Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Requesting Community Assistance - Beta Testing TBS1 on Steam

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    These are fixed, for the most part, in the upcoming build. I made a few modifications. In particular on the well-debated traveling phrase

Mine is "Any travel through horseborn lands usually passes through Tinsfount". This uses the verb 'Travel' as the subject of the sentence, which is a beloved device called Anthimeria. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthimeria

Also, here's an interesting graph showing the global occurrence of 'traveling' vs. 'travelling'. https://writingexplained.org/travelli...ing-difference
    I don't know who you are, sir (or lady), but i love you regardlessly of your gender, orientation, preferred food, species or whatever. Thank (as Scathach would have said).

That said, it was that particular link the one i was referring when i said i learned another subtle difference between UK and USA English, thanks to Noah Webster

Anyway, the repetition of travel(l)ing wasn't very elegant, so this is a better solution for sure. You know, i am not a professional writer and if i would have, i would not have been for sure an English writer

And I'm also glad to hear that most of the map typos are getting fixed (though I'll have to wait for the GOG version to come out. Sigh).
    From what i know, GOG patching process is not fast as Steam's one, so, probably Stoic will update a patch there only after this series of various hotfixes is ended, but FEAR NOT!

I am so happy right know, that, if you want (and provide me the correct file) i will update it manually!
    Last edited by YaK; 12-07-2016 at 01:16 PM.
    My mods: YaK's SSLTBS1 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga/mods/1 ) and Drake's & YaK's BS2 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga2/mods/2 )

I think, therefore I am... I think.

Quote Originally Posted by YaK View Post
    From what I know, GOG patching process is not fast as Steam's one, so, probably Stoic will update a patch there only after this series of various hotfixes is ended, but FEAR NOT!
    I am so happy right know, that, if you want (and provide me the correct file) i will update it manually!
    If you tell me which file you need, that would be great. Though I wouldn't be able to get it to you until tonight. I'm kinda at work right now.... Anyway, I'm used to waiting for the patches so it's not that big a deal Just knowing that it's fixed gives me something to look forward to.

"strings.json.z" located in "../tbs/assets/common/locale/en"

Don't know if you prefer to get the official fixes (applied to your gog version) or just "yours".
    My mods: YaK's SSLTBS1 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga/mods/1 ) and Drake's & YaK's BS2 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga2/mods/2 )

"strings.json.z" located in "../tbs/assets/common/locale/en"
    Don't know if you prefer to get the official fixes (applied to your gog version) or just "yours".
    I think I'd probably prefer the official stoic fixes eventually if only so everything will match and any bugs I find will be accurate. But if I make a backup copy I can switch it back when the new update gets rolled out and this way, I wouldn't have to look at the typos until then

If you meant something else by official fixes, sure? If I'm making a backup copy anyway then I figure more corrections are always good. It would keep me from nitpicking until the next one shows up.

Of course, what I really really want is a different treatment of Yrsa dying in the tower vs. leaving in the forest for when she comes back in BG2 so that my games have all the proper variations. But I know that's a later item. Much like some of my other plot notes on things not making sense.

I intended that i could fetch a "typo-free" strings.json.z (that addresses map errors) right now, with your correction or wait till Stoic release the aforementioned hotfix with corrections on Steam and then adapt it to your gog version.

Anyway yes, having a backup will just do the trick, usually i keep the backupt in the same folder and switch them (or compare them) when i would like to try something new.

The Yrsa inconsistency also bugged me a lot, looking at the games files it's clear that was planned a more deep role for her in BS2 (she has also a unique item, never gained in game), probably a bit of romance.

Unfortunately it is a very intensive thing to fix via mod. It could be done, but i need to put new variables in saga1, let BS2 import them and then write a couple of different dialogues in which she implies didn't die in the tower (in the same fashion of how Fasolt managed to survive) but is aware of Ludin's death, in that case, and unaware if she went missing in the forest.
    Last edited by YaK; 12-07-2016 at 04:29 PM.

Well, I wasn't necessarily expecting you to fix Yrsa (and I could see our saves getting whacked out as soon as stoic did any kind of update what with the extra variables). That's just my wish list for stoic et. al. And a unique item? Really? I wonder why they cut that out.

I'll send you the string file as soon as I have the chance. Whatever amount of fixing you get to is just fine with me and I'm playing BS2 right now anyway so no need to rush. Would I also need to start new saves with this?

-- Edit: Sounds like this may not even be necessary per John's post above Then I can start doing a whole new run of playthroughs for bugs - I swear I sometimes get the weirdest ones.

Thanks a bunch.
    Last edited by Ratatoskr; 12-07-2016 at 04:25 PM.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatoskr View Post
    (though I'll have to wait for the GOG version to come out. Sigh).
    Should be fairly soon once we stabilize the Steam build. Hopefully we will put out a final hotfix for Steam on Monday and then GOG a few days later.

Great news, John!! Thank you for all of your hard work <3

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #89
    BETA BRANCH updated to 2.36.09

Hopefully this one is clean enough to go live!

• Fix typos reported by YaK (https://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthr...ll=1#post32737)
    • Fix Console error when leaving Denglr's godstone
    • Fix Locked class achievements display progress tracker, indicate needing more kills than is required. 3 kills now properly required
    • Fix Resume save stuck in Vedrfell after updating
    • Fix Backbiter Veteran enemy uses Dagr's sprite and portrait picture.
    • Fix issue with Nid having a negative amount of stat points to spend
    • Fix Number of Varl in caravan does not increase despite varl choosing to join Iver when leaving Einartoft... now adds 23 varl to caravan
    • Fix Ubin's caravan does not add fighters or varl to your caravan when joining after Einartoft... now adds 15 fighters, 5 varl, and 40 supplies (rather than 30 supplies)
    • Fix Unable to scroll using a gamepad when loading save files

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    BETA BRANCH updated to 2.36.09

Hopefully this one is clean enough to go live!

• Fix typos reported by YaK (https://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthr...ll=1#post32737)
    • Fix Number of Varl in caravan does not increase despite varl choosing to join Iver when leaving Einartoft... now adds 23 varl to caravan
    • Fix Ubin's caravan does not add fighters or varl to your caravan when joining after Einartoft... now adds 15 fighters, 5 varl, and 40 supplies (rather than 30 supplies)
    These will surely bring smiles to some of our fellow clansmen faces

EDIT: I wonder when will those "obnoxiously placed" trees be repaired
    Last edited by Aleonymous; 12-08-2016 at 04:58 AM.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

That all sounds great to me. Especially all those dang typos that Yak and I have been on about Seriously, I need to like throw a party or something.

Out of curiosity, did you also fix the issue where promoting Ludin before the Vedrfell battle can break the game? Because I'm really tempted to try that one when this rolls over to GOG. Also, if anyone knows, will I have to re-unlock Tryggvi after the next update? Or will that stick?
    Last edited by Ratatoskr; 12-08-2016 at 10:24 AM.

... will I have to re-unlock Tryggvi after the next update? Or will that stick?
    I am 99% sure that you will have to re-do the edit, because saga1.json.z (the "master script") is often the most-updated file of all.

That all sounds great to me. Especially all those dang typos that Yak and I have been on about Seriously, I need to like throw a party or something.

Out of curiosity, did you also fix the issue where promoting Ludin before the Vedrfell battle can break the game? Because I'm really tempted to try that one when this rolls over to GOG. Also, if anyone knows, will I have to re-unlock Tryggvi after the next update? Or will that stick?
    1) Yep, Ludin's issue was fixed in the previous beta, the only "oddity" that reamins is that if he stays alive (he could) he will not be able to do STR damage untile the end of the fight, BUT I LIKE IT, since after the fight Hakon tell hiw how to deal with dredge, so it could make sense.
    2) Yep, you should re-unlock him.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    I am 99% sure that you will have to re-do the edit, because saga1.json.z (the "master script") is often the most-updated file of all.
    Yeah, I figured. But I thought I'd check just in case. It's not really that hard to do.

For another random question, do you think any of the new updates are likely to break my old saves? Not for playing, but for importing. I currently have about ten BS1 saves ready for BS2 - cross-referenced by how many people died, the end choice, and other things because I am a ridiculous person - and I'd hate to have to redo them all later.

Edit (since Yak ninjaed me ) - well, I'll still have to try the Ludin thing then. Just to see him fail at fighting dredge. Thanks.

Yeah, I figured. But I thought I'd check just in case. It's not really that hard to do.
    For another random question, do you think any of the new updates are likely to break my old saves? Not for playing, but for importing. I currently have about ten BS1 saves ready for BS2 - cross-referenced by how many people died, the end choice, and other things because I am a ridiculous person - and I'd hate to have to redo them all later.
    They shouldn't. Just a bunch of variables are really imported to Saga2. Of course, changes are not retroactive: If, let's say, a patch change the amount of varl gained in an event or lower the stats of a Hero, this will be not reflected in your saves untile you reload them in Saga1 and redo that specific part.

@John

John, how are Saga's .jsons (text) encoded? With UTF-8 or ANSI? Or the compiler and the engine could just digest everything?

They shouldn't. Just a bunch of variables are really imported to Saga2. Of course, changes are not retroactive: If, let's say, a patch change the amount of varl gained in an event or lower the stats of a Hero, this will be not reflected in your saves until you reload them in Saga1 and redo that specific part.
    Okay, that's fine. That's pretty much what I figured. I was already planning on doing at least one more run through BS1 if the Yrsa issue in BS2 ever gets fixed because of that and I'm not too worried about stat changes. Thanks.

18.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #98
    Quote Originally Posted by yak View Post
    @john

john, how are saga's .jsons (text) encoded? With utf-8 or ansi? Or the compiler and the engine could just digest everything?
    utf-8

I have a strange thing. Its much easier to show (live version of TBS1):
    https://gyazo.com/def13bfe7c014630503f91fc9dbcbc93

+ a lot of ugly text bugs in russian version:
    https://gyazo.com/9499dbfabac52afb36aa4907315f7c50

I can help with this text bug if you ask

---
    Hope it is right topic to post it
    Last edited by Tiraglarm; 12-23-2016 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiraglarm View Post
    I have a strange thing. Its much easier to show (live version of TBS1):
    https://gyazo.com/def13bfe7c014630503f91fc9dbcbc93

+ a lot of ugly text bugs in russian version:
    https://gyazo.com/9499dbfabac52afb36aa4907315f7c50
    Thanks for the report and for taking the time to make a thorough picture-guide for that, Tiraglarm! It would help if you could also tell the devs what's that Boersgard event all about (approximately), because of the Russian language.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast