Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Sacred Fire - a turn-based psychological RPG mixing narrative and tactics

Thank you for having my back, it's fixed now

We just made it into the top 100 games on Steam Greenlight. It took less than 3 days - you guys are awesome, thank you all!

Let's see how far we can keep climbing.

There is a thread on reddit about us, your upvote can help us reach even more fans, thank you: https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comme...ire_turnbased/
    Last edited by kingfall; 01-30-2017 at 08:41 AM.

We woke up to a nice surprise today, we are already #75 in the Steam Greenlight. Thank you all for your continuous and unrelenting support.

It's the first time we are making waves, well maybe ripples , on Reddit as well.

We basically need one last push to get to the top 50 where the Greenlighting happens.

Who will be the hero to save the day today?

This scene shows why relationships in Sacred Fire matter - they can be literary the difference between life and death.
    Of course not all relationships are friendly and how you manage the hostile ones is equally as important and affects also combat encounters difficulty.
    Last edited by kingfall; 01-31-2017 at 06:49 AM.

I think you'll make your mark, easily enough. A good game doesn't need to worry much

That battle scene feels really intense! Something between reading a book and watching a film, interactive, of course!

By the way, I caught a hyperlink pointing to Steam instead of Reddit, in your Twitter (e.g. this)
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Thank you, that's very kind of you to say. Our experience is, once people get, that we are doing something new, they are really supportive. On the other hand, you really have to fight for the exposure, it takes some really coordinated effort on our side. That's why we appreciate every help we can get, so thank you.

Thanks for the catch with the mixed up link in the tweet, we fixed it.
    Last edited by kingfall; 01-31-2017 at 05:22 PM.

Thanks to you all, our Steam Greenlight is well underway. With almost 2,500 votes we are getting close to being in the top 30. That would be quite a feat for us and our community.

In the meanwhile, we would like to ask what you think about the voting that happens on our site:

More than 500 of you voted at https://www.SacredFireGame.com/#voting for their favorite character to raise the NPCs in-game influence.

You can choose between characters that want to vengefully crush Rome, or those who want to survive Rome and build a nation. This way you can have a powerful, like-minded NPC ally inside the game.

As a player character you are always free to choose your own path. It just makes things easier if an NPC has your back, or harder if you fight alone.

It's also an interesting feedback to our casting/writing. What do you think?

The voting is based only on first impressions of the characters, as it represents the experience of your player character in the very beginning of the story - the only person your character knows is Wid, the others are new to you and you have to decide whom to join support or fight on critical decisions. If you play it smart you will soon gain insights into who the NPCs and their true motives truly are. The question how to go about the war with Rome should be more clear.

What I find interesting is that the the faction hell bent on making Rome pay is not winning. I feel like there may be some hope for humanity after all If people are willing to look past the cruelty and revenge and wish to leave behind a better world for their children. Do not get me wrong, the patriots will still need to lead a very real resistance war, but the objective is to save as many of their own, instead of watching Rome burn even if it means to burn down with them.

But then, players haven't felt the cruelty of Rome first hand yet. But what do you do once evil touches your live? I think this is a question that defines a person very deeply. This is the kind of questions we want to explore.

From a developer's perspective it's good feedback on how people like/dislike the characters you envision as a writer at first sight. And than we can take it from there in many different directions, who the characters truly are.

Quote Originally Posted by kingfall View Post
    What I find interesting is that the the faction hell bent on making Rome pay is not winning. I feel like there may be some hope for humanity after all If people are willing to look past the cruelty and revenge and wish to leave behind a better world for their children.

But then, players haven't felt the cruelty of Rome first hand yet. But what do you do once evil touches your live? I think this is a question that defines a person very deeply. This is the kind of questions we want to explore.
    A very interesting poll you got set-up there, and a nice break down of the meaning of the votes. I personally went for Clair the Lady (Build a Nation faction).

A question: What is the "Intoxicating" trait?

The "Intoxicating" is an appearance trait, one of the 5 elite traits. You can pick 2 in character creation, they define your strengths and predispose you how to solve conflicts. Here are the descriptions:

Diehard - Your body is relentless, always ready to fight, to endure and to prevail. With this Trait you can go further, climb higher and fight harder, carving your own legend.

Leader - People feel drawn to you, as you have a natural ability to lead, inspire and achieve great things. Although there is no party of NPCs to lead, this Trait gives you power over yourself and others

Genius - You have the gift of insight. Your mind can walk paths no one has taken before. No matter where you start with your abilities, with this Trait, you will ultimately triumph

Intoxicating - You posses the gift of a unique, almost otherworldly beauty. This Trait will bring you Affection and Renown, but also Envy and Hate

Likeable - Authentic and graceful, you naturally attune yourself to others and easily win people over. Winning people over can take you further then any other talent
    Last edited by kingfall; 02-06-2017 at 06:00 AM.

Thanks for the descriptions. It's a complicated system you got there, so sometimes a single word is not sufficient to describe/contain the full meaning (and consequences) of all that a trait entails. Intoxicating is actually the hardest one to "grasp" from those five; in my understanding, it mostly bears a negative connotation (also the only one from the list of five to do so).

Thank you, this is good feedback. The trait name was inspired by the meaning of the female Celtic name Maeve, and yes it has caused various reactions. Some people really love it and it's their most popular pick, others are confused, other have negative connotations. As always I am open to suggestions, the trick is - it's ideal if the trait name fits both male and female characters.

Btw. this morning was a nice surprise: we made it into the top 20 on Steam Greenlight, with over 3,000 YES votes, we reached #18.
    Thank you all it shouldn't take long now, but we appreciate every fan, so if you like what you see, please please vote for us now.

Well, seems like Sacred Fire might be one of the last (good) games to come out of Steam Greenlight...

https://steamcommunity.com/greenlight...6758580075301/

Hi, sorry for the delay, we have been working hard recording the KS video (link to behind the scenes picture).

Thank you for your kind words, we are at #12 today, so chances are good we will make it in time

Fun fact: Valve announced Greenlight is going away for the first time in January 2014 https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...ht-going-away/

Fun fact: Valve announced Greenlight is going away for the first time in January 2014
    A couple of days after Saga1 was released!

Well, Valve are know for _not_ being stubborn about their changes, so maybe they'll reconsider. Reactions are kinda mixed at the moment, leaning towards the negative side...

Last week the guys from 11 Bit Studios came to our town to talk about the writing of This War of Mine, an indie game about surviving as civilians in a war. If you never heard about the game, you should totally check out their trailer, I’m still having goose bumps watching it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxf1seOpijE. It’s a masterpiece.

We share with our friends at 11 Bit Studios a similar vision that a good video game should make an impact on people’s lives. Sacred Fire will be an engaging and fun game but it’s designed to make you reflect on what is the right thing to do in a complex conflict and then see how things unfold.

I’m switching back and forth between an utter panic that there’s still so much to do and a feeling that everything will be fine because we’ve been preparing for this for months and people like the game wherever we go. Yes, it’s Kickstarter time! Mark March 8 in your calendars and let’s talk about the most fun stuff: What kind of Kickstarter rewards you would like to see?

I’m so excited about this: We are discussing a bunch of rewards involving Doug Cockle, the voice of the Witcher, who is working with us on voiceovers.

We have a few reward ideas, but we turn to you with an irresistible offer: Tell me what is your dream Kickstarter reward. Would you like to get your own voicemail greeting narrated by Doug? Or how about a nice dinner with our team and Doug? What would be an attractive backer reward for you involving Doug? How much would it be worth to you?

And one more thing. We’re working hard on our Kickstarter project page and I want to get your feedback on it. Let me know if you’re willing to be a part of a small group of fans who will see the preview.

Also, we’re still on Steam Greenlight! As I mentioned, we’ve hit the #12 spot recently. But it seems that we need a final push to get greenlit. You can help us here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=843790587

a. This War of Mine

b. I’m switching back and forth between an utter panic that there’s still so much to do and a feeling that everything will be fine.... it’s Kickstarter time! Mark March 8 in your calendars...

c. What would be an attractive backer reward for you involving Doug? How much would it be worth to you? Would you like to get your own voicemail greeting narrated by Doug? Or how about a nice dinner with our team and Doug?

d. We’re working hard on our Kickstarter project page and I want to get your feedback on it.
    a. Heard very good things about it. A very nice game, excluding the grim setting!

b. Hang in there! So, 8 Mar. Nice, and convenient -- after Saga3 KS is concluded

c. Voicemail greeting by Geralt sounds awesome Will give some more thought on this and get back to you!

d. I'm super busy lately (all work and no gaming ), but I can definitely help with some feedback!

Doug Cockle is certain to be your pivotal force, so use him as best as you can as rewards as well. Personalised messages from him sound great.
    Maybe take a look at kickstarters, past and current, in the Art and Music sections to get an idea on how to better use him as a main pulling strength.
    My beard is augmented.

@Aleonymous Thank you for your kind words! I survived the pitch recording, so I feel invincible right now Yes, our launch is approximately when Banner Saga ends, I don't even know anymore if it's good or bad, but that's how it all worked out. Let's hope people are not all out of money after the creative wizards at Stoic unleash their finishing updates Thank you for the feedback offer, we will get back to you.

@Troll Yes, we get good reactions on the personalized message reward. We have to be mindful of not stepping on CD PRojekt RED catch phrases territory, so we are thinking of doing a fixed one, personalized with your name.
    It's a good idea to look at KS outside of gaming for this, thank you.

Hey everyone we have some great news:

We have been Greenlit today, thank you all for your fantastic support!

It took 32 days and almost 4,000 YES votes. We are grateful and happy, it brings us one step closer to releasing the game.

We are also hard at work on our crowdfunding campaign. Based on your feedback we realized there is more we can do for the Kickstarter. Besides many tweaks based on your input, we are preparing an in-depth developer commentary video. We pushed back the launch of the campaign one week to get things right. I hope this doesn't affect anyone negatively.

We launch on Kickstarter on March the 15th.

Congrats on Greenlighting and godspeed for Kickstarter!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast