't necessarily mean he hasn't read 'em. But, anything to help them optimize (minimize) their time would be appreciated. I started using color-coding after a couple of posts, when I realized that I dragged and babbled quite a bit! EDIT: Ninja'd by John
    I'm 90% certain that the conversation with Nid occurs after the ambush since it literally just happened in my game. She actually joins a little earlier but she doesn't talk to you then. Of course, given how many different games I have going at the same time, my timing could be a little off. But I know I had the same conversation in the game where I killed everyone (except Nid and Eirik) and found it very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by YaK View Post
    Hey Ratatoskr, the Bug you mentioned is known, i fixed it in my unofficial fixpack:

FIXED If you attack or ambush Onef's in Chapter 2, "ekkilldied" flag is never set, so in some conversations people will act like he is traveling in the caravan when he is not, this also could potentially cause unobvious bug while importing savegame to BS2;

And

FIXED If you stayed inside, losing the battle in which you steal Ekkill's supplies with Onef's help, will not set the aforementioned "ekkilldied" flag, with the same issues;

But for now, it seems John is focusing on addressing the unobvious bugs that are rising after the porting of BS1 on Saga2 engine.
    So... where might I be able to find this unofficial Fixpack? I haven't tried importing one of my saves where Eikill should be dead into 2 yet. I'll have to see if he still shows up.

Edit: It does look like some of your Fixpack issues have already been fixed with the latest patch, which is nice to see.
    Last edited by Ratatoskr; 11-07-2016 at 12:32 PM.

Search for "Spare Some Love To Banner Saga 1" thread, in The Longhouse subsection of this forum. There are several bugs like that fixed, so conparing to that list, we could focus on spotting new ones or suggestions.
    My mods: YaK's SSLTBS1 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga/mods/1 ) and Drake's & YaK's BS2 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga2/mods/2 )

I think, therefore I am... I think.

Chapter 6 is done. Here's a few more things:

45. [Suggestion] Roster should indicate when a hero has un-allocated stat points. Maybe a red cross, whereas the cyan cross denotes that hero is ready for promotion. Am saying this because at least two heroes (Eyvind and Nid) come with points to spend, that can go unnoticed.

46. [Check] Item Rank color-coding follow the Saga2 scheme, i.e. R1-2:grey, R3-4:green, R5:blue. It used to be: {1,2,3,4,5}:{grey,green,blue,purple,red}.

47. [Suggestion] Flytext for Hero {joined, departed, died, unavailable} would be nice to have, to reduce frustration from heroes suddenly gone missing.

48. [Inconsistency] During the Onef mutiny event, some text mentions "night", near the beginning of the poppening maybe.

49. [Inconsistency] After Onef's mutiny event, Ekkill shows up in Roster before the camp-convo where you have the option to "unbind" him, thus releasing him from his prisoner state.

50. [Balance] Normal gets rather easy near the end of Chapter 6, if you got 3+ Varl Warriors around. I admit to "power-playing" the game (choosing the best outcomes in most events), but I've rarely felt as challenged as I did in the earlier Chapters (2,4). The extra supplies (especially at Haukstorp) are more than welcome though; I managed to keep my caravan well provisioned, without cutting down Renown expenses for Promotions
    Last edited by Aleonymous; 11-09-2016 at 02:56 AM.

I agree with suggestions 45 and 47 for sure. Although, as someone who usually spends the entirely of chapter 6 starving to death and accidentally ditched Krumr this time around, the chapter isn't necessarily that easy depending on your choices.

And a few more potential errors:

1. Typo?: When Bolverk lets you into Boersgard (with Sigbjorn in your party), the end of the paragraph reads: “You hear a laugh echoing on the wind as the doors creak. A dozen armed men led by the massive varl make quick work of the dredge, and usher you into the city” Shouldn't that be, “the doors creak open” instead?

2. Word choice: In the last conversation between Rook and Alette, Rook should probably say “What will you do when Bellower comes straight for the person holding the only thing that can destroy him?” instead of “What do you do when Bellower comes straight for the person holding the only thing that can destroy him?” As written, that phrase has always sounded really weird to me.

3. Inconsistency: The icon of Alette should change to show her hood up after the battle with Bellower.

However, the latest GOG patch seems to have already fixed the issue with her description at that point and her image not having the hood up from behind in the conversation with Iver.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast