Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 122

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Requesting Community Assistance - Beta Testing TBS1 on Steam

  1. #41
    Factions veteran stoicmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oak Ridge, TN
    Posts
    290
    After another attempt at the same battle atop the tower, I lost 2 varl. I was able to move on with the game, however. The continue button worked. When the next battle opportunity came at the base of the tower, and setting up in the barracks, all the units were there and the two varl that went down in the previous battle were ready for battle with no injuries showing for either one.

    The other thing that I have found consistently is upon accepting a follow up battle immediately after the first, no number shows at the base of enemy units for the amount of damage that can be inflicted on that unit. That is important to me in play when deciding which unit to attack or make a different choice of a move.

  2. #42
    Superbacker Ratatoskr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by stoicmom View Post
    After another attempt at the same battle atop the tower, I lost 2 varl. I was able to move on with the game, however. The continue button worked. When the next battle opportunity came at the base of the tower, and setting up in the barracks, all the units were there and the two varl that went down in the previous battle were ready for battle with no injuries showing for either one.

    The other thing that I have found consistently is upon accepting a follow up battle immediately after the first, no number shows at the base of enemy units for the amount of damage that can be inflicted on that unit. That is important to me in play when deciding which unit to attack or make a different choice of a move.
    The lack of injuries may be because you're playing on easy. My brother had the same thing happen when he changed the difficulty on accident so I believe that's one of the things it does. But the other definitely sounds like a glitch.
    Last edited by Ratatoskr; 11-09-2016 at 03:43 PM.

  3. #43
    Skald Aleonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,442
    Completed Chapter 7. So, a couple more things to wrap this up:

    51. [Inconsistency] Thunder is heard while in Boersgard, but the atmosphere seems relatively clear with the occasional snowflakes. Surely not rain. Or is it some Sundr the cause of that?

    52. [Inconsistency] After Rook's death, Alette's square icon shows without her hood (mention by Rata as well). This happened during a brief poppening text, with Alette returning to the city after the battle. She's with hood in dialogue scenes (front and back) and in the Roster and Hero screens.

    53. [Balance] Stonesingers should yield more than +1 Renown; +2 or even +3.

    54. [Balance/Suggestion] Final battle has no resolution screen, nor does it give any Renown/Morale-boost at all. Also, the "+1 Renown" on killing Bellower is kinda ridiculous; remove it or customize it to something special, for example, the HUD could be entirely disabled as Bellower crumbles to his knees and drops face-down in the dirt. Finally, in view of Saga2, it'd be cool to get a special item from Bellower, like a plate from his crimson armor or spear; item bonuses could be something related to Bellower, e.g. +1STR/+1BRK to melee damage and (maybe) knockback too.

    55. [Inconsistency] "Resume" save slot has wrong (abritrary?) screenshot associated with it.

    56. [Suggestion] Saves should be sortable by real-time (last saved) or game-time (location in the story -- not "Day" counter!), within each profile.

    57. [Check] Saves not import-able into Saga2. Finale save exists, but Saga2 says "it's from an incomplete game" etc. EDIT: I replayed Saga1 from Stravhs, took same decision for Silver-Arrow, beat Bello on Hard, and saves were now properly imported

    58. [Consistency] Silver Arrow ability with zero Willpower shows up "shaded", but it can nonetheless be activated & used (and shows no "No Willpower" warning in red, like the regular ability).

    59. [Battle Bug] Damage indicator w/ Puncture gets messed up (reverts to regular damage) if Willpower is added, in the popup where you choose between STR or BRK attack. The damage done is nonetheless the correct (i.e. w/ Puncture bonus).

    ---

    I played the whole game on Normal. Gonna redo the final battle on Easy and Hard, just to see how it plays.

    EDIT: Added 55-57, then 58-59.
    Last edited by Aleonymous; 11-17-2016 at 05:55 PM.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

  4. #44
    Skald Aleonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,442
    ICYMI: Two posts with bugs found by YaK on Steam:

    Chapter 1 (Tutorial, Vedrfell)
    Chapter 7 (Boersgard)
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

  5. #45
    Superbacker Ratatoskr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    280
    I've started another run-through on hard just to do a sweep. Here's what I've found so far (it may be mostly typos. But I figure you can ignore those parts until you're ready to deal with that sort of nit-picking). I added color to some of the more important ones.

    1. Typo: In the conversation between Ubin and Eirik after the battle at Nobleman, Ubin says “Ah, things makes a little more sense.” That should be, “...things make a little more sense...”

    2. Typo: In the description of Mogr right before your caravan leaves Strand, he's described as Vognir's quarter master. I believe that should quartermaster without the space.

    3. Typo/Inconsistency: In the map description of Spine Isles near Strand, Denglrs Bay has no apostrophe. In the map description of the Left and Right Foot, it's called Denglr Bay instead. It's Denglrs Bay on the map but Denglr's Bay in its description. The correct cartographic form would be Denglrs Bay but as long as you're consistent any of them would probably work. And yes, I have read your entire map.

    4. Suggestion: The Share App and Buy Soundtrack buttons don't seem to do anything on the GOG version either. I'd like them removed along with View Stats.

    5. Inconsistency: When characters get little thumbnail pictures is not consistent. They always get them when they speak from offscreen, but they sometimes get them when they're on screen as well. Not a huge deal, but it can be a little confusing.

    6. Suggestion: Make it more obvious when Vognir leaves the conversation at Vedrfell. It's easy to miss and if you do, it's a little jarring when he's suddenly dead a few seconds later.

    7. Suggestion: At the start of chapter 2, the map should be more centered over Ubin's picture before it moves to Skogr. His image is kind of off to left for me.

    8. Suggestion: I'd like to second Aleo's suggestion of starting the Starving Dredge battle in Pillage Mode for consistency.

    9. Inconsistency: Egil talks about promising to protect Alette in your first conversation even if you didn't let them fight at the houses and he never said that.

    10. Typo?: If you choose to side with Hogun and Mogun after the first village, the last line before the fight reads: “As you pull your axe, Alette is nowhere to be seen.” Should it be, “As you pull <i>out</i> your axe...” instead?

    11. Bug: Toward the end of the fight to get inside Frostvellr (if I shove open the gate), I suddenly stopped being able to do armor damage to one of the Thrashers even though he had two armor left. I could still do regular damage just fine.

    12. Typo: In the beginning of chapter 3 at the end of the conversation with Ludin, there's an apostrophe missing when Hakon says, “I could crush the boys skull with one hand.”
    Last edited by Ratatoskr; 11-14-2016 at 09:59 AM.

  6. #46
    Skald Aleonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatoskr View Post
    Yes, I have read your entire map.
    Eeeek!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatoskr View Post
    11. Bug: Toward the end of the fight to get inside Frostvellr (if I shove open the gate), I suddenly stopped being able to do armor damage to one of the Thrashers even though he had two armor left. I could still do regular damage just fine.
    Had the exact same problem, on the same board; it's #35 on my list. If you have the log-files, do follow John's instructions (email them to QA etc), because mine got overwritten/lost by the time he responded.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

  7. #47
    Superbacker Ratatoskr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post

    Had the exact same problem, on the same board; it's #35 on my list. If you have the log-files, do follow John's instructions (email them to QA etc), because mine got overwritten/lost by the time he responded.
    Dang, I guess I missed that when I scanned through the list of other bugs. And I'll have to try repeating that board until the glitch appears again because I managed to overwrite mine too (it seems to be catching). Which actually gives me a suggestion...

    Suggestion: Can we please have some sort of autosave at the beginning of Chapter 3? Every time I miss a piece of dialogue in Hakon's opening conversation and reload without thinking, I have to go all the way back to the beginning of Frostvellr.
    Last edited by Ratatoskr; 11-14-2016 at 10:00 AM.

  8. #48
    Superbacker Ratatoskr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    280
    Yeah, it's me again. This post is entirely about the map. I went back through the entire thing again just to be thorough because I was a geography major and maps are what I like. It's mostly typos but there are a few questions as well. And presumably, if you used the same map, these also apply to game 2. Feel free to ignore me (and all my ridiculously long posts) until a better time.

    A. The strait of harrows is misspelled straight toward the end of its description.

    B. Valkajokull – inconsistent in tense again, though that could be intentional. Also, the middle sentence is a bit unclear. It should probably say: “others believe the dredge were forced...” Currently it reads like you might mean the Valka instead.

    C. Gimfell Peak's note implies that no varl are still young, but we meet a young varl in game 2.

    D. In general, you are inconsistent about apostrophes, both on the map and in the notes.

    E. You call Vetur Sea the Winter Sea in its description, is that intentional?

    F. Hraun has an extra the in the first sentence of its description so it reads “used to the be the...”

    G. Tinsfount – the last sentence should probably read, “Any travelers...”

    H. Swartbog – In the last sentence it should be unwary not unweary.

    I. Graywater Sea – Missing word in first sentence. Should be “..miserable body of water...”

    J. Gruin Sea – Typo on nauseous in the second sentence.

    K. Mireway River – typo in first sentence. Should be “...simply abandon...” not “simple abandon...”

    L. The Armsbeck – typo in first sentence on the word northward.

    M. Sweinnsfeed – Typo in first sentence on the word cultivate.

    N. Tistel – There appears to be an extra that in the last sentence. You don't need the second one and it sounds weird with it there.

    O. Rake's Crossing – Missing word in the 4th line. Should probably read “...easier access to take their goods...”

    P. Rotfjord – typo in 3rd line. Should be, “By the time they reach their end...”

    Q. Grenilund – is this town supposed to have a description? All the others do.

    R. Lundar – missing apostrophe on kings in second line.

    S. Ongullstaddr – it's odd that Bay is capitalized in the 3rd line. Unless it was supposed to say Fiska Bay instead.

    T. Longships – typo on murky in the last line.

    U. Inconsistency: the Menders is sometimes capitalized and sometimes not. Also, shouldn't the possessive of menders be menders' not mender's? It's mostly mender's on the map but Ubin uses the capital when talking about the banner in Arberrang at the start of Chapter 3.
    Last edited by Ratatoskr; 11-17-2016 at 04:38 PM.

  9. #49
    Superbacker Ratatoskr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    280
    And here's the post with actual bugs. I emailed a log that should cover #11 and #3 already so hopefully you have them. I'm not sure if 7 is a bug or not, but it was the same game so you may be able to find it in the same log as well. Oh, and this game was all on hard. If I get the chance, I'll see if I get the same bugs on normal or easy.

    1. Inconsistency?: This isn't an error as much as something that has always confused me. How long did Hakon know Vognir? Because when they first arrive in Strand Ubin implies that Hakon and Vognir were a unit and were known for fighting together in the second war. But in the beginning of Chapter 3, Hakon tells Ubin that the older varl knew Vognir longer than he did. Which statement is true? Or are they both true somehow?

    2. Typo: Chapter 3. When Hakon's caravan encounters the first set of merchants before Denglr's godstone, the merchant says. “Dredge start appearing out of nowhere. Some of us stayed...” I believe that should be: “Dredge started appearing out of nowhere...” so that it's all past tense.

    3. Bug: I'm also getting the glitch where the potential damage stops appearing if you decide to kill a few more dredge before they flee in any battle. Enemies' potential damage to my characters doesn't appear either. The only way to see possible damage is to actually start an attack.

    4. Typo: Chapter 3, the village before Denglr's godstone, after you rescue the people from underneath the hatch, in option 3 it says, “They're paralyzed with fear, and loss of their homes...” Shouldn't that be: “They're paralyzed with fear and the loss of their homes...”?

    6. Inconsistency: Chapter 3. When talking to Fasolt. If you try to go to Grofheim (option 3), you can't and the dialogue references a dream. Specifically: “You're getting that tingly feeling, like before. Like the dream.” To which I can only ask, what dream? Seriously, I have no idea what it's talking about unless I'm forgetting something important. Also, since the last line is: “Ludin's inane barking pulls you back,” it's weird that Fasolt talks next.

    7. Bug?: This may be intentional, but if you hit the same Slag Slinger more than once in-between their turns, they only move after the first hit. (I first noticed this in the battle before Dengler's godstone). If this is intentional, the description is misleading.

    8. Suggestion: A way to escape out of promotions after clicking on the red banner so that you don't have to click continue and then cancel or switch characters.

    9. Typo: Chapter 3. When your varl are going back to collect the spilled gold, option 3 seems to be missing a few words in the sentence: “Any future leave will be considered desertion.” I know what you mean, but I don't think that's grammatical.

    10. Typo: Chapter 3. In the woods when talking to Yrsa, should there be quotes around “You could set part of the woods on fire...” or did you mean that to be implied when she pats her arrows? It currently reads a bit unclear.

    11. Bug: Chapter 3. At the battle in the woods if you attack without lighting anything on fire, game glitched out in terms of order. Instead of alternating, my characters attacked in clumps.
    Last edited by Ratatoskr; 11-15-2016 at 11:47 AM.

  10. #50
    Skald Aleonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatoskr View Post
    D. In general, you are inconsistent about apostrophes, both on the map and in the notes.
    U. Inconsistency: the Menders is sometimes capitalized and sometimes not. Also, shouldn't the possessive of menders be menders' not mender's? It's mostly mender's on the map but Ubin uses the capital when talking about the banner in Arberrang at the start of Chapter 3.
    Those two plague me as well!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatoskr View Post

    1. Inconsistency?: This isn't an error as much as something that has always confused me. How long did Hakon know Vognir? Because when they first arrive in Strand Ubin implies that Hakon and Vognir were a unit and were known for fighting together in the second war. But in the beginning of Chapter 3, Hakon tells Ubin that the older varl knew Vognir longer than he did. Which statement is true? Or are they both true somehow?

    6. Inconsistency: Chapter 3. When talking to Fasolt. If you try to go to Grofheim (option 3), you can't and the dialogue references a dream. Specifically: “You're getting that tingly feeling, like before. Like the dream.” To which I can only ask, what dream? Seriously, I have no idea what it's talking about unless I'm forgetting something important. Also, since the last line is: “Ludin's inane barking pulls you back,” it's weird that Fasolt talks next.

    7. Bug?: This may be intentional, but if you hit the same Slag Slinger more than once in-between their turns, they only move after the first hit. (I first noticed this in the battle before Dengler's godstone). If this is intentional, the description is misleading.
    1. If Ubin > Vognir > Hakon, in terms of their ages, then both statements can be true: Ubin+Vognir knew each other when they were "young", and then Vognir+Hakon became close (kendr) as more "mature" Varl.

    6. There is a dream experienced by Hakon (and later confirmed that Mogr "saw" it too) in Chapter 3, most likely "emitted" by Juno, to attract them to Ridgehorn. I am pretty sure (but not 100%) that it happens before you meet Fasolt. Obviously, Juno compels Hakon to come to Ridgehorn, so that when he even thinks of going to Grofheim he starts feeling the "pull".

    7. I've given up trying to understand how/when Slingers' Back Off triggers ... I've observed that Splinter (BRK) damage rarely triggers it, whereas STR damage (direct or AoE) almost always triggers it. I believe another factor is the Slinger's place in the turn-queue: If she's up to act next, Back Off usually does not trigger.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

  11. #51
    Superbacker Ratatoskr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post

    1. If Ubin > Vognir > Hakon, in terms of their ages, then both statements can be true: Ubin+Vognir knew each other when they were "young", and then Vognir+Hakon became close (kendr) as more "mature" Varl.

    6. There is a dream experienced by Hakon (and later confirmed that Mogr "saw" it too) in Chapter 3, most likely "emitted" by Juno, to attract them to Ridgehorn. I am pretty sure (but not 100%) that it happens before you meet Fasolt. Obviously, Juno compels Hakon to come to Ridgehorn, so that when he even thinks of going to Grofheim he starts feeling the "pull".

    7. I've given up trying to understand how/when Slingers' Back Off triggers ... I've observed that Splinter (BRK) damage rarely triggers it, whereas STR damage (direct or AoE) almost always triggers it. I believe another factor is the Slinger's place in the turn-queue: If she's up to act next, Back Off usually does not trigger.
    1. I suppose, but the way it's phrased has always seemed weird to me. Hakon seems to be implying that he didn't know Vognir all that well.

    6. If you mean the dream where you and Mogr randomly start flying and there are birds, that happens after meeting Fasolt. That's the only dream I could think of too, which is one of the reasons I was so confused by that comment. If Juno is messing with his mind, I'm fine with that, but the mention of a dream doesn't make sense.

    7.Well, glad I'm not the only one. But it's annoying when I'm trying to use Impale and then they don't move.

    *I'm also glad I'm not the only one bothered by apostrophes and inconsistent capitalization.
    Last edited by Ratatoskr; 11-15-2016 at 12:52 PM.

  12. #52
    Skald Aleonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatoskr View Post
    6. If you mean the dream where you and Mogr randomly start flying and there are birds, that happens after meeting Fasolt. That's the only dream I could think of too, which is one of the reasons I was so confused by that comment. If Juno is messing with his mind, I'm fine with that, but the mention of a dream doesn't make sense.
    Someone on reddit made the same observation as you (6 months ago). Yes, it seems like they messed up the order of events; maybe the dream initially took place before meeting Fasolt and having this discussion?
    Last edited by Aleonymous; 11-16-2016 at 10:09 AM.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

  13. #53
    Superbacker Ratatoskr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    Someone on reddit made the same observation as you (6 months ago). Yes, it seems like the messed up the order of events; maybe the dream initially took place before meeting Fasolt and having this discussion?
    Of course they did. And it's possible, or Stoic originally had another dream in there as well.

    Also, I think I figured out what's going on with the thrasher armor glitch. It's not so much a bug as a confusing game mechanic. It happens when the thrasher has no armor, but they're standing next to someone so their ability gives them at least one armor that you can't actually break. So the actual glitch is the times when it lets me try to attack that armor, not when it doesn't.

  14. #54
    Skald Aleonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatoskr View Post
    Also, I think I figured out what's going on with the thrasher armor glitch. It's not so much a bug as a confusing game mechanic. It happens when the thrasher has no armor, but they're standing next to someone so their ability gives them at least one armor that you can't actually break. So the actual glitch is the times when it lets me try to attack that armor, not when it doesn't.
    In my case (#35), the Thrasher didn't have an adjacent ally when it happened; you might notice an adjacent ally corpse (that of a Thrasher) in my screenshot. I agree that the game shouldn't allow you to attack ARM; well the "zero damage" is at least there to prevent you!
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

  15. #55
    Superbacker Ratatoskr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    In my case (#35), the Thrasher didn't have an adjacent ally when it happened; you might notice an adjacent ally corpse (that of a Thrasher) in my screenshot. I agree that the game shouldn't allow you to attack ARM; well the "zero damage" is at least there to prevent you!
    Interesting. I'll have to play it a few times and see if I can get that. Or at least replicate the bug where it let Iver attack the thrasher's armor anyway.

  16. #56
    Skald Aleonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,442
    A bunch of fixes in the Steam beta by John. Copied from here:

    FIXED: Renown Count does not appear to match up between menus, expenditures appear to affect renown count differently based on menu.
    FIXED: A variety of internal errors
    FIXED: All caravan stats display as "0" in HUD
    FIXED: War poppening incorrectly shows "0 fighters, 0 varl" before battle, even if many fighters/varl are in caravan
    FIXED: Using rest building in Sigrholm does not appear to consume supplies, increase morale, or advance time.
    FIXED: Iver's battering ram animation is not playing during battle.
    FIXED: Japanese Text does not display when attempting to rebind gamepad controls.
    FIXED: Promotion Screen includes reference to TBS2 Talents
    FIXED: Gamepad "Stick sensitivity" text is cut off in some languages
    FIXED: Fasolt's promotion portrait is blank in battle-resolution screen

    CHANGED: Increase loot drop chance for winning the second wave of a battles. Increased to 100%
    CHANGED: Varl that join the caravan after the Godstone in chapter 3 should have supplies. Now gives 40 supplies
    CHANGED: Grofheim burning should be shown for a longer time before it cuts out to Chapter 4
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

  17. #57
    Superbacker Ratatoskr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    280
    Happy to see some of those fixes. I still haven't managed to recreate your particular Thrasher armor glitch, Aleo, but I should have another list of random errors in a while once I get a bit farther in my hard game.

  18. #58
    Skald Aleonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,442
    I think the "activity" around the Saga1 patch beta-testing has kinda dropped, from Stoic's side. Not sure how many more resources they will commit to keep correcting things, but reports will surely help! If anything, to swell their backlog
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

  19. #59
    Superbacker Ratatoskr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    I think the "activity" around the Saga1 patch beta-testing has kinda dropped, from Stoic's side. Not sure how many more resources they will commit to keep correcting things, but reports will surely help! If anything, to swell their backlog
    I'm not too worried about my notes being fixed now. But at least this way there's a record of them, and John already said that some things should be on the list for next time.
    Someday, someone will be told to fix the map typos and when they are, I'll be ready

  20. #60
    Senior Modder YaK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    255
    I'll keep your report in mind for the next update of the unofficial fixpack.

    Cannot fix all the issues, but at least the typos and a couple more (maybe the save at the beginning of Ch3) seems fixable to me.
    My mods: YaK's SSLTBS1 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga/mods/1 ) and Drake's & YaK's BS2 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga2/mods/2 )




    I think, therefore I am... I think.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •